Dr. Gulnar Poorsattar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

February 25th, 2015
Miss diagnosed me! NEVER returned numerous phone calls!!! Staff when calling the office will put u on HOLD HOPING you'll hang up!!!! If u want to feel worse than u already do then make an as appt

January 20th, 2015
Dr. Poorsattar is very patient and explains things very well. She is very willing to give the time to talk about test results. She is very thorough when it comes to the patients health care. I would recommend her very highly as a physician.

January 16th, 2015
very good
Dr. Poorsattar was very helpful and her diagnosis was correct. She took the time to answer all my questions. Yes I would recommend her. I will continue to be treated by her.

January 15th, 2015
The best endocrinologist
My experience was excellent the Doctors and the staff were very kind an help full. As compared to my previous Endocrinologist, here I got all my questions answered and got educated about my health condition. I strongly recommend her as an Internist and Endocrinologist.

January 9th, 2015
Best doctor I have ever known
I am so lucky to have found doctor poorsatter absolutely the best. Don't listen to hater trolls. This doctor has really helped me. Thank god for doctor gulnar poorsatter. Kind, knowledgeable, brilliant!!!

January 4th, 2015
Great educator and coach
I am so grateful to Dr Poorsattar. I am compelled to write this because my experience of 10 years with Dr Poorsattar has changed my life. I was lost, I was told that I had Brittle Diabetes. She told me in very first visit, that there is nothing called brittle diabetes. All diabetes will show these fluctuations in sugar, if we do not understand how our particular body behaves to particular food and situations. She taught me about insulins, how all these varieties of insulins could be matched with my needs and body reactions. We worked intensely as a team. Her educators were also very patient with me. Dr. Poorsattar would place continuous glucose sensors and download on computer. She would review that with me and advise me. We would make adjustments and see the results. Gradually I learned so much to adjust my own glucose levels that I was amazed. All that YO YO syndrome disappeared. I had no serious low blood sugar reactions. I am now able to predict my day. I am able to do long distance travels. She made me a free person. I can take chances with no worries. I feel independent. She was a tough coach, and now a kind doctor. She is very confident and knowledgeable. I would strongly recommend her.

February 24th, 2014
patient
Very intelligent and compassionate doctor. The office staff is very helpful They worked me in and accomdated my schedule

June 3rd, 2013
Would not recommend. She is kind and seems to be knowledgeable in her practice, but wait times have been up to almost 2 hours after appointment time-the shortest time of four visits was 30 minutes-all that waiting and she sees you for only for three to five minutes (not kidding--not exaggerating), is not sure who you are--confuses you with other patients-with other medical issues. Nothing ever was resolved--Nothing was ever followed up, it felt so pointless going there. Staff was super kind and friendly but waited for 4 months to bill my insurance and then billed it wrong.

September 5th, 2012
Worst office experience
Although Dr Poorsattar was correct in her diagnosis, her unprofessionalism (shouting from the patient room out to the front desk staff) and incompetant office staff (too many mistakes to mention), I refuse to return to her office for any reason.

April 3rd, 2012
greedy, moody

September 29th, 2011
Excellent doctor
I have seen Dr Poorsattar for over 5 years for Type II diabetes. Her practice is very busy, but she is thoroughly professional and accommodating. As part of her practice, she employs a nutritionist to help her diabetics cope and understand the restrictions of their disease.I had previously seen a GP for my diabetes and I would recommend her as the endocrinologist of first choice in Ventura County.

September 19th, 2011
MY EXPERIENCE
MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THE DR WAS OKTHE FRONT OFFICE GIRL WAS VERY KIND & PATIENT HAD A SMILE, EVEN THOUGH HER DAY SEEMED VERY HECTIC & SHORT ON STAFF. WHEN IT CAME TO THE DR. SHE CAME IN GREETED ME AND WALKED OUT WHEN HER PHONE RINGED CAME BACK IN ON HER CELL PHONE, ONCE SHE STARTED MY VISIT IT WAS GREAT SHE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND MADE ME FEEL GREAT I WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK.