Dr. Gwendolyn Knuckles MD,, FACOG Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 7th, 2016
Comfort away from home
I have always been satisfied with the services of Dr. Knuckles. I had been going to the same ob/gyn for years. The same doctor delivered all of my 3 kids and their ages rage from 12-24, so when he moved his practice i didn't know where to go. I found comfort with Dr. Knuckles and her staff, that means a lot.

April 16th, 2015
Great Doctor!
I have been going to Dr. Gwen Knuckles for about 20 years. Although the wait time is always lengthy, she's worth it. I used to think her staff was stand-offish when I first started going there, but learned that they were either shy or just being professional....they aren't there to be your friends, they are there to do a job. They treat me with respect and make me feel comfortable talking about female issues. Dr. Knuckles has performed a few surgeries on me and I would say she has a marvelous bedside manner. I am offended by the person who commented that Dr. Knuckles "took the easy way out" to lose weight since I have had gastric bypass surgery myself and there's nothing easy about it. I'm guessing that that patient is skinny or at least has never had a problem with her weight. I am very proud of Dr. Knuckles' weight loss and her obvious lifestyle changes to keep her weight off. She takes her time with each patient and listens to your concerns and answers your questions with a quirky fluttering eyelid thing that to me, almost seems like she's checking her "database" for the most useful and appropriate answers. Her thoroughness with each and every patient is the probable cause of the wait time for each appointment. Just adjust your way of thinking and bring a book to read while you wait, expecting to have to wait for a couple of hours so you may be pleasantly surprised when you don't have to wait quite as long the next time. And try being friendly to the staff first....you'd be surprised how contagious a smile is, especially when you also use that person's name with a "hello".

March 31st, 2015
Don't go here!
I waited 90 minutes before I was seen and was walking out when the staff was leaving. My appt. was at 3pm and it was around 4:30pm or so until I was finally seen. Every visit is like this and I've finally had it and am looking for a new place. I was a patient of Mattie's, but she passed away and I ended up getting stuck with her. Her bedside manner is horrible. She's not friendly, doesn't look you in the eyes when she talks, and wants to talk about weight when she had surgery to lose hers! I don't think you can talk about someones weight when she took the easy way out herself.

June 11th, 2014
Don't Go Here!!!
All the comments concerning Dr. Knuckles staff are true. They are very rude up in the reception area. The Nurse Asst. Vickie is thoughtful and great! One person said a Dr. is only as good as her staff and this is true!!!! I recently had a problem with Dr. Knuckles that bc I didn't agree with a procedure she was recommending she turned very arrogant and treated me as if I knew nothing even though I had already researched the procedure. She became short and condescending when speaking to me after I disagreed with her. Wait times are also long and they do not check their answering machines. Her staff gets their rudeness genuinely...from their leader!!!

September 18th, 2013
Great Dr. Horrible office staff!!!
If this was based solely on the Dr. performance and abilities Dr. Knuckles would have a 4 star rating. Unfortunately, I feel a Dr. is only as good as the staff they place around them. The office staff was rude, disrespectful, unwelcoming, and give a "better than thou" treatment to the younger patience. I was treated as an imbecile and a poor peasant because my insurance had changed and the secretary couldn't find me in the computer. The reception literally to me " You HAVE to pay 70 upfront or we Will NOT see you!!" (and yes the capitals are the words she emphasized) I was then told they couldn't schedule any further appointments without insurance!!!!!!! After spending 5 days getting my insurance company to call them it was finally cleared up. Even then, after all the insurance mistakes were brought to light, I was treated like a peasant and told we need up front payment for my surgery in a condescending tone that implied I couldn't pay my bill. It is a good thing the doctor is the only recommended doctor in my area for this procedure or I WOULD NEVER go to that office.

April 17th, 2012
Fabulous Doctor
Once upon a time in my life; I had gone through several OBGYN doctors and none of those particular doctor found what my problem was. All of those were male gynecologists. However; all they could manage to tell me was that I was significantly overweight.Thanks to the grace of God Almighty a friend introduced me to Dr. Knuckles and she was very concerned about my issues and resolved them in a timely manner. She is a fabulous doctor and I always recommend her to my female collegues. Thank God for you Dr.Gwendolyn Knuckles..may God forever bless you and your talents for helping so many women.

February 1st, 2012
Fantastic
Dr. Knuckles is an awesome doctor, she takes time to explain your situation and the options that are available for you. She also did my surgery, and I never had any complications, at all.

January 28th, 2012
awful followup
My visit went fine. Waiting time was about average. Trying to get any kind of followup is awful. I was sent for a lot of weird labs (which I DID get billed for) but trying to get the office staff to follow up was like pulling teeth. I've made several phone calls and no one can give me an answer as to a) if I need a follow up visit or b) that my lab results were even received. Each time I get told "we will investigate and call you back". Three months later and I'm still waiting. It's a shame I'll have to find a new ob/gyn because I really liked her.

March 22nd, 2011
don't go here
I have visited office twice, first visit i had to wait two hours to be seen for a total of 9 minutes. I gave them a second try. The second visit after 2 hours and 20 minutes of waiting i left. This waist of time cost me a half a day's work. I tried to contact the doctor three times by phone and email with no response. Office staff was no help and Dr. apprently doesn't care based on on the lack of response

May 13th, 2009
Great physician and she cares about her patients. I have been a patient of hers for many years.

May 10th, 2017