Dr. Habte Yimer IV Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Habte Yimer IV?

Should Be Banned

Posted on August 30th, 2017

Beware. Texas Oncology-Tyler banned me after MDAnderson determined my lymph node swelling was caused by the medicine I was taking for my CML. Dr. Habte Yimer at this clinic refused to consider the information I showed him that discussed my very same issue with Sprycel. He seemed more interested in visiting a hospital he was building in Ethiopia, where he is from. He did not want to talk about my potential reaction to the medicine. When it was validated by MDAnderson in Houston, I was sent a letter from Texas Oncology stating that no doctor at their Tyler, Texas clinic will see me. You would think they would be interested in my reaction to the Sprycel, rather than choke up with their narcissistic malfeasance, which is dangerous. MDAnderson is now linking with UTNortheast in Tyler. Thank Heaven. I would not return to Texas Oncology. They wasted the ink with their "mob tactic" letter. I can be reached at mymailscene@yahoo.com.

No Compassion

Posted on April 14th, 2017

This Dr. Yimer turned out to be a quack. I had a reaction to the Sprycel I was taking under Dr. Habte Yimer. Because I asked for a second opinion from MDAnderson in Houston, I was banned from Texas Oncology per a lawyer's letter. After stopping the medicine for 2 months, it was determined to be causing my left neck lymph node swelling. I restarted in November of 2016 at a much lower dose and am doing well. Lymph nodes still much better. Texas Oncology totally ignored my concerns, the medical journals and the cause of the lymph node swelling. They wanted to fast forward to a total left neck lymph node dissection. Thank God for MDAnderson. The callous nature of Dr. Yimer is his defense for being an amateur. Texas Oncology should do a total assessment of how they treat patients, and how they handle the coduct of such uncompassionate quacks. Patients deserve better.

Posted on November 18th, 2016

I am highly satisfied with the whole experience at Texas Oncology tyler with DR Yimer office. Highly professional and caring. takes his times and answers all my questions.

Doctor seems half asleep and lethargic, unenthusiastic, bored.

Posted on August 25th, 2016

Be careful with this one. He seems to have trouble staying on topic. His approach is that which seems forced, almost noncommittal. The information he gives is robotic and he doesn't seem to be on top of his priorities and genuinely concerned with patients. The office and staff are uncoordinated and seem overworked and bothered if you have questions. Rally in this arena I would say almost amateurish in spite of the accolades. This one wears his feelings on his selves and really isn't involve a you would anticipate a real research driven facility to be. Just be careful s it is your life and you get the bills. This one's mind us elsewhere and he isn't easily approached with real concerns. You have been warned, there are much better oncologists than Yimer.

Posted on April 25th, 2016

We never felt supported, we always received "I Don't Know" for answer from both Dr. Yimer and his NP. We would ask questions and never felt satisfied with the answers. On our last visit, he was rude and a smart ***. I made a complaint to the head administrator in regards. And the only answer we received was a letter from Dr. Yimer stating he will no longer treat my husband. I am very upset that no results and no answers on whether or not my husband's cancer has came back. I do not recommend Dr. Yimer for any oncology treatment or for any medical advice.

Posted on June 25th, 2012

he spent enought time with me explaining my problem and the different options for treatment

Posted on August 31st, 2011

The main problem was the doctor prescribing a medication that proved to be extremely burdensome for my relative. The bad effects outweighed any good the medication may have done. Very disappointing.

Just left us hanging

Posted on August 28th, 2011

My husband had his initial appointment with Dr. Yimer at Texas Oncology due to being diagnosed with Hereditary Hemochromotosis. This place seemed very disorganized. The first lady told my husband that he would be getting blood drawn and by the time we saw the doctor, the doctor would have the results. That did not happen. We asked the doctor about the results and he said we won't have them for another couple hours.The doctor gets into the office and the first thing he says is what brings you here? Do they not read anything in your file?????My husband will have to have phlebotomies for the rest of his life. We determined he would start his first phlebotomy next week. The doctor left the room - not telling us anything as to how this will be scheduled, where to go, nothing. We still don't know for sure. After standing at the unmanned scheduling desk for quite a while, a lady passing by took us to the front. Someone said they will call us after they check with the insurance company to see if it's covered.We'll see how it goes. We meet with the doctor again in 4 weeks. Initial impression is definitely not good. :(

Posted on February 28th, 2017