Dr. Guerman Ermolenko MD Patient Reviews

• Geriatric Medicine Albany, NY

3.0

February 9th, 2017
Great geriatric specialist
Thanks. Helped my mom, she has dementia, helped with management of her behaviors.

July 8th, 2016
Would NOT recommend
Doctor is very self-centered, intent on rushing thru appointment, difficult to understand and does not explain his theories, mixed up my medications. I would not recommend him.

May 19th, 2016
Thanks
Excellent attention , thanks, I got better

March 7th, 2016
Was not at all impressed by Dr. Ermolenko. Felt very rushed and he never looked at me, just at his computer while he typed notes. Was fairly sarcastic in any responses to my questions. Would not recommend him to anyone needing help with anxiety issues.

January 1st, 2016
That's what I felt like, a patient x, not a person. Very rude doctor. Would not recommend to anyone needing serious care!!

July 28th, 2015
From the onset I am impressed with the compassion Dr. E. is showing a family member, a new patient (geriatric) with a complex diagnosis. He spent a significant amount of time getting to know him-- also sorting out with us his medical history. Very smart, listened carefully to input from family members, and explained the interrelationships of one medication on another. Concerned not just about his cognitive decline but also his physical!

January 29th, 2015
Not recommended
Would not recommend him at all. Does not care about patients in my opinion. Treats patient like a number not a person. Due to a medication oversight on his part, I ended up in intensive care,

January 16th, 2015
Very into himself
Dr Ermolenko says he has over 2000 patients and perhaps that is one of the reasons I would NOT recommend him. I felt very rushed at our sessions, plus most of the time he was typing notes on the computer and just said "uh-huh" a lot. The most unprofessional thing that happened with myself is when he took me off of medication he had prescribed, cold-turkey, and I ended up in the hospital after having a seizure. His explaination was that I had moved to a different county and he could no longer treat me. Period! This is after I had seen him for over many years. I was not able to get another doctor in the county I resided in quickly, but he said that wasn't his problem. Other than this incident I just found him very brusk, often rude and not a caring professional. Perhaps he should lighten his patient load!

April 6th, 2014
Exellent doctor
Excellent physician. Took care for my mother. Very caring. Loves old people. Uses alternative treatments (light, food, aproach) before any meds. Would recommend to anyone.

February 19th, 2014
Terrible Doctor
Dr. Ermolenko is very rude and unprofessional. He likes using drugs for chemical restraint instead of trying to deal with the patients issues. He never lets you finish talking and is very contradictory.

September 2nd, 2010
Awful Doctor!
Dr. Ermolenko is not compassionate or interested in much more than his own opinion. He does not give his patients very much room to talk about their issues. He is very contradictory and although he claimed that my husband was probably exaggerating his claims for symptoms, he continued to prescribe him drugs that are of the strongest you can get for that diagnosis. So he either just likes to hear himself talk or is perhaps a favorite amongst his pharmaceutical reps. To me, if you think someone is lying about their symptoms, you shouldn't prescribe drugs that could potentially prove harmful or fatal.
Doctor's Response

Unfortunately I do not know what client it is. I manage around 2000 clients. I do leave my cell phone to our case/nurse managers and clients. No one in particular contacted me. One client around that time was requesting management of behaviors with unapproved treatments. I always use what consider by majority standard of care first. Client and family have been moving from one to another facility almost every month...