A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gretchen Purcell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Purcell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Purcell Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gretchen Purcell, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Purcell graduated from Stanford University. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Purcell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gretchen Gretchen Purcell MD and PHD is a female Surgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gretchen G. Purcell practice?
- Dr. Gretchen Purcell has 1 office location.
Dr. Gretchen Purcell practices Surgery and Pediatric Surgery near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Surgeons and Nashville Pediatric Surgeons.