Dr. Guido Marra MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Maywood, IL

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2016
Exceptional care! There is a BIG difference between small town and big city care. I would highly recommend him! He fixed what other physicians couldn't.

June 18th, 2016
Rotator cuff repair
I highly recommend Dr. Marra. If you have shoulder issues, see an orthopedic shoulder specialist.....See Dr. Marra. My rotator cuff repair and recovery has gone well. I had confidence in Dr. Marra as a surgeon before the surgery and was happy with the results, follow visits and the staff. During recovery, you can email Cheryl, his nurse, with questions. This was really convenient for a few minor questions I had. The recovery was more involved than I expected but this was not a result of any problem with the procedure or Dr. Marra. The recovery just takes time and effort (PT) but it's been worth it. I no longer have pain during the day or while sleeping.

February 23rd, 2016
es ono de los mejores en su especialida muy dedicado as el major doctor been

February 16th, 2016
Nice
Dr. Marra was professional and listened to my issue. He was calm, with a caring demeanor, and took the time to answer my questions. A resident did come in first to do the initial valuation before I saw Dr. Marra, he was also professional. Even though I arrived a few minutes late, I was seen promptly. Parking and check-in was a breeze. I would recommend Dr, Marra to my friends and family members.

June 17th, 2015
rotator cuff repair
Dr Marra did a good job doing my rotator cuff repair

March 4th, 2015
Excellent orthopaedic doctor.
Dr. Guido Marra is an excellent doctor. Very compassionate and caring.

February 16th, 2015
Elbow Surgery
Dr. Marra did arthroscopic elbow surgery on me two different times. My right elbow when I was 50 years old and my left elbow just last week. I am now 60 years old. He removed loose bodies and bone spurs from both elbows. Recovery time is about 3 weeks. I play a lot of golf and without his surgical skills my golfing days would have been over. I went to 3 other orthopedic surgeons before Dr. Marra and all 3 doctors told me nothing could be done to fix my bad elbows.

December 15th, 2014
Excellent!
Phenomenal in every way.

July 27th, 2013
Dr. Guido Marra is an Absolutely Phenomenal Surgeon.
My right shoulder was severely damaged due to a tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure I had in February, 2013. I went to the ER and was told that my shoulder was NOT dislocated - but I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon regardless. I did not feel comfortable with the surgeon and was referred by a trusted family member to Dr. Guido Marra. She was due to have shoulder surgery with Dr. Marra the following week. I met Dr. Marra and his staff just several days after my family member's surgery. I was immediately made to feel "at ease" by Dr. Marra and his staff. Their level of professionalism and kindness is unrivaled. After some x-rays, a nerve test and some ct scans Dr. Marra explained to me that my shoulder WAS dislocated and the ball joint was damaged - and that I would very likely need a full shoulder replacement. I must admit I was quite frightened - however - Dr. Marra reassured me that he would help me. Dr. Marra operated on my shoulder three days ago. When I woke up in the recovery room, I was greeted by everyone and presented with fantastic news. He had managed to fix my shoulder and avoid a complete shoulder replacement! I have HONESTLY never been so pleased with a doctor. Dr. Marra made me feel safe, healed me and he and his wonderful staff continue to guide me through the recovery process. Dr. Guido Marra is the kindest, most gentle, ridiculously knowledgable and most honest doctor - ever. If you are seeking an orthopedic surgeon...you have have found the best one in Dr. Marra.

November 14th, 2012
Great Shoulder Doctor!!
Dr. Marra is (I believe) a fantastic surgeon. He has put my shoulders back together 5 times! I tore them on several different occasions. He warned me about the possibility of future tear's. He was right, even-though I tried to avoid future falls. I even attempted to fall differently but I still injured my shoulder. I "tweaked" my shoulder early this year yet I insisted on Dr. Marra. He knew me and his work. I wouldn't trade him for any other doctor. He's compassionate, sympathetic, and knows his stuff! I would recommend him to my own children, and close friends if they injured themselves.I consider him the BEST!

April 27th, 2012
No complaints.
Friendly, clear, good exam. He warned me very clearly about the recovery effort that I would need after MY rotator cuff surgery and he was so right! Now I am completely back to full range of motion and strength.

May 23rd, 2016