Dr. Gretchen Zimmerman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gretchen Zimmerman?

August 31st, 2015

Run The Other Way

I had a perianal abscess a few years ago that required urgent surgery. Dr. Zimmerman was simply the doctor at the hospital when I was rushed in, I didn't look her up first. The operation she performed was to simply open it up and leave the wound open post-surgery, which seems to be a very outdated procedure. It resulted in a fistula, which she then treated with a fistulotomy. It is a procedure with a high success rate, but commonly leads to irreversable side-effects - another seemingly outdated procedure which is still causing me trouble six years later. In my opinion, she is a hack and a butcher with a very narrow mind and no regard for her patients. I'm surprised her idea of anesthesia wasn't to simply make me bite down on a wooden spoon. She might as well have tried to treat me with leeches or blood-letting, just because they are treatments that were used for so long. In the two follow-up visits I was ever able to get with her, her office was dirty and dilapidated. It felt like she had just shooed the horses out of the place so there was room for patients. Since I had no choice before hand, I tried to educate myself after the initial surgery. Any time I had a question for her she was very hostile and arrogant. She refused to address any questions and made me think I was stupid for even trying to understand what was going on. When I tried to get into see her on a follow-up a month after the second surgery, because I was having issues, she flat-out refused to see me, she refused to provide a referral, she refused to do anything at all. I think once my insurance check cleared, she quit caring. I would avoid this doctor at all costs.

May 13th, 2013

Dr. Zimmerman did an amazing job on my appendix surgery! She was the best surgeon and was great with all my questions and my follow up care. I have never done a review on a dr. But she was so great and I felt in great hands that I had to post a review. Thanks dr. Zimmerman!

April 22nd, 2011