Geneticist, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

9625 Monte Vista Ave
Ste 101
Montclair, CA 91763
909-482-1777
Locations and availability (9)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Horrible experience  |  show details
by Rebecca A on May 7th, 2014

The room was hard to find, I had a scheduled appointment at 1 pm I showed up 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork, no one even showed up in the office till 1:30 with bags of fast food. After filling out paperwork and waiting another 30 minutes I was finally seen by the rudest ultra sounds technician, she had me on the table for all of 2 minutes! She ignored me when I asked her what was on the screen, I was excited to see my baby in the ultrasound but she never gave me a chance to look at him. She printed out 2 crooked pictures that were ripped wrong and wrinkled, one picture was half of the baby's head, the other is unrecognizable. I'm a first time mom and I will never be going back to that place again.

|  Horrible office, 2 hour wait, nurse coughing into her hand, avoid this place  |  show details
by Hayley Zeidman on Dec 31st, 2013

This office is horrible. The front nurse is coughing into her hand. We've been waiting for two hours. The huge flat screen tv in the waiting room is playing Law and Order Svu (stories gross crimes) and there are at least six children in the waiting room. I hope to never return here.

|  Horrible experience....  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2013

The staff is awful. The wait is awful. Another specialist is need in turn. Please if you do not have to come here don't. :-\

|  great doc  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2013

I have seen dr. Brar since 1999 bcuz high risk due to diabeties. I have my 1st with him today for my last pregnacy. Him and his office r kind, respectful, and very good at what they do! I have gotten bad news from him b4 and had to end 2 pregnacy and he was right. But also got wounderful news and to him and my ob have I have 2 very healthy kids! I like doc that r blunt and straight to the point, no messing around!

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2013

Went in for an "at risk" ultrasound and what I thought would be a thorough explanation of what was going on this far in the pregnancy- at 4 months. Ultrasound tec was super nice, she explained a few things here and there and told me to come back to meet with Dr. Brar. He walked in and did not even know I had had the ultrasound done and was ready to do another one. He immediately said he wanted to terminate the pregnancy and got upset when I declined his choice. I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO THIS OFFICE.

|  Pros and Cons  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

PostivesI was referred to Dr. Brar for an amino. I meet with the geneticist first. She was excellent - she went over all of the options and answered all of our questions and was very patient with us and did not rush us out the door.The ultrasound tech. was also great showing us lots of images of the various parts, gave us printouts of the baby and let us know everything looked great from her end. Dr. Brar performed the amino. I was hesitant to go to Dr. Brar because of all of the negative reviews but he has 25 years of experience and I opted for experience over bad reviews of office staff and poor bedside manners and I was glad I did. I experienced little pain during and after the amino and felt the interaction with Dr. Brar was just fine.Now for the negative.Bring cash or check - they do not take credit card or debit cards for payment and will charge an extra $10 if they have to bill you.The waiting room is small and filled with chairs filled with people. I felt like I was in a DMV waiting area. Not a good first impression.Once you leave the waiting room they move you to an interior waiting room filled with chairs filled with more people.Wait Time - You will have to wait. They have you sign a paper acknowledging that you may have to wait so I guess waiting is the norm. I waited over 45 minutes to be called into the second room.But like I mentioned earlier, I choose Dr. Brar for his experience and not for his office decor or front office staff.

|  Good first experience  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

I didn't read any ratings before I went to my appointment at Dr. Brar's office in 760 Washburn, Corona. I was referred by my Obgyn. I came in 45 min early knowing I would be filling out medical background. My appointment was at 12:30. The front desk staff was nice. I was called right on time when my appointment supposed to be. The nurse and ultrasound technician were nice and courteous. They explained the diagnose as they were doing the ultrasound. I thought the tech lady was very nice. Dr. Brar came in and explained to me about CVS and amnio because I am high risk. I understood everything he said (I studied about those procedures before). He made eye contacts as he jotted down things in his paper/chart. I thought he was polite and nice. He even said hi to my Mom who came in with me. They set me for my next two appointments. I have BCBS PPO and I didn't have to pay a thing (at least not yet). Overall, I had a good first experience and look forward for my next appointments. I got home and was surprised to read the bad ratings for him. My advice: go to his office in Corona and come a little early.

