Dr. Gwendolyn Maxwell MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Tucson, AZ

April 11th, 2017
Have to say my experience with her and her staff was AWESOME !!!! She listened to every question I had about my surgery and took her time with me explaining what would happen before and after surgery.. I was recommended to her from a friend and I would absolutely do the same !!

March 31st, 2017
Please don't select this provider
Stay clear of this facility. Twice I showed up for surgery and the physician refused to perform it after I was already changed and in bed waiting for a procedure to take place, once even with IV in place. Both were redos from a prior botched procedure. Fees are excessive, as much as $600-$1000 over cost elsewhere, staff is obnoxious in surgery and you would be better off almost anywhere else.

August 5th, 2016
You get what you pay for...
I consulted with a number of plastic surgeons prior to my procedure. Although Dr. Maxwell was very thorough and obviously has the expertise, I went with another surgeon based on price. The first surgery with the other surgeon was not satisfactory and I went back to Dr. Maxwell for a 're-do'. She was so nice about the whole thing, she actually gave me a discount because she felt badly that I had already gone through so much. The results of Dr. Maxwell doing my surgery the second time are amazing...never thought I would be this happy with the results!! The office staff, (especially Jodi and Bethany) and the Surgery Center staff (Heather was very reassuring) are all the bomb! I highly recommend Dr. Maxwell and her group!!

December 7th, 2015
Disaster
I wound up in ICU and then a hole in my forehead from the instrument being poked through the skin and scars that were unsightly, she offered to fix but said she would have to charge for anesthetics. Would never recommend.

August 24th, 2015
Breast Implants
LOVE Dr Maxwell, the staff and facility

November 10th, 2014
Attention to Detail
My surgical experience with Dr. maxwell and her office has been exceptional. From the beginning Dr. Maxwell has made the time to explain what was happening and my results show her attention to detail. I highly recommend!

September 5th, 2014
I had 2 other consults in town before I chose Dr.Maxwell. The experience at her office is by far the best. From the moment you walk through the door you feel at ease. The front desk staff is very polite. Every time I go back they remember my name. Dr. Maxwell was so kind and understand about my concerns. She answered all my questions and spend extra time going over before and after photos. I can't wait for my upcoming surgery!

May 4th, 2014
Mrs
A $1000 deposit is required to make a tentative surgery appointment. I made the deposit, but after thinking about there requirement to be paid in full ($11,000.00) two weeks in advance of the surgery with NO refund possible and NO opportunity to change the date to a later date, I decided I didn't want to take that chance. My husband is 83 yrs old, my mother-in -law 103 and neither in good health. Many things could occur that would require a change of date (death, accident in family etc.) I decided that was to big a gamble. I spoke to at least three people at the office explaining my decision. The did not refund the $1000 deposit for the "tentative date".

March 31st, 2014
I am still undergoing reconstructive/corrective surgery to correct the breast reduction and lift I had Dr Maxwell perform several years ago. When the mammogram technician looks horrified and asks 'who did this to you?' , you know it's not normal to look so bad. In addition, I was prescribed an antibiotic on a long term basis because of infections that should not have been given to me due to another medication I take. I am not prone to infections and have to wonder just how sterile the OR was. Follow up and bedside manner from her was condescending and cold. Frankly, I would be terrified to have her anywhere close to me again.

May 18th, 2013
Abdominoplasty
My good friend just had a Abdominplasty done for some of the same reasons I need one and Need to know if any one has had this done by Dr. Maxwell and if so how was the experience ?My rating is what I need from a doctor. I don't want to drive to Mo. for surgery if I can find the same caring doctor here

March 29th, 2013
Excellent Experience
This was my first experience with plastic surgery so I was definitely nervous. Dr. Maxwell answered all of my questions and put me at ease. Her staff is amazing, the facility is beautiful, I could not have asked for a better experience.

September 15th, 2012
All the staff were friendly and professional; from the patient advocate, nurses assistants and doctors. They listened and paid attention to my concerns. Dr Maxwell may not be the most punctual person but she never rushed out the door on me either. I highly recommend them.