Dr. Guoli Johnston MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Kirkland, WA

3.3

December 2nd, 2015
My wife and I had a horrible experince with our visit with Dr. Guoli Johnston. Before our appointment day, we filled the health questionnaire online. However, when we arrived at our appointment on-time, we spent the first 20 minutes waiting and answering the same questions on the questionnaire with the nurse (who was nice and patient). Then Dr. Johnston rushed in with 10 minutes left in the appointment, her first words were "I don't have much time", and she started asking the same questions about my wife's health and conditions. Asking the same questions are ok with us, we like that she's confirming; however, her saying that "I don't have much time" makes us feel like she's not detailed and not thorough with the examination, and just wants to quickly finish the exam. She speaks very fast and not clearly at all, and almost everytime we pause to think for a bit (as we're trying to understand her), she starts uttering "quick, we don't have much time". When she started doing hands-on exam, she was rough and keeps on pushing my wife for response as well. My wife was already not feeling well going in to the appointment, and the doctor's carelessness did not help at all. The doctor kept on telling my wife to relax, but how can anyone relax when the doctor is rushing and pushing? After the exam, she said she'll give my wife 5 minutes to get re-dressed, and she rushed back 2 minutes later and just barge in without asking my wife if she's ready. She started explaining what kind of condition my wife could have and used a medical term that we didn't understand. When we asked her to explain what that term meant, she said "we don't have much time, you can look it up on the Internet yourself". Why do we need to go see a doctor if we can look it up on the Internet? Isn't that what the doctor is for, is to give us correct information instead of us looking at some random websites online? Also, when we asked her the question about the medical term, she responded with "do you understand what I'm saying?" in a rude tone, as if we're stupid or something. At this point we were fed up with her, so we just got up and left without needing to hear anything else from her. Needless to say we won't be returning to Dr. Johnston.

October 16th, 2010
1.attitude is bad.2.Not respect to patient's opinion.3.unable to answer medical questions.4.Too busy, too rush, making patient nervous.5.Giving opinion without detailed. explanation and force patients to accept that.6.Never care about patient's feeling.7.Not trust patient's ability.