Plastic Surgeons

Hacienda Del Sol Office Cpomplex
2490 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
520-751-1225
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
by mary cassidy on Sep 16th, 2014

They all make you feel like family. They are a dream team. I always am happy to be there. They are professional, warm, and conciencious. Thank you , mary

Sep 5th, 2014

I had 2 other consults in town before I chose Dr.Maxwell. The experience at her office is by far the best. From the moment you walk through the door you feel at ease. The front desk staff is very polite. Every time I go back they remember my name. Dr. Maxwell was so kind and understand about my concerns. She answered all my questions and spend extra time going over before and after photos. I can't wait for my upcoming surgery!

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Ruby Maxwell on May 4th, 2014

A $1000 deposit is required to make a tentative surgery appointment. I made the deposit, but after thinking about there requirement to be paid in full ($11,000.00) two weeks in advance of the surgery with NO refund possible and NO opportunity to change the date to a later date, I decided I didn't want to take that chance. My husband is 83 yrs old, my mother-in -law 103 and neither in good health. Many things could occur that would require a change of date (death, accident in family etc.) I decided that was to big a gamble. I spoke to at least three people at the office explaining my decision. The did not refund the $1000 deposit for the "tentative date".

Mar 31st, 2014

I am still undergoing reconstructive/corrective surgery to correct the breast reduction and lift I had Dr Maxwell perform several years ago. When the mammogram technician looks horrified and asks 'who did this to you?' , you know it's not normal to look so bad. In addition, I was prescribed an antibiotic on a long term basis because of infections that should not have been given to me due to another medication I take. I am not prone to infections and have to wonder just how sterile the OR was. Follow up and bedside manner from her was condescending and cold. Frankly, I would be terrified to have her anywhere close to me again.

|  Abdominoplasty  |  show details
by Christa on May 18th, 2013

My good friend just had a Abdominplasty done for some of the same reasons I need one and Need to know if any one has had this done by Dr. Maxwell and if so how was the experience ?My rating is what I need from a doctor. I don't want to drive to Mo. for surgery if I can find the same caring doctor here

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
by Ashley A. on Mar 29th, 2013

This was my first experience with plastic surgery so I was definitely nervous. Dr. Maxwell answered all of my questions and put me at ease. Her staff is amazing, the facility is beautiful, I could not have asked for a better experience.

Sep 15th, 2012

All the staff were friendly and professional; from the patient advocate, nurses assistants and doctors. They listened and paid attention to my concerns. Dr Maxwell may not be the most punctual person but she never rushed out the door on me either. I highly recommend them.

|  Full Facial Laser Surgery  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

This is my second major procedure with Dr. Gwen Maxwell and I have nothing but praise for Dr. Maxwell and her medical staff. The experience exceeded my expectations. For the second procedure, Dr. Maxwell did a full laser facial resurfacing with upper and lower eyelid surgery. The post recovery period was difficult but once the bandages were removed and the swelling reduced, I noticed an immediate improvement. The best part of this procedure is the final result of Dr. Maxwell's effort will only get better with time. I am completely satisfied with all my interactions with Dr. Gwen Maxwell and her staff. I would encourage anyone considering cosmetic surgery to contact her office.

Oct 25th, 2011

Awesome! I live 3 hours away from Dr. Maxwell's office. They worked with me on all my appts knowing that I had a long drive. Everyone was great!!!

|  The very best of the best!  |  show details
by Darlene Lane on Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Maxwell was a fabulous surgeon. Her friendly personality was a plus I didn't expect. She listened to my concerns and completed the task with precession. Her tiny little stitches are almost invisable....no staples were used anywhere! Not many surgeons are willing to take the extra time to do this. Even my dermatologist said Dr. Maxwell did a great job on my face and he said he doesn't say that to everyone. Maxwell is the best!!

Apr 14th, 2011

I am very happy with my experience and would absolutely recommend Dr. Maxwell! She listened to me and did not push me into something I did not want! Yay, Dr. Maxwell!

|  Awesome results  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

great staff...great doctor...great prices....great results...I definitely recommend this doctor!!!

Nov 4th, 2010

I am extremely happy with my results and I recommend Maxwell aesthetics to all my friends and family. The staff is professional and very friendly.

|  Excellent Surgeon! Excellent Results!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

I went to Dr. Gwen Maxwell for my breast reduction of getting consultations from several other doctors in town. She was by far the most professional and caring Dr. I saw. If I had not found Dr. Maxwell, I'm not sure that I would have had the surgery when I did. Her entire staff is kind and professional and it is a joy to be in the office. There can be a little delay at appointments, and I know this is because she is so good at what's she is doing that it just takes some extra time. I don't mind the wait and I always feel well taken care of.

Oct 28th, 2010

Love! Love! Love! my facelift! even my hairdresser commented how he had to "look" for my scars! no body knows! they think I lost weight, had a haircut, etc ....thank you Gwen

|  Thank You Dr. Maxwell  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

I have had 3 procedures all done by Dr. Maxwell...She does GREAT work, a complete perfectionist..which is what anybody who is seeking to have a procedure done needs to look for..She gives the time, understands all concerns and is completely a FANTASTIC Person.

