Dr. Gwyn Harrison Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gwyn Harrison?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Gwyn Harrison?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 13th, 2012

Almost destroyed my fertility and my life

I have went to dr Harrison for 4 years. She has never had the best bedside manner but I suffered a loss of twins at 17 weeks and she attended the still birth and did emergency surgery following the birth for hemoraghing and did not remove all of the placenta. I had a flow up every week because of persistent bleeding and she did blood work and an ultrasound. The results all came back abnormal but she insisted that I wait it out for a little while longer, she gave me methergine to cause the uterus to contract back down and try and expel any remaining placenta. She instisted that another surgery wasn't necessary. When I told her that I was still having pain and cramping that wasn't normal she said that if she gave me any more pain meds that I would become addicted and would end up in a methodone line. She then told me that if I insisted on having the surgery that she would do it but I would never be able to get pregnant again. So I put it off for 2 more weeks, a month after my still birth I still had a positive pregnancy test and started bleeding severely, I was standing in a puddle of my own blood so I decided to go to the er to get a second opinion. The er doctor sent me for another ultrasound and more blood work. They then called in another ob to see what he thought of the results. The other ob decided that emergency surgery was necessary to stop the bleeding and then notified me that there was a large amount of tissue left behind from the pregnancy. When doctor Harrison called the next day to inform me of a previous test, a pregnancy test that was positive. I then told her about the second opinion and consequent surgery that I had the night before and she proceeded to tell me that I should have had the er call her and she would have told them that it was just my period and that surgery wasn't necessary. How could I have a period with a positive pregnancy test? I then told her that I ha received the second opinion and that they found remaining placental tissue. She told me that it was my choice if I wanted the second opinion but that if I could ever get pregnant again that she thought I would need a hysterectomy because of the surgery. Not only did she let me down as a doctor and completely disrespected me as a patient and a person, she put my health at risk and by not completing the surgery correctly the first time she put my future fertility at risk and may have caused me to never be able to carry a pregnancy to term again. She also disrespected another doctor's opinion just because it differed from hers.

July 4th, 2011

I went back

She helped me through miscarrying our first pregnancy. She called me at home to check on me with all three pregnancies. She delivered both of my children via C-section. She spends time after appointments talking to her patients in her office. I recommend her to my friends.

January 6th, 2011

I'm not sure why there are complaints. I agree she's not the most chatty doctor I've had, but when I suffered some cramping during my second pregnancy, she followed up w/ me even though there was nothing wrong. I have been pretty pleased that she listens to all of my concerns, even the ones I'm embarrassed to ask. She also doesn't push an agenda--I can't breastfeed for health reasons, and she doesn't make me feel horrible because of it, unlike others have. Wait time is about 15-20 min. for an appt. Not great, but a lot better than my former OB (Bialas). No problems w/ billing.

August 28th, 2010

Are you serious..

There is no way to get in touch with her .. even it's urgent.. and mine was.. I even called her paging system and they informed me they could not page her.. went to the hosp.. was there all day.. was given meds and told to contact my doc asap.. when i finally got through..I was told they were booked and it would take 2 days to be seen.. the rep was very rude.. I'm still having issues.. and still waiting to hear from her.. she did however call my grandmothers house about results she got back.. and said she would try to reach me this weekend.. but of course when I got the message and tryed to call her back .. the pager service informed me they could not page her, even though on her vm it said to reach her call that number.. so waiting to find out if I'm ok or not... this area has the worst docs.. I'll be going to Morgantown, PA from now on.

April 9th, 2009

Rude

Honestly, we do not know how good Dr. Harrison is, because she turned us off with her distant and rude attitude. She was not nice to us at all. This is the woman that is supposed to help us have children? No way.

August 18th, 2017