Dr. Guillermo Guardia Gonzales Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Guillermo Guardia Gonzales?

Posted on September 1st, 2015

Dr. Guardia and his team are AMAZING! I had extremely high levels of copper after battling cancer for nearly 3 years and he was recommended by another respected physician. My labs looked like Wilson's Disease yet my symptoms and age didn't correspond to the disease. Dr. Guardia asked another colleague to come in and see me while I was there to get another opinion because it is not a disease they see often. Both physicians concurred that it was not this and gave me a protocol to follow with frequent labs and follow up appointments. He does comprehensive lab work prior to my visits and is familiar my chart / lab results prior to starting dialog with me. Both he and another physician have even called me at home after hours to review my labs when there is something concerning. With great care, my levels have dropped considerable over the last 12 months. In another situation, his staff "fought" with my insurance provider in effort to get an approval for a bone density test. Although my insurance doesn't require prior approvals, Dr. Guardia knew the provider would deny this test due to my age. He wanted a benchmark because of some other concerns and strongly recommended the test. It took about a month, but his staff got an approval and scheduled by test for the following week. Dr. Guardia called me 2 days after my scan to review the findings and reviewed a schedule as to when I should get another one where they would work with my insurance provider again to insure I am not charged for the test. I would have given 5 stars in all categories; however, it is very difficult to reschedule an appointment; you navigate through the automated system and are then on hold for great lengths to get a live scheduler. I know they take hundreds of calls a day because the size of the group, but this wait time is unacceptable and constitutes hiring more schedulers. It is also very difficult to get a call back from a nurse; it always goes to voice mail and it takes up to 5 days to get a call back. Always wondering if they received the message, I call back after 2 days and leave another message. I understand phone nurses are overloaded with non-stop voice messages; however, the group needs to hire additional staff to accommodate calls. Again, those 2 concerns are not a reflection of Dr. Guardia's care but a reflection of the practice. **Highly recommend Dr. Guardia.**

Posted on January 2nd, 2015

seemed very concerned. just waiting for results.

needs medical licence revoked!

Posted on December 4th, 2013

Never follows up with the patient after lab work, visits or consultations. the wait to get necessary medical attention is rediculous. Not to mention the denial of refiling prescriptions for levothyroxine to patients who depend on the medication for daily function. Dont go to this doctor. this place screams medical malpractice!!!!!

Providing info/options for patients

Posted on April 20th, 2011

I would like this doctor to NOT just come in and look at my chart, ask if anything is new, different, feel my neck and then just order blood work/labs. I would like for him to listen to my concerns, give me tips on how and what to eat or some sort of health plan to help regulate/lose weight due to having hypothyroidism. I would like some guidance since he is the "expert" but sometimes I feel like I could come in and perform his job on my own and get my bloodwork done.

Posted on October 9th, 2017