Sep 28th, 2010

The doctor and staff are wonderful. A very happy office. The staff is very helpful. The doctor seems to really enjoy her job. She has open houses so you can check out the office and staff with no pressure.

by J.Co on Sep 13th, 2010

Before I went to Dr.Maxwell, I had seen another plastic surgeon for a breast augmentation and I thought he would be good until I saw Dr.Maxwell. The experience I had at Dr.Maxwell's consultation was vastly superior to the other plastic surgeon's consult. Dr.Maxwell was an absolutely fantastic surgeon. Not only did she take excellent care of me, but she made sure that I felt comfortable in her and her staff's care. She was very knowledgeable and she went over every problem that could have happened with my surgery. She was upfront with complications, prices, and accreditations. She was very thorough in everything she told me and she asked multiple times if I had any questions. She spent a lot of time with me to make sure I understood everything. Looking back, I know I made the right choice to go with Dr.Maxwell. I feel so great about myself and how I look. After seeing my final results as well as my friends' final results, I think she has proven to be the best in Tucson over and over again. Overall, I would highly recommend Dr.Maxwell to anyone who would like to have plastic surgery.

|  I look great naked at 40! (from head to toe!)  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2010

I have had 4 extensive plastic surgery procedures all done by Dr. Maxwell. I chose Dr. Maxwell after interviewing 3 surgeons in town and even 2 in Beverly Hills. The care and attention to detail at Maxwell Aesthetics made my choice easy. My fabulous results are just my bonus! Dr. Maxwell's artistic talents and eye for beauty has given me the body I've dreamed of at 40 years old with a natural look. In reading reviews on this very site attacking her talent and compassion I have to wonder if these are real or if they have REALLY ever been to Dr. Maxwell's office. Or maybe they just dont appriciate Dr. Maxwell's honest approach, which I thought was her best attribute. I wanted to know my surgeon wasn't willing to just do surgery to make money but would only do what she thought was going to give me the best results. Both her and her staff are like "friends" they made me feel comfortable and supported at every moment I needed them . Wish i could post pictures on here to let my beautiful results speak for themselves.Dr. Maxwell is the ONLY surgeon in Tucson that I would refer my friends and family to. Thank you! Dr. Maxwell! xoxoxox

|  Narcissistic Personality, Doesn't Listen, Vain, Self-Centered  |  show details
by Horse Lover on Feb 27th, 2010

Having seen several Plastic Surgeons in Tucson for an opinion, I believe I have a very good overall impression of what a competent Plastic Surgeon should impart to a patient seeking a professional opinion about blepharoplasty. Dr. Maxwell is vain, self-absorbed, narcissistic and very uncaring. I obviously decided against using her as my surgeon. Decide for yourself by seeking several opinions before choosing your surgeon. You won't pick Dr. Maxwell if you do so.

|  Great job!  |  show details
by Adam Newman MD on Feb 5th, 2010

My wife recently had surgery with Dr. Maxwell and she could not be more pleased with the end result. Im an OBGYN from the area and have been equally satisfied with Dr. Maxwells attention to detail and desire to make everything just right. My wife had surgery with Dr. Maxwell over a decade ago and traveled back to Tucson from the Midwest just to return to Dr. Maxwell she had that much confidence in her! Her staff is wonderful and nurturing. She has gone out of her way to make sure that my wife was satisfied with her end result. And she is! There is a reason that Dr. Maxwell enjoys the excellent reputation that she has you will be very happy with your results.Dr. Newman

|  excellent plastic surgeon  |  show details
by Marianne on Jan 15th, 2010

I recently had a complete facelift with Dr. Maxwell and am so completely satisfied that I just had to write about her. She is a perfectionist who strives to give perfect results and was so genuinely caring toward me. She provides "extras" that no one else that I know of provides. Starting from vitamins she gives two weeks pre-surgery to increase your overall body health, to keeping her patients overnight in her private 'hospital' facility watched by a surgical nurse to insure no post surgical problems will occur in the first 24 hours. Her follow up care is extremely detailed - I would highly recommend this physician to anyone considering any type of reconstructive surgery.

Nov 5th, 2009

Must say the "butcher" person is completely worng if you are looking for a "top notch" surgeon that "cares" about her patients visit Dr. Maxwell. My experience with Dr. Maxwell was extreme I had surgery by another Plastic Surgeon that completely messed up my implants. Dr. Maxwell spent the time with me and fixed the other Surgeons mistakes without ever saying a negative word. She is very up beat and caring.

|  tummy tuck and lower body lift  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2009

I felt that she was very caring and concerned with some problems that arose. Her staff was always willing to try to help with whatever my problem was. My results of having a flat stomach again and extremely loose skin removed were amazing. I am very please with the results.

Jan 28th, 2009

She did my breast implants about 7 years ago. They were uneven after the surgery. She wouldn't listen to me at first but, finally decided to re-do one. When I went into the operating room, she threw a sheet over my face and kept it there until she was finished. She is so WEIRD!!!I to this day still have pain in one breast because, she must of screwed it up.

|  beware!  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2008

She is a butcher!! I wouldn't trust her with a butter knife.

|  bad results3 out of 3  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2008

in my opinion, she should not be a plastic surgeon. she made my big nose, a crooked big nose, and i ended up with a totally uneven brow kift, one eyebrow was over an inch higher than the other afterwards, and there is still excess skin on my upper lids. she refused to admit that my nose was crooked until a year had passed. it looked AWFUL. she eventually had to admit she screwed up, and i was dumb enough to let her try to fix it. needless to say, im researching who to go to so that her mistakes can be fixed.i wish i had heeded my friends advise re. this doctor.

|  Most Ethical I have known  |  show details
by tonilovescats on May 27th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Maxwell is honest and compassionate and great at what she does. She is ethical. Her knowledge and skills are outstanding. The practice is devoted to excellence. She is worth every penny that she charges for her services.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com