Sep 12th, 2012

I was very disappointed at the promptness of the office. I had an appointment at 7am and arrived at 6:50am. No one was even in the office until 7:35am. She looked overwhelmed when she saw all of us waiting in the hall. She let us in the waiting room and it wasn't until 7:50am that the office receptionist started calling patients to check it. Needless to say, I waited over an hour for my appointment. When I asked what happened, the receptionist replied, "I was told I didn't have to be here until 7:30." That was her response!!! Not, "I'm sorry for the wait," or even a made-up excuse. She basically said it wasn't her problem and she didn't care! It was horrible and I'm glad I do not have to go back there! I do have to say, the ultrsound tech that helped us was very curteous and gave us some great pictures. It was the office staff, the wait, and the lack of professionalism that made this visit horrible. Oh, and we never even saw the actual doctor!

|  I was a table for my chart :-(  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

When I first came to the Murrieta office on a Thursday for monitoring the staff was very courteous and friendly. Mind you this was a day that the Doc was not in. I just recently had a visit to the same office and my experience had been completely flipped. The workers seemed as though they did not want to deal with patients. My wait time had doubled from 30 minutes to 1 hr. When I was seen for my ultra sound the tech seemed as though she didnt want to do her job and was very standoffish. She had made and effort to strike mediocre conversation. Shortly after she finished her ultrasounds Dr Brar came into the room very hurriedly. He rushed through the exam as ihe had questions he should have known the answers to , like why I was there. As he continued the short exam he threw my chart on my legs said a few things as he did a very short ultrasound to recheck some things. He was very poor in conversation and never made eye contact. He did everything in a rush. I felt like a number. Not cool :-(

|  way to long  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

Had to wait over two hours they way overbooked their appointments. Stupid crazy and never apologetic.

Jun 20th, 2012

After reading the reviews I really did not want to go to Dr Brar's office. I went today for my NT scan, I didn't see the dr but the ultrasound tech was the best! She explained everything to me and after she took all the necessary measurements for the scan she spent a few minutes just letting me see my baby move around. At the end she gave me the results of the scan and gave me 3 pictures to keep.

|  Get in early  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

The first time I came to this office and met the doctor he wasn't interested in me as a patient..just my ultrasound..Haven't seen him since. The staff is really friendly, and I always make my appt as early as posible or when they first open cause then your wait won't be that long. They tend to deal with A LOT of people daily so your in for a wait if you go later. One other thing is I go in weekly for a stress test...I believe now is unessasary

Apr 26th, 2012

After reading all these reviews, I was very scared to go in but after I went in for my appointment today, I felt it necessary to write in a positive review. The Staff (both the front desk and in the back) was very kind and very polite; I did not experience any rudeness. The Dr. came in after the technician did my ultrasound just to verify what the technician saw and even explained what he was seeing. I left the office very pleased with my experience. The only thing I would give a negative review on was the wait, we waited for an hour and half after our appt was scheduled to be seen. Also, be sure you bring cash or check otherwise they will have to bill you and that will tack on an additional ten dollars to your co pay (something I wish we would have known before coming). Overall I would say I had a pleasant experience and it was nothing like I had read in the reviews.

|  Needs new people.  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

They don't forward your authorization request on time and then reschedule your appointment on the day of your appointment. They need efficient people.

|  Decent experience  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

The biggest complaint here would be with the tiny waiting room and somewhat rude attitude of the front desk staff. but what's really important is the service from those who matter - the doctor. We went for a CVS. The geneticist lady was very patient and friendly. We saw Dr. Brar twice, I think - once for the cvs consultation and once for the actual procedure. He actually tried somewhat to talk us out of the procedure (to avoid the risk of miscarriage) but we wanted it anyway. He wasn't over-the-top friendly, but he wasn't cold, either. He was just fine - polite, professional, etc. All doctors these days appear to be in a hurry, though, but we didn't feel rushed. The actual procedure was pretty quick, and no problems - gave birth to a healthy baby a little over a month ago. So, in the end, I'd say we were satisfied - no miscarriage, no birth defects, etc., and the sex of the baby was accurately predicted.

|  Would NOT Recommend Office  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

Had to visit this office for 2 pregnancies. So far, I have not met the Dr. however a leader will lead by example, and obviously he can not lead his staff to be caring, compassionate, efficient professionals. The receptionist or front office employee (heavy-set/wavy hair/possibly filipino) has a really bad attitude, and seems not to even want to be there or even get up from her chair. I dread going to the office and seeing her face, not a happy person. And while I mention that about 90% of the staff have major 'attitudes'. I have never experienced an office where such a lack of consideration, courtesy, and care is so prominent. They seem to always be rushed as well. Note that children are not allowed in the office, and the office is VERY cramped. Be prepared to wait a LONG time. I have an appointment tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

|  Very bad experience  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

A couple of minutes of ultrasound test cost me $200.00. The test was done by a nurse and Dr. Brar walked in after the test. An Indian man, very cold and rude. He told me that the OB result would be sent to my OB doctor When I asked him for the feedback of the test, he appeared to be very impatient and walked straight to the door. I promise I wouldn't come back again in the future.

