Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

1400 Northside Forsyth Dr
Ste 340
Cumming, GA 30041
770-771-5260
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  So glad I did not take the advice of "Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde" opinion!  |  show details
May 28th, 2014

I am so glad I did not let the opinion of one person override the referral of my gynecologist. I listened to her recommendations and she referred me to the best! Not only Dr. Cantuaria, but the entire practice, was amazing. I strongly recommend you see this physician and decide for yourself.

|  Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

I guess it's a coin flip with him. Your health is precious and I found him to pressure surgery and, quite frankly, be very rude. I got a copy of my medical records a few months after I saw him, and my instincts were confirmed. I was shocked and sick by the - the only word I can use is - lies.

|  Not sure why the bad reviews...  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

After reading the reviews online, I was a little uneasy about being sent to him for surgery. All I can say is, those people must have met with a different doctor. I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Cantuaria. He was very knowledgeable, and I appreciated that he gave me the facts as he saw them. In my pre-op appointment, he explained the procedure, told me what he expected, and made sure I understood the worst case scenario. He was very personable and made me feel completely at ease. My only complaint was that he did a lot of travelling and the schedulers were not always careful to check that he would be in town. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a straightforward doctor and an excellent surgeon.

|  WONDERFUL  |  show details
by Melissa Smathers on Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Cantuaria and his whole staff were extremely helpful and pleasant in every way !!! His concern for my health was top notch. He was also very supportive when we thought that cancer was a large possibility. Thank goodness all turned out well. I will miss everyone from his office.

|  Trust YOUR gut not the number of degrees  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

Dr. Cantuaria was very angry, defensive, and just plain wrong. I left his treatment feeling duped. A little research shows he started med school as a teenager - about 17 and finished at age 23. Brazil did not and may still not require a 4 year undergrad degree but I have no doubt they produce wonderful, caring physicians). After med school, Dr. Cantuaria did a 4 year residency at the U. of Miami followed by a 3 year oncology fellowship also at Miami. And, incredibly, during the SAME three years of completing a grueling fellowship in Miami - he also completed a Ph.D. from a university in Brazil. AMAZING literally at the same time! And if I understand his bio correctly, http://ugynonc.com/about/, he was also voted Most Outstanding Teacher in 1997 and 1999 ALSO during that time period - and before he was 30 years old. For comparison sake, another medical professional with the same degrees MD/PhD their road to achieving these noble achievements was strikingly more demanding. This MD/ PhD graduated high school, obtained a 4 year BS degree in 1978 (Dr. Cantuaria would have been 9 years old in 78); obtained Ph.D. in 1982 (4 year degree); Medical School in 1986 (4 year degree); completed his residency in 1990 (4 year requirement); and completed his fellowship in 1993, a 3 year requirement(a year earlier in 1992,Dr. Cantuaria graduated medical school at age 23). To obtain his prestigious medical degree and doctorate degree, this other professional had to complete 19 years of education/training compared to Cantuaria MD/Ph.D who completed about 13 years. Trust your gut and don't be fooled by degrees. If the doctor does not treat you well and you doubt his/her expertise, LEAVE. You are protecting the sanctity of your body and your soul. I learned this lesson the hard way.

|  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Overall very negative experience with this doctor - recommended surgery I did not need.