Dr. Gyan Brard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 15th, 2016
Typical
Doesn't make eye contact. Stares at his computer screen. Dismissive, arrogant, insulting.

July 14th, 2016
Rush Rush Rush.............just doesn't take the time with patients.
In the beginning I really liked Dr Brard but after about a year, my condition isn't any better, he seems to spend less time with me each visit and he doesn't listen to me. Not willing to fight for me with my insurance to try newer treatment options that insurance doesn't typically cover but will if it makes sense.

June 11th, 2016
Love Brard Hate his office staff
Yes, as previously stated in reviews Dr Brard is blunt an this can absolutely be taken as a bad bed side manor, I see this. However, I like that he doesn't sugar coat. What I can't stand is his staff. Let me start with the fact that I've been a patient since 2010 after having a full thyroidectomy due to cancer. He has always run way behind, I wait at least an hr past my appt time in the waiting room and another 20-30 mins in the exam room. I love they have an in office lab and that staff if fine. However, the scheduling staff is rude and unhelpful, the MAs are unresponsive an sarcastic. In fact I had labs 6 days ago (on Monday) I left 4 messages to get my results and never received a return call. Each time I called in to follow up I was met with push back and excuses that the MA was busy or maybe the labs weren't in. I threatened to speak directly to the Dr and she informed me about the chain of command they have and how it would be inappropriate for me to go over the MAs head. I am now shopping for a new Dr as 6 yrs is too long to put up with a medical office in which my health is not a priority

November 17th, 2015
Since my thyroid was removed three years ago I have seen several doctors and have been very frustrated and not felt well. My friend is a Nurse in the hospital Dr. Brard is associated with and was impressed with him so referred me. I finally decided to try him after being frustrated yet again with a doctor that wasn't taking my serious condition serious enough to help me resolve the issue. I saw Dr. Brard today. I was very impressed with the fact that he actually read all the papers I brought with me. Every doctor has asked for my reports from surgeon, pathology lab and previous blood labs, but I've felt like it was a waste of time gathering up bcuz none has ever behaved like they knew any information about my situation. Dr. Brard brought the paperwork in that I had given to the receptionist and reviewed it with me. He Asked me things about it and explained stuff from my pathology report that I did not understand. I did not time the appointment, but I was early for my appointment by 45 minutes and only briefly waited and was in his office before the scheduled time. I left his office 23 minutes after the scheduled appointment time...he definitely did not rush me in and out. I appreciate that he seemed to really care about my frustrations and health concerns and told me what he was going to do that he thought would resolve those issues. He also wanted me to schedule a follow up visit for 4 weeks. I really appreciate that since previous doctors haven't taken seriously my sensitivity to the medicine and scheduled out for longer time frames where I end up feeling like I'm on death's doorstep. I know that sounds drama queen-ish, but it accurately states how I feel. I'm looking forward to feeling better and feel like I see light at the end of the tunnel. I will definitely report again so that I can confirm this if my visits with him continue to be successful. As for now, I'm delighted and Will definitely refer him to everybody I know.

June 28th, 2015
at the very onset he prescribed too high of a dosage of medication then was unavailable for consultation for two weeks, I resorted to go to the ER. This doctor looks only at the lab results and considers your symptoms to be somewhat non factors.

November 21st, 2014
staff infection
I found Dr Brard to be a very interesting person, however right from the start I found his staff to be (as others have clearly stated) RUDE and manipulative. The movie 9 to 5 comes to mind when I think back on my struggles with this office. If a nice person is hired it seems they don't last long. He would be wise to fire his entire staff, nurse also. THEY RUN VALLEY ENDROCRINE, not him. Worst office staff ever ever! Also, they are a private corporation, which means they don't have to answer to anyone. Go to the west side of town if you have to , for endocrine doctors are hard to find . Again , I don't think he is at falt , he's just trusting everyone uut his own instincts. Don't stake your career on a bunch of power hungry witches. Clean house dr. b. No one has a right to take you off your path. Merry christmas! SAVE YOURSELF.

August 1st, 2014
Disappointed patient
I have seen Dr. Brard a number of times and each time I swear to myself I'm not going back. Dr. runs 1+ hours late on the appointment nearly every time, no apologies. I rarely get my questions or concerns answered. Bedside manner and compassion is awful. I was recently diagnosed with a new condition and scared. Not only did he not discusses treatment options before leaving his office or give a little hope but made me feel worse and even more scared. I have left message about a concerning side effect of my new diagnosis and never received a call back. I am actively looking for a better Dr. Don't waste your time with this one.

October 23rd, 2013
Extremely Dissapointed
I’ve seen many doctors in my life time and would have bet money that the negative comments on this site were exaggerated. I now have experienced for myself (during both of two appointments) that every negative comment on this site is valid. I am frankly shocked at the behavior and performance of this doctor, and very disappointed in the front office scheduling practices. I would not recommend this doctor to any human being.

July 14th, 2013
Great Experience
The staff is courteous even though they are clearly busy. Dr. Brard has a great manner about him and really seems to care. The wait was a little long.

June 21st, 2013
Should of listened to reviews!
Although I feel like Dr. Brard does know his stuff. He is very rude and sarcastic. He makes you feel stupid when asking questions and is not there for you if you have an emergency, he says it's not his problem go to ER. After a year and a half of putting up with him and his staff, I am out of here! Near impossible to get a hold of office, which is very unorganized and unfriendly. Surely there is a better choice out there who knows their stuff and cares about human beings!

April 10th, 2013
Patient
This Dr is the best thing that has ever happened to medicine! I was diagnosed with Addison’s disease and very nervous about my condition and the Dr. I would be facing. He was knowledgeable, professional and had bedside manner that cannot be matched! If you don’t see him and need an endocrinologist, you will be fighting a losing battle. The office staff was so kind and patient and smiled a smile that made you relaxed and comfortable. See him! The nurse Deb is beautiful and sweet.

April 5th, 2013
Office staff horrible
These are obviously not a staff that is mindful of patients needs. They are RUDE, INEFFICIENT and OBNOXIOUS. When they are clearly in the wrong they try to intimidate you by threat of dropping you as a patient. My appointment was canceled because of the Dr. changing his schedule and when I had to cancel the re-schedule the rude appt. person "Mindy" offers a veiled threat of my possibly being dropped as a patient if I have to re-schedule again.