|  Completely Out Of Line  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2011

This doctor told my friend that she should terminate her pregnancy (she is due in 2 months) because her baby might have developmental problems.

|  Excellent 1st visit....  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

Overall, I have no complaints at all with my visit to Dr. Brar. I'm not a Calif resident but during my visit I needed prenatal care. I read his reviews before my visit, and after reading them, I was scared to death. The staff seemed well organized especially as busy as they were and very qualified in my opinion, and I don't like having to spend 3 hours in a Dr.'s office. I was in and out in an hour. The man has done this for 29 yrs and people are worried about bedside manner. Are you kidding me. I understood him fine and he was very polite to me. People do have bad days and are entitled to make mistakes, and sometimes our days don't go as planned. Right? Don't we all have those? I know I do.

|  My Cild Died Due to Rubber Stamping Test Results  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

My wife was sent to Dr. Brar due to concerns expressed by her OBGYN. ALL test run by Dr. Brar came back 'normal' with no physical anomalies noted. Final amneo noted underdeveloped lungs, but we were told he'd be OK. Our son was subsequently born with MULTIPLE birth defects, from cranial abnormalities to 4 toes on each foot, to underdeveloped lungs due to a cleft pallet. Dr. Brar missed it ALL. Our child was born in a facility that didn't have a NICU!!! It took 5 doctors 2 hours to get him stabilized... and that didn't happen until a pediatric doctor showed up from another hospital, and then it took another hour to get him to a proper hospital (where he should have been delivered). He died 2 days later. Had Dr. Brar done his job, actually LOOKED at the ultrasounds, test results and been a good doctor, our child would have been delivered in a proper facility and may still be alive today. There were red flags everywhere and he dismissed all of them and 'rubber stamped' my wife's pregnancy as 'normal'. If you have ANY concerns about your pregnancy- DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. Again: ALL test run by Dr. Brar came back 'normal' with no physical anomalies noted when there were multiple issues staring him in the face. First of all, he should be ashamed, but more importantly, he shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine

|  Awful experience...don't recommend at all.  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

I was given a referral to visit the Corona office of Dr. Herb S. Brar suite 4A off S. Washburn. I arrived at 2:30pm a full 45 minutes to my actual appoitment time and i didn't go in until after 4pm. The location looks like some underground illegal facility, not clean, and staff not friendly especially the receptionist Maria. I don't usually write reviews, but I told myself i would to warn others of an uncomfortable visit. I will never return again.

|  Excessive Testing  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

I've been to Dr. Brar's office several times for two pregnancies and have never met him, so I can't really speak to his bedside manner. I was sent to his office for Gestational Diabetes which I have under control through diet. However, they still wanted me to come in twice a week for NST tests. This is ridiculous, especially if you have a co-pay and if you have other children (which aren't allowed in his office.) I can do kick counts and check my blood sugars at home. So I told the nurse that wouldn't be possible for me to come in that often. She was understanding and scheduled me for another appointment in 6 weeks.

|  Horrible!!!!!  |  show details
by Crystal on Feb 2nd, 2011

If you can go to another office i say go for it!!! This is by far the WORST office i've ever been to! The staff is VERY rude! They don't care about anything except getting paid and it's obvious... Then when you try to talk to the manager about it, it makes no difference because she's just as rude! This office is GHETTO and i would NEVER step foot in there again! Believe me you don't want to go here. Also don't expect to see Dr. Brar because he's never around you'll be seeing the nurses who rush you out of there after treating you like crap! I worked in medical for three years and i would never have treated our patients that way regardless of the circumstance, it's so unprofessional! As if being pregnant and having to deal with all these hormones isn't enough! They have no compassion for patients i don't know why they chose that field!

|  Really good at lining his pockets...  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

After my baby had an irregular heartbeat during one of my prenatal appointments I was referred to Dr. Brar to diagnose the problem. My first appointment I was in the waiting room for an hour before I was rushed through the rest of the process. I met Dr. Brar in His office-filling cabinets and all-and got one question out before I was shuffled out the door...He ordered an Echo and NST's 2x per week for the duration of my pregnancy-12 weeks. Meaning approximately $840 in copays...The office staff is short and very good at keeping you from talking with Dr. Brar. Tried to call and leave a message for him and was directed to the office manager-Never ended up leaving a message for him. Overall, they have been very frustrating and rude. They have treated me as an ignorant, uncaring mother and bottom line is I feel they have tried-and in part succeeded at lining their pockets at my expense. I will not recommend Dr. Brar to anyone.

