Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Downtown Atlanta
Emory University Hospital
550 Peachtree St NE
Ste 1060
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-581-0307
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

My experience here was so terrible that I looked on line to try to find out how to report this office and Dr. Kassam. Dr. Kassam was an hour and a half late for an appointment I'd made the same day for extreme pain. She doesn't believe in pain medicine because she says everyone gets addicted. Okay, I don't want that but I do need to manage the pain and she essentially told me that American women were weak and whined about everything. I have very large uterine fibroids and I was looking into surgery so its serious pain.The office lost my chart, tried to tell me that I took it home with me (why would I do that?) and then when they found it a few hours later never apologized.I would NEVER go back. Stay away if you can, keep looking for someone who is more compassionate and an office where the phones don't ring off the hooks while the staff stands around chatting.

|  She is PERFECT  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

She (and only SHE) see's me. She saved my life when I had a tubular pregancy explode, delivered my children and did my hystorectomy. She is VERY thorough and recommends only the best doctors if it's not gyno related. I have been seeing her for 22 years and WILL NEVER see anyone else! I have never been there when she wasn't there so can not comment on her other doctors on staff..but I'm sure they are just as caring as she is or she wouldn't have them there. She is the BEST and that's not just a comment that's a fact!

|  Most caring Doctor ever  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

Dr.Kassam has been my doctor for over 25 years. She is very caring, takes time to listen and responds to all concerns - even non-gyno ones, and she refers me to dr's who help me. She even follows up on these referrals to see how things went. She also gives back to the community by offering free paps at health fairs. She has done this many times a year over the past 25 years I have been to her. If you are looking for a Dr. that truly cares about you, not their wallet, see Dr. Kassam!

|  glad to have her for my prenatals  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

very concern

|  This doctor is terrible!!!!  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2010

Dr. Kassam will rarely every see you. Her partner Dr. Crenshaw is a joke!!! She was unable to answer any of my questions and overlooked so many things. Her office staff would reschedule appointments 3-4 times. One time they called to cancel 30 minutes before my appt.!!

|  ?  |  show details
by madlady on May 5th, 2009

i never really see her at her own practice she replaced the old doctors with new ones who doesn't know anything dr crenshaw wow is a waste sorry but i would like to see her but it seems like i won't.

|  23 years later  |  show details
by membyjan on Jun 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

23 years and 4 deliveries (2 high risk) later, I will never change GYN doctors because of my admiration for Dr. Kassam. My husband got her name from co-workers during my first pregnancy 23 years ago, and have been to her for all 4 deliveries and other gyn problems. Even though my "baby making days" are over, I still will wait in the waiting room with all the pregnant mothers to see what I consider a great humanitatian and physician who uphold what is good and right with healthcare. She has always been there for me, even when she was off-duty, giving me her home number if I needed her during a difficule time. She even made a special Saturday visit during a medical crisis.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  WORST DOCTOR ON EARTH. NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
by madhavipp on Jan 30th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I would like to say that this is an overly populated office with too many patients. I was seeing her and had a pretty rough pregnancy. I did'nt see her most of the time and when they decided to induce me at 34 weeks, she decided not to be there. Because of her not being there,and having a random doctor- Dr James at Dekalb medical- I had an emergency c-section, blood transfusion, episiotomy, and blood clot in my spine from the epidural. Dr. Kassam was not there during this time even when I asked her to be, since I was high risk. Bc of the delivery of Dr. Cherisse James (use of suction cup) my baby had an injury and swelling on her head and got a infection and was in NICU for a week. I was not even offered a sorry or any consolation.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com