Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Would anyone like to take this on further? I'm all in if so! show details Would anyone like to take this on further? I'm all in if so!
Jul 30th, 2016

Was referred by another doctor who said this Dr was great. What planet were they living on!?! This has to be the most horrific Dr ( and i use that term very loosely), I've ever encountered, and I've seen more than my fair share of Dr's on all specialties. He was not only rude...He was belligerent, disrespectful, and demeaning. You could tell his nurse was unruffled by his behavior, even joining in at critical times to echo his verbal abuse. The Dr was the most uncaring and cold human being during the exam while i cried the whole time. As you can imagine it was more traumatizing from there on. Would anyone like to take this on further?

Great place but painfully slowwwwwwww show details Great place but painfully slowwwwwwww
Feb 9th, 2016

Everytime I have been in the office I have waited over an hour to even go back to a room. Then I wait over 15-20 mins in there. I like him and the staff but I just can't handle waiting that long. Especially after leaving work early, that I won't get paid for. Slowwwwwwwwww

Heathcare professional show details Heathcare professional
by Kimbery on Jan 11th, 2016

Dr. Canturia performed a vaginal hysterectomy due to long term abnormal bleeding. My husband met with him post op while I was in recovery and Dr. Canturia was reluctant to answer questions and acted anxious to end the discussion. Immediatly after surgery I experienced abnomally high pain levels. As it turned out Dr. Canturia had severed one of my ureters. He was puzzled by the issue and fumbled ordering tests for 24 hours. He gave no reason for the pain and continued ordering high doses of opiates. 24 hours later he left the country! It took another 48 hours for other doctors on staff to diagnose the problem. Eventually I had ti have reconstructive surgery to repair the damage Dr. Canturia caused. He never called to find out how I was. Cold, rude, maybe even incompetent!

Knowledgeable Doctor show details Knowledgeable Doctor
Jul 6th, 2015

Excellent doctor, staff not so great, but his courtesy and knowledge compensates it.

by Sheila Owen on Jul 2nd, 2015

Office staff, PA, and Dr. we're so kind and caring.

Excellent Doctor! show details Excellent Doctor!
by Carol Trexler Bayliss on Mar 31st, 2015

When I read some of the reviews of Dr .Cantuaria I was very concerned about him treating my mother. I am so glad we went with our research and her gynecologist's recommendation. He could not have been nicer and has a great sense of humor! He was very comforting and positive about her treatment- thanks to him we were smiling ear to ear when we left his office. I would not hesitate to recommend him!!

by rsnow on Mar 18th, 2015

Dr Cantuaria did not perform the surgery to remove the cancer, but he was and still remains, the dr that performs all my followup cancer care. He is extremely thorough and dedicated to my continued health.

Patient of Dr. Cantuaria show details Patient of Dr. Cantuaria
by A. McDaniel on Oct 21st, 2014

Dr. Guilherme Cantuaria was amazing, caring and very compassionate. He did an outstanding job on my surgery and was very knowledgeable. He made me feel comfortable, confident and had great beside manners. My life has changed in so many ways as a result of the surgery, his recommendations and expertise. Dr. Cantuaria is very passionate about his work and I'm very pleased with the scar. You can barely tell that I was cut. When I first saw Dr. Cantuaria for the first time after surgery, I gave him the biggest hug and thanked him for doing an incredible job and assuring me that I was in good hands. He was absolutely right and I'm extremely thankful that Dr. Cantuaria did my surgery. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends without hesitation and would use his services again.

So glad I did not take the advice of "Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde" opinion! show details So glad I did not take the advice of "Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde" opinion!
May 28th, 2014

I am so glad I did not let the opinion of one person override the referral of my gynecologist. I listened to her recommendations and she referred me to the best! Not only Dr. Cantuaria, but the entire practice, was amazing. I strongly recommend you see this physician and decide for yourself.

Not sure why the bad reviews... show details Not sure why the bad reviews...
Jul 24th, 2013

After reading the reviews online, I was a little uneasy about being sent to him for surgery. All I can say is, those people must have met with a different doctor. I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Cantuaria. He was very knowledgeable, and I appreciated that he gave me the facts as he saw them. In my pre-op appointment, he explained the procedure, told me what he expected, and made sure I understood the worst case scenario. He was very personable and made me feel completely at ease. My only complaint was that he did a lot of travelling and the schedulers were not always careful to check that he would be in town. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a straightforward doctor and an excellent surgeon.

WONDERFUL show details WONDERFUL
by Melissa Smathers on Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Cantuaria and his whole staff were extremely helpful and pleasant in every way !!! His concern for my health was top notch. He was also very supportive when we thought that cancer was a large possibility. Thank goodness all turned out well. I will miss everyone from his office.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde show details Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Nov 19th, 2012

To speak truthfully about my experience, the worst imaginable. One patient said he was proactive for the patient - I could NOT be happier for her. He was procactive for me too.... told me surgery was my only option and used pressure, omission of fact after fact, told absolute untruth about options for tx (said surgery was only option) and refused to treat my pain to remove a perfectly normal uterus and cervix. Oops. I had lower right groin pain NOT uterus pain. Duh. I guess he tells himself he's being proactive against gyn cancer. Proactive in promoting and enriching himself but dangerous and cruel to patients. Really rude and arrogant. I realize that sounds a bit dramatic but those aren't even my words. Not the best reputation in the city he left to go to Atlanta.

Arrogant, short tempered, why so many tests? show details Arrogant, short tempered, why so many tests?
by Anonymous on Sep 20th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I didnt understand what he was saying and when I asked questions he became angry. He ordered a lot of scans and ultrasounds done in his office. He g ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Sad that I called him Doctor show details Sad that I called him Doctor
by Anonymous on Oct 20th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Recommended hysterectomy for a one inch fibroid when I had chronic lower right groin pain. Even if I had uterine pain, which I never did, why would h ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Jun 7th, 2011

Overall very negative experience with this doctor - recommended surgery I did not need.