|  TEEEEEERRIBLE!!! GO ELSEWHERE!  |  show details
by Brenda Barberena on Dec 23rd, 2010

This doctor was the rudest and most unprofessional specialists ive ever been to. Its stressful enough having a high risk pregnancy and his bedside manner along with the attitudes of his staff really makes it worse. Wait time is 45 min average and the way they call ur name is so insulting. His staff is a joke, unprofessional, rude, sarcastic, unfriendly, careless, and useless. The doctor is rough with hands when performing proceedures such as CVS's and makes the pain worse than it has to be. The ultrasound tech spend less than 3 minutes on each patient during an ultrasound, they explain nothing, and rarely give pictures which really takes away from the joy of the appointment. IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT HERE RESCHEDULE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! THIS OFFICE IS TEEEEEEEEEEERRIBLE!!!!!!

Oct 19th, 2010

I was referred to this doctor by my regular Obgyn due to Choroid Plexus Cysts being found in my baby's head. I was so nervous about the whole situation and even more nervous when I came on this site and read the reviews for Dr. Brar. Although I agree that his office staff is not the friendliest in the world, my husband and I found Dr. Brar to be very pleasant and thorough. I have nothing but good things to say regarding my interaction with him. He answered all of our questions patiently and even wished us a happy 4th of July as we were leaving his office.

|  overall opinion  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Dr Brar didn't really ease my anxiety when I came and visit him for my amnio though he was good at what he does. I guess when you're doing what you do for a long time your bedside manner goes out the window. Everything just becomes a routine.also, the office is so tiny, dark & gloomy. You can see most of the staff just standing in the hallway.

|  hello friend  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

Are you Binder from Govt. Medical College, Jabalpur. This is Tylden Correa calling

|  only specialist in our area, so we have no choice but to use this doctor  |  show details
May 22nd, 2010

This Doctor's office front desk spoke Spanish to me first, even though I am caucasian. Then asked me if I spoke English. They see mostly Hispanic patients and medical patients. The staff is rude for the most part, and they can get away with it because he is the only high-risk OB in this area, so there is no competition for patients or referrals. I would not want another baby just because I would not want to have to go to this docto three times a week until the end of my pregnancy.

|  Had a great experience  |  show details
by 1st time prego on Apr 20th, 2010

My OBGYN referred me to Dr Brar and after reading the other reviews I was dreading the visit! I was prepared for the waitand the nurse said it could be up to a hour, my husband and I waited about 40 minutes, however in that time we had to fill out Dr Brars paper work, as it was our first visit.The nurse doing the sonogram was quick but very throughshe showed us all angles of the baby. When Dr Brar came in he was brief but through as well, I did not feed like he had a bad bed side matter at all and I did not have any trouble with his accent he did refer to me as sweetie several timeshowever that didnt bother me. Overall my husband and I had a great experience. I usually do not post on these sites, however after reading the other reviews I almost wanted to cancel my appointment...but like I said my husband and I had a good experience.

|  Very patronizing rude doctor  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2010

Went in on a referral from my doctor. Doctor came in reeking of cheap cologne ( not a good thing when your patients are pregnant with sensitive tummies), and kept calling me "sweetie" during the two minutes he spent with me and my husband. We couldn't understand what he was saying because of his accent and when we politely asked him to repeat it, he refused. Weird. This dude can't be the only game in town so I am asking my regular OB to find a more professional doc for me. I don't want to be treated by Dr. Brar.

|  Worst experiance  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2009

Normally I can forgive long waits and small annoyances but I cannot just ignore rudeness and distaste. I was accused 3 times of drinking during my pregnancy with out them even looking at me or my baby. I was only there for an Ultrasound and they seemed more interested in having me down for a uncaring expecting mother. It was utterly insulting to be accused of something that I never did or will ever do along with the fact that he couldn't even take the time to look up from his clip board and look me in the face. If it wasn't for my wonderful OBGYN wanting me to go there I would have walked right out of the place in the middle of my appointment!

|  Doesn't know enough about Turner Syndrome  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2009

I wasn't given the right or enough information to make a decision and now regret terminating my pregnancy

|  awful bedside manner  |  show details
May 26th, 2009

The wait time is ridiculous most of the time. He yelled at one of the nurses and was incredibly rude in front of his patients. He also criticized another doctor's decision that I had been to see. Not very pleasant or professional.