Dr. Guillermo Pons MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2017
Find someone else
He is not thorough at all. Unless you know your medical history inside and out, do not go to him. He did nothing for me and I waited 6 months for an appointment. Go to Yale.

July 25th, 2017
Outstanding
Dr. Pons is awesome. He listens, explains diagnoses and treatment in understandable language, is warm and compassionate, gives his undivided attention and is very funny. He is an invaluable blessing.

January 31st, 2017
Not Up to Date on Medical Findings, Guidelines, etc. in Endo
This physician is frighteningly out of touch when it comes to current endo literature and standards. He was totally unfamiliar with current findings from peer-reviewed journals and current guidelines from the society that represents his profession. Buyer beware.

July 29th, 2016
Not perfect, but as good as it gets.
Asks questions, listens to answers and concerns, explains approach and reasoning. He partners with you.

February 21st, 2016
Excellent physician
Very intelligent and enormously capable with a keen analytical mind and a warm, thoughtful, friendly understanding personality. Very glad he is my physician.

November 29th, 2015
He's a great physician. Most negative reviews have to do with his "bedside mannerisms" which are totally unrelated to his medical expertise. I have a lot of personal friends who are physicians and also stink in the "bedside" department. Don't confuse mannerism and expertise, you'd be doing yourself a huge dis-service. This guy is a great physician.

June 10th, 2015
My first appointment was less than smooth but it's because he told me what I needed to hear! And I didn't like it. Now though my sugars are down and my thyroid is stable. Great dr!!!

October 22nd, 2014
A standout!
I saw Dr. Pons today and felt immediately at ease. I have been worried about my thyroid nodule and he was very reassuring, respectful, and patient with my anxiety about the situation. He spent plenty of time with me, as did the nurse. Best doctor I have seen in this practice. Satisfied with the next steps and that he will be calling me personally with test results.

October 16th, 2014
Condescending jerk
Had an appointment with him last week. I'm still in shock by the way he treated me. Rude and condescending are understatements. Not even sure yet of his abilities. But if you fail in something as simple as basic politeness - then I'm concerned...cannot possibly recommend him to anyone after that.

September 25th, 2014
There is something very wrong with this man. He is a horrible Dr and he tries to make you believe all your other Drs (in all fields) are wrong but he is the only one that is right, while not giving you a diagnosis at all. Please be careful with this individual, a mentally disburted person!!!

July 8th, 2014
Outstanding
Dr Pons has straightened out my A1C. He is a very knowledgeable, compassionate Doctor who actually follows up by calling me at home.

December 16th, 2013
Very Compassionate
Dr Pons treated me with honesty and empathy, which is something rare in the medical community from what I've seen. In my initial visit, he took at least 45 minutes with me to discuss my condition. He called me on the phone 5 days after my first visit to discuss further. When speaking with him, I could get the feeling that he really cared about my wellness. Overall, I feel he has a strong character, and is one of the more genuine doctors I've met.