Dr. Guy Patterson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 22nd, 2014
Extremely Dismissive
Dr. Patterson has been extremely dismissive of my concerns in a way that had I not had an excellent therapist at the time probably would have cost me my life. He would argue with me when I told him I was doing worse and insist that because his notes said I was doing better that I must be doing better despite trying to tell him repeatedly that this was not the case. Psychiatry isn't a good field for people who are this dismissive of their patient's concerns. Save yourself the headaches and find someone else who will actually work WITH you to find a solution that works for you. Dr. Patterson is definitely not that person...

August 30th, 2013
This doctor should have his license revoked immediately!
Worst. doctor. ever. This man was shockingly combative -- extremely condescending. At one point I offered up information that he was not even asking for and he actually said to me, "oh, so now your story is changing," as if I had somehow withheld the information from him before. He stares at his computer screen for nearly the entire session -- while he is talking AND while YOU are talking. The only times he looked up at me were when I was shocked and speechless by how terrible his bedside manner was and couldn't find words to answer him. My follow-up visit was less than a month after the first visit, yet he would not stop repeatedly asking me for the same information he had already been given, including, "have you ever been treated for depression?" Umm, shouldn't that be in the FILE anyway? He would not stop referring to a medication prescribed by a previous doctor -- which I had taken only a few times in my life -- as though I had taken it on regular basis (despite my repeated attempts to correct his mistake). During my first session with this doctor, there was an observer sitting in on the session. I found Dr. Patterson's behavior to be idiosyncratic and annoying, but not terrible. During the second session, when nobody else was there, his behavior was so completely out-of-line, I had to walk out on the session early and get my money back at the front. Nobody -- including the doctor -- seemed surprised by this. Does this happen that often with him? It is absurd that anyone should be made to feel more hopeless about life AFTER a session with a psychiatrist than they felt going in. DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THIS MADNESS -- no matter how broke you are. Find someone else. Find another way. There is hope, but you won't find it here.

November 4th, 2012