Family Medicine

by Donna Schramm on Jun 24th, 2015

As a retired nurse with breast cancer recent history, I find Dr. Paar to be very knowledgeable & caring.

Jun 23rd, 2015

Dr. Paar is a caring and concerned physician. Very hard to find these days.

by Eric G. Medlin on Jun 22nd, 2015

She Has been stratigic in keeping me healthy in these days of aging.

Uncaring show details Uncaring
by Patient who will not return on Jun 5th, 2015

So if you're looking for a practitioner who brings you back a half hour after your appointment and keeps you waiting another 15 mins while she discusses her own baby crying at night with the other staff,who wants to get in and out as quick as possible, who thinks it a burden to prescribe your meds,whose staff will NOT return calls, and who personally won't return a call either, then you've come to your dream physician. For me it was a nightmare and I am a health professional. My dog gets better care at the vet.

Feb 13th, 2015

Not at all a fan of Dr. Paar. 100% agree with other reviews that she did not listen to my issues I came in for, nor did she even pretend to care. Moreso made me feel bad about my issues. Instead she "diagnosed" me with several other illnesses that are not related to what my visit was for whatsoever and truly made me feel emberassed and discouraged for coming to see her in the first place. I will never put time or money into her care again. Word of advice, if you are needing a family doctor specialist, very easy to go see someone else or if need of a specialist, find it yourself instead of wasting your time here.

A Great Doctor show details A Great Doctor
Nov 21st, 2014

Dr. Paar is a wonderful, caring person and a great doctor. She is thorough and compassionate. I would never go to anyone else. I've recommended friends and family and she has taken good care of everyone.

frustrating experience show details frustrating experience
Feb 5th, 2014

I followed Dr Paar to when she moved because I think she's an excellent doctor, but the referral staff at Grand Canyon Family Medicine is awful. I scheduled an endoscopy fifteen days after my visit with her, which she had requested. The morning of my visit w/ the gastroenterologist they still hadn't received the referral. I had made calls and the gastro office had requested the referral. This is a totally unacceptable way to provide medical care and follow up.

worst DR I've seen in my life show details worst DR I've seen in my life
by upset pre-med student on Nov 26th, 2013

Nice lady, but this is not her field. She absolutely does NOT deserve to have her license, a disgrace to the medical community I'm sorry. I went in for physical and she diagnosed me with a heart murmur at the age of 20, I went to a cardiologist to spend hundreds of dollars on tests for them to tell me my paperwork was "boring" and nothing was wrong. Again I made the mistake to see her, she tested me for STD's which was irrelevant for my reason going to her. She told me I tested positive for IgG herpes 2 and had me leave the office in a panic, telling me I have herpes. I immediately made an appt with my gynecologist and showed her my results, she told me "we haven't tested for this in years, 96% of the population tests positive for these antibodies. Can only test for herpes if theres lesions". Ive NEVER had a lesion in my life , and Dr. Paar "forgot" to mention that to me. Thank God I'm attending medical school next to replace these noctors . I will not be seeing her again, anyone else is more than welcome to see her and pay a 25 dollar co pay to get scared and misdiagnosed.

Dr. Paar is the best! show details Dr. Paar is the best!
by Suzie K. on Jul 10th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Paars since 2010 when she was working out of another office. When I found out she had left that office I tracked her down and followed her to Grand Canyon Family in Chandler. It was a bit further from my home but it is so worth it. She is so knowledgeable and thorough. I don't feel rushed when I see her and her staff is always cheerful and caring. The bonus is that I never have to wait on the phone forever to ask a question or make an appointment!... and she works on Sat.! I will always stick with Dr. Paar... she saved me when I was having a very rough time in my life with my health! She combines traditional medicine with natural healing treatments which I love! My teenage daughter has also been going to her for a couple years and loves her!

Very Rude Dr! show details Very Rude Dr!
Dec 3rd, 2012

I'm surprised that Dr. T with his great reputation in our community has decided to bring on a person like Dr. Parr. She is short with me every time I go in to see her and will never try and fix an issue or illness herself. She always refers me out. She will make you wait 45 min. Then give you only 5 min. Of her time! She is rude and a waste of time and money!

Horrible Experience show details Horrible Experience
Oct 22nd, 2012

Im a healthcare professional myself and was horrified at the way I was treated, I overheard her snapping at the staff and waited over an hour past my appt 45 min of that wearing see thru paper, that was fine as I assumed that she had a patient she needed to spend extra time with - but when she got to me she was not nice and told me right away that she didnt have time to discuss my severe depression at a well women check, the exam should cover all areas of concern and I had to really work myself up to ask about medication for depression and she made me feel horrible and was very demeaning in the way she spoke to me, She made me late for my patients but even with being severly depressed and running late I was able to make my patients feel as tho i cared about their issues and not only to I assess all body systems as well as depression at each visit I am kind and compassionate even when Im running behind schedule

A doctor who cares show details A doctor who cares
Aug 23rd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Paars for several years and would love to share one particular story. I had a dangerous reaction to some fish that I had eaten and came to visit her. Later that same evening, after 7 PM, she personally called me to see how I was doing and to make certain that I was fine. She cares !! You do not see that much anymore and I really appreciated it.

Lack of Response and Care show details Lack of Response and Care
Apr 2nd, 2012

I have been trying for over a week to get Dr. Paar to call be back about my care.I followed up with phone calls no less than 4 times with no response from the doctor.My wife finally called to speak to Dr. T. of Grand Canyon Family Medicine and was told by Maggie that under no circumstance would a doctor call her back. It is not something they do.

Professional show details Professional
Jul 13th, 2011

Dr. Paar is a consumate professiona. She automatically gives me a copy of all my labs, test results and a copy of her notes on me! Totally professional, up front and wonderful! I strongly recommend you see her. She's great! I wouldn't go to anybody else.

smart and caring show details smart and caring
by satisfied patient on Jan 30th, 2010

dr paar was recommended by a friend, and i was not disappointed. you feel comfortable with her right away. she listens and asks you questions. when i went for my follow up, she actually asked me if i had made my derm appt yet. this surprised me, she read my chart and inquired about this. she also automatically gave me a copy of my lab report and we went over it together test by test. she also is interested in natural approaches to wellness. I simply recommend dr paar.