Surgeons
8042 Wurzbach Rd
Ste 350
San Antonio, TX 78229
210-615-8600
Locations and availability (1)

|  show details
Aug 9th, 2013

Dr Fogel is a dying breed. He is warm, friendly, courteous and polite. He takes his time with you and answers all your questions thoroughly. He did a lumbar fusion on me and I have had no problems whatsoever. I would highly recommend you see him if you are in need of a great spine surgeon. The office wait time is usually long but that's only because he spends time with his patients answering their questions and addressing their needs. It's a small price to pay because when you do get in the room with him you will have his complete attention.

|  Excellent Surgeon!  |  show details
by Jill White on Feb 19th, 2013

Dr. Fogel performed an X-Lif, L4-5 Lumbar Spine Fusion & Laminectomy on me in June 2011. Let me just state for the record, he is an awesome Surgeon & did a superb job on my back. He gave me my life back & I am so very blessed & grateful that I found him to do my surgery. He possesses excellent bedside manner skills & listens to his patients. He is very caring & honest. He will tell you exactly what to expect after your surgery. To this day, I have had NO problems/issues with the surgery he performed. Dr. Fogel will be diing more surgery on me (neck & more back surgery, but not related to what he operated on back in 2011). His office assistant (James) & secretary (Jennifer) are absolutely wonderful!! They also truly care about each patient & go above & beyond to help in your care, as well. I highly recommend Dr. Fogel! He has moved his office though to a private practice setting & his new office number is (210) 615-8600. His website is: www.spinepainbegone.com

|  Great Doctor, Excellent Surgeon, Suberb Bedside Manner  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Dr. Fogle's office staff are caring and efficient, never waited the Doctor was there in the room with me at the appointment time. Dr. Fogle took time to explain every aspect of my condition and the procedure to correct it.My surgery went without a hitch and suddenly I have a new life without pain and everything works again!Dr. Fogle fused C4, C5 and C6 and removed the disk material which was pushing on my spine. I would do it again in an instant.

|  STAY AWAY  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2012

Dr. Fogel did his "minimally invasive" surgery on me a couple years ago. I woke up from surgery screaming. Literally. The pain was beyond anything I'd ever felt before, and I had been in extreme pain prior to the surgery. After 5 months begging Dr. Fogel to figure out why I couldn't walk without help, he told me I was just having a hard time recovering and there was nothing more he could do for me. So I went to a pain management doctor, and he thought something was wrong. I finally saw another surgeon. He found that, at the time of surgery, Dr. Fogel BROKE a bone in my back, put a screw in at an incorrect angle which was dangerously close to piercing my spinal column, and I had extensive scar tissue because he LEFT the broken bone and the jagged edge from where it broke off. And my new surgeon saw ALL of this from a CT scan done 2 weeks after my surgery. Dr. Fogel had the exact same info for months and let me cry in his office every few weeks about the extensive pain and told me that I was just having a tough recovery. I had extensive repair surgery and still suffer because Dr. Fogel left foreign material in my body and it can not be removed because it is in a critical place that could leave me with even further damage if moved. I will be in pain for the rest of my life because of Fogel's inept and stupidity. STAY AWAY...if you value your quality of life, your HEALTH in general...STAY AWAY. What's sad...he's done this to many, many people. His assistant called me and confided in me that he is having a 50% fail rate in his surgeries. Probably why he no longer works at the Orthopedic & Spine Institute. His own staff started to turn on him because they were tired of seeing so many patients be zoned out by extensive pain meds and lose everything dear to them. STAY AWAY!!

|  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

I have more than admiration for Dr Fogel who has given me the ability to walk and perform daily activities which I was not able to do for over a year and a half after a neurosurgeon (G V) performed two surgeries of my lower back and fractured the facet which went undiagnosed causing severe pain. Dr Fogel gave me back my life.

|  incompele surgery  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2010

causing complication, conflict of interest,mis diognosis ,order treatment, and you never recived it.

|  great doctor and person...  |  show details
by tricia on Oct 12th, 2009

when i see dr. fogel, he is very professional, yet very caring about my situation. he treats everyone with respect and as if you are a patient and person, not just a number. he will answer all of your questions and does a great job of explaining in laymen terms so i can understand. (the front desk ladies need a little brushing up on their customer service skills, though, but they are ok)