inactive

Hadar Spivak MD Patient Reviews

3.8

June 14th, 2016
he installed a lap band for me around ten years ago.

August 8th, 2011
Dr Spivak is extremely rude and bias.

May 5th, 2011
awesome caring DR.
very caring has always went out of his way to help me wghen others wouldn't, he diagnosed me successfully and helped me tremendously. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and his staff. There were times he helped me even tho my insurance didn't cover him. YOU will find no surgeon more dedicated and caring!

June 29th, 2010
beware
i am 3 years post-op. ive spent much of that time being sick from the lap band procedure. ive thrown up more than EVER in my life. this shouldnt be called weight loss surgery. its actually starve off the weight surgery. i fell as though i was completely mislead by the 'spokeswoman' {former compensated patient} of spivak's. i ate as i was told too and still there were times i could keep nothing in my stomach including clear water. i've spent much of the last couple years with bleeding gums, painful esophagus and hurting teeth. when i went to spivak with my concerns, i was basically accused of having an eating disorder& doing anything to lose weight. he talked to me like i was the stupidest woman on the planet. his nurses are nice until you dont agree with him, then they are nasty& have an 'O GOD- here SHE comes attitude'. he insisted everytime i went in that i have an extra $50 xray done and then he'd tell me i was screwed up. i never want to go back to this mans office. i'd rather be fat and not have to face the possibility of esophogial cancer from all the throwing up. i feel robbed of the money i invested. i feel lied too &robbed of happy years i could have spent spending time with family and friends instead of being sick and not wanting to go out for fear of being sick in the middle of a meal or being asked continuously why i cant eat. btw if you believe having him perform a gastric would be any better, be warned... i have a friend that went to him for that purpose and CANNOT eat and digest anything. he has had to see 2 other gastro specialists to correct what spivak has screwed up, including having to have 13 pounds of scar tissue removed from his system.

November 30th, 2009
Dr Spivak is a very intelligent and compitent physician. Unfortunately he is very quick to anger if it turns out you are human (i.e. cheat on your diet sometimes, or don't drink enough water) and after promising weekly support group meetings he quickly changed that to twice a month and then monthly support group meetings.I am very pleased with my lap band result; I am two years and 3 months post-op and I have lost 60 pounds. That may not seem outstanding to you but I only wanted to loose 85-90 lbs total and I set my time goal for 3 years post-op. He's a great medical doc - just not such a great human being.