Dr. Habte Yimer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

November 18th, 2016
I am highly satisfied with the whole experience at Texas Oncology tyler with DR Yimer office. Highly professional and caring. takes his times and answers all my questions.

August 25th, 2016
Doctor seems half asleep and lethargic, unenthusiastic, bored.
Be careful with this one. He seems to have trouble staying on topic. His approach is that which seems forced, almost noncommittal. The information he gives is robotic and he doesn't seem to be on top of his priorities and genuinely concerned with patients. The office and staff are uncoordinated and seem overworked and bothered if you have questions. Rally in this arena I would say almost amateurish in spite of the accolades. This one wears his feelings on his selves and really isn't involve a you would anticipate a real research driven facility to be. Just be careful s it is your life and you get the bills. This one's mind us elsewhere and he isn't easily approached with real concerns. You have been warned, there are much better oncologists than Yimer.

April 25th, 2016
We never felt supported, we always received "I Don't Know" for answer from both Dr. Yimer and his NP. We would ask questions and never felt satisfied with the answers. On our last visit, he was rude and a smart ***. I made a complaint to the head administrator in regards. And the only answer we received was a letter from Dr. Yimer stating he will no longer treat my husband. I am very upset that no results and no answers on whether or not my husband's cancer has came back. I do not recommend Dr. Yimer for any oncology treatment or for any medical advice.

February 4th, 2014
Yimer didn't know that I had a CT Scan (which he arranged) the week before. "We're good for another 6 months when we'll get a CT Scan". The scan showed a (likely) malignant tumor on my lung. Yimer is incompetent!!!

June 24th, 2012
he spent enought time with me explaining my problem and the different options for treatment

August 31st, 2011
The main problem was the doctor prescribing a medication that proved to be extremely burdensome for my relative. The bad effects outweighed any good the medication may have done. Very disappointing.

August 28th, 2011
Just left us hanging
My husband had his initial appointment with Dr. Yimer at Texas Oncology due to being diagnosed with Hereditary Hemochromotosis. This place seemed very disorganized. The first lady told my husband that he would be getting blood drawn and by the time we saw the doctor, the doctor would have the results. That did not happen. We asked the doctor about the results and he said we won't have them for another couple hours.The doctor gets into the office and the first thing he says is what brings you here? Do they not read anything in your file?????My husband will have to have phlebotomies for the rest of his life. We determined he would start his first phlebotomy next week. The doctor left the room - not telling us anything as to how this will be scheduled, where to go, nothing. We still don't know for sure. After standing at the unmanned scheduling desk for quite a while, a lady passing by took us to the front. Someone said they will call us after they check with the insurance company to see if it's covered.We'll see how it goes. We meet with the doctor again in 4 weeks. Initial impression is definitely not good. :(