Dr. Gus Katsigiorgis DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

no change

August 23rd, 2016
Thought Dr being top Dr I would have the best results...
Wrong. First surgery failed and had to go for another. Wasn't looking forward for another surgery but Doc talked about a device implanted that he was sure would take away all the pain. So I went with it. After surgery still had same pain then month and a half later felt a horrible pain as if device sutures tore through tendon. Not sure if diagnosis was complete. Am not happy about this and need to find out if device tension was too tight. The above reviews are true in both the Deer Pk and Patchogue offices and docs bedside manners, well I haven't seen them. Doc has a very expensive car to afford and a good reason for the meat market atmosphere! The hospital he is affiliated with gets an A+ from care to follow up but no stars for him or staff in last three rows. Sorry Doc but it is the truth. Maybe you will get better reading this or stay the same for selfish reasons.

June 7th, 2016
cookie cutter doctor seeing as many patients as possible in as short a time as possible. does not take time to explain the diagnosis. Should take more time to talk with the patient.

May 10th, 2016
I'm still waiting to be seen. Appointment 10 am
Your deer park office suck . Patients are here mostly for injuries but sit in the waiting room for over an hour before they are seen or acknowledged

May 5th, 2016
Horrible, 45 people in waiting room. Horrible bedside manner.

April 14th, 2016
LOUSY
Patchogue location OVERLY booked. Patients have to stand. Over 25 patients sitting and about 8 standing. Made to wait before given forms. CLEARLY herded patients for $$$

April 13th, 2016
Dr. is arrogant, sarcastic, does not explain things to you, always in a hurry. The staff is rude as well. You never get to see the doctor at your appt. sometimes you wait for hours; phones are always busy and they make you wait a long time on line. They never get back to you with any follow ups or explanations. STAY AWAY

March 4th, 2016
Longest wait time in history.
First and last visit. With the first appt. of the day, I arrived at the office. There were 72 people waiting. Actually 72 people. I arrived 15 minutes early to do paperwork. I was called after 45 minutes, and finally given paperwork, 2 hours later I was still waiting. When the dr finally appeared there was no "sorry for the wait." Dr. stated that it was acceptable because "I'm a Dr." Front desk states it is always like that. Place is a mill. Asks for $ upfront. I Left after 2.5 hours waiting. Observed many unscheduled "appointments" with fast visits, cash payments. Have seen this before. AVOID

December 28th, 2015
Waiting to see him is extremely long. Unorganized office

November 15th, 2015
RUN! DONT WALK
the staff is rude and very unorganized. The staff alone would make someone not to return to that office. I have been there with my son for 2 different sports injuries related to the same knee. I have been to the office a total of 4 times and the place is like a complete zoo. Patients complaining and screaming in the waiting room and apparently if you create enough of a scene they let you go in front of everyone else in the waiting area and that creates an even bigger problem. I have waited 2 hours each time to see the doctor. Actually i only met him once all the other times he sent in 2 young men to handle everything else. i waited 2 hours to see the "doctor" and get fitted for a brace only to find out they went home an hour ago. I will not be returning to that office (valley stream) ever again .

May 1st, 2015
Great Doc!
Dr. Katsigiorgis fixed my knee! He was patient and kind and listened to everything I had to say. I never felt rushed and he gave clear answers to any questions that I had. Best of all, my knee feels better than ever! Great doc and couldn't recommend him enough!! Thanks!

March 19th, 2015
I saw Dr Katsigioris at Island Musculoskeletal in Valley Stream. I was seen promptly. The staff was kind and helpful and answered any questions that I had. Dr Katsigioris was kind and thorough. He took the time to listen to my concerns. I think that he is an excellent doctor I highly recommend Dr. Katsigioris!

January 21st, 2015
Unlike most of these reviews I had a very positive experience at the Valley Stream office. I did have to wait, but then again it is an orthopedic practice and I have waited that long at other ortho doctors. I went to see Dr. Katsigiorgis after a very bad fall. I was in severe pain. Dr. Katsigiorgis send me for an mri immediately - called me with the results when it showed I had a tear and operated on my knee within 2 weeks. I found him to be very professional and caring. His PA's are very knowledgable and are very caring. I am very grateful to al lof them.