Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Bad Doctor  |  show details
by Lola on May 9th, 2013

He was very cocky. Since I didn't have insurance and paid him cash. He was very rude and made me feel like I was wasting his time.He couldn't give me a straight answer of what was going on with my body. He made me cry and he made me feel stupid. His bedside manner is horrible.Please don't go to this Doctor..There are many bad stories about this Doctor..

|  Looking for a new doctor  |  show details
by Daria A. on Aug 22nd, 2012

He was not a pleasant person/doctor to deal with. I am actually thankful for accurate diagnosis. Delivery was easy and fast, but he was talking to some nurse about his golfing experience while delivering my baby like I wasn't even there. Was pretty arrogant to my husband after he learned that he was a banquet server. No follow up next day, I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights-3 days and never had seen him there... Pregnant with a second child and searching for a new doctor.

|  Do NOTsee ANY Dr. in this office if you value your health  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Dr. Torres is more interested in going on vacation than tending to your needs. He lies because he does not want to get sued. He performed extensive surgery on me (hysterectomy etc.) and I am fortunate to be alive. I would not bring my dog to see him or his associates. Please find another Dr. I am sure that there are many to choose from that will not put you in harms way and lie about it. Please, as women, we have to listen to others that have gone before us.....

|  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Very thorough I would highly recommend him to a friend as well as family member.

|  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

I will just say that Dr. Torres just preformed my hysterectomy a couple of weeks ago. I am very pleased! He was very staraight forward with me on what I was going to experience, and what may have to be done during surgery. Not only did he do a great job, but he was able to clean up all my old scar tissue from previous c-sections. I have nothing but good to say about Dr. Torres. And for those who say bad things about his "bedside manners" you just might now how to talk to s doctor. Very good surgeon!!

|  TERRIBLE DR STAY AWAY!!  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

Terrible Doctor, he immediately came into the delivery and cut for an episiotomy because he was in a hurry to leave. He ended up cutting a chunk of the baby's hair in the process. Then two weeks later I called the office about sudden heavy bleeding that I started having(bleeding out a heavy overnite pad in 20 mins) and passing golf ball size clots I began having. After two hours and no one calling back, even after multiple calls I went to the hospital. Almost had to have a blood transfusion because I lost so much blood, only to have DR Torres leave me a message while I'm sitting in the hospital that I was having "normal" bleeding, what a quack!!!

|  Never any options.. c-section ONLY!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

As soon as I met Dr Torres I knew I was going to have a c-section... I wanted to go as natural as possible, but was never given the chance. After some health concerns, I ended up having a c-section. Afterward I found out that I could have been induced and didn't need the c-section. I changed Drs with my second child and I'm now unable to find a Dr in the valley that will do a VBAC, even though my pregnancy is going along great! I refuse to see Dr Torres after that.

|  Best OBGYN in town  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

He is an amazing doctor!!!

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
by SavvyCustomer on Sep 21st, 2009 on kudzu.com

Based on internet reviews, we selected Dr. Torres as my doctor when we moved to Las Vegas at 5-months pregnant. At one pregnancy appointment my husband was not able to attend, Dr. Torres spent approximately 10 minutes confiding about his failing marriage and impending divorce, then proceeded with the exam. I felt it was completely inappropriate for him to spend time on that type of personal conversation, especially when my husband was not present. After that experience, my husband attended all appointments, and we will be finding a different obstetrician for our second baby. At the delivery, the nurses had me stop pushing while we waited about 20-30 minutes for Dr. Torres to arrive at the hospital. He was very abrupt while wrapping up the delivery and I never saw him again (a nurse handles his six-week followups).

|  Great Surgeon for a C-Section  |  show details
by ktorjman on Feb 16th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I starting going to Dr Torres after some early complications with my first pregnancy. Dr Torres was always very busy and running late but was friendly and answered all my questions. The wait for my appointments was always at least 30 minutes and usually closer to 45. In the beginning I would get upset they had me waiting so long but after a bit I started to enjoy the time and always brought a book. When else can you sit around with nothing you need to do and just relax? I ended up having the baby via emergency C-section. He is an amazing surgeon. My scar is barely there, the line is straight and I had no complications. It was a very scary few hours for me and he was as calm and professional as he was in the office. At that point in time I realized his calm behavior in the office was exactly what you want in an emergency. He may come off as cold but he really is a nice guy and like I said a GREAT surgeon. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else for any future pregnancies or anything else. I would recommend him to anyone knowing they need a C-section or anyone who isn't looking for a touchy-feely emotional doctor but rather someone who is based in calm presence and skills. His staff for the most part is really nice, the front desk was always busy but nice. There was one nurse that wasn't exactly friendly in the beginning but after a few months I got her to at least smile when I sat down with her.

|  Dr. Torres was a Godsend for me  |  show details
by kuklaki1 on Feb 7th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I know the previous rvw's for Dr. Torres aren't great, but I had a wonderful experience with him. I was sent to him after my 1st Dr stoppted taking my Ins. I knew I needed surgery and wanted to get things going. Dr Torres gave me hope that he would be able to perform the surgery Laproscopically- I was previously told this could not be done. Dr Torres performed the surgery laproscopically and I was able to go home the same day. I never felt rushed with Dr Torres and I always felt I was in very good hands. He may come off a bit cocky or even full of himself- but in my experience, that means he knows what he is doing. My former Dr was not willing to even TRY the lesser procedure, but Dr. Torres was and from his experience he was right. I would reccommend him to anyone who needed an OBGYN refrence.

|  Terrible experience!  |  show details
by VegasLeo on Jun 14th, 2008 on kudzu.com

The nursing staff is okay, but Dr Torres is not a very good doctor. He is rude and always rushed and seems annoyed whenever I asked any questions about my pregnancy. He gave me incorrect information about test results and prescriptions and for some things I never found out about them until I got a copy of my medical records! On more than one occasion he has taken personal cell phone calls while in the room with me! They do not return phone calls and take days and days to try and get answers from them when you do talk to somebody. Hold times are crazy long. They also always turn the answering service on before the posted closing time, so it can be even more difficult to talk to a human being!!

|  NIGHTMARE  |  show details
by SoonToBeWilliams on Aug 31st, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr Torres was my DR for 5 years and I must say that it was the worst experience I had ever been through. He never gave me the correct information regarding my health. He was always trying to rush me out the door. Giving me wrong information caused other health problems. Way too busy, have to schedule appointments like 6 months in advance, just to be rushed out as soon as you get there.