A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gretchen Purcell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gretchen Purcell, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Purcell graduated from Stanford University. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Purcell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Purcell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans