Family Practitioner, Psychiatrists

UT Health
1941 East Rd
Houston, TX 77054
713-486-2700
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  This doctor should have his license revoked immediately!  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2013

Worst. doctor. ever. This man was shockingly combative -- extremely condescending. At one point I offered up information that he was not even asking for and he actually said to me, "oh, so now your story is changing," as if I had somehow withheld the information from him before. He stares at his computer screen for nearly the entire session -- while he is talking AND while YOU are talking. The only times he looked up at me were when I was shocked and speechless by how terrible his bedside manner was and couldn't find words to answer him. My follow-up visit was less than a month after the first visit, yet he would not stop repeatedly asking me for the same information he had already been given, including, "have you ever been treated for depression?" Umm, shouldn't that be in the FILE anyway? He would not stop referring to a medication prescribed by a previous doctor -- which I had taken only a few times in my life -- as though I had taken it on regular basis (despite my repeated attempts to correct his mistake). During my first session with this doctor, there was an observer sitting in on the session. I found Dr. Patterson's behavior to be idiosyncratic and annoying, but not terrible. During the second session, when nobody else was there, his behavior was so completely out-of-line, I had to walk out on the session early and get my money back at the front. Nobody -- including the doctor -- seemed surprised by this. Does this happen that often with him? It is absurd that anyone should be made to feel more hopeless about life AFTER a session with a psychiatrist than they felt going in. DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THIS MADNESS -- no matter how broke you are. Find someone else. Find another way. There is hope, but you won't find it here.

|  show details