Dr. Hadley Phillips DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 2nd, 2016
Wonderful
My experience at Phillips eye was amazing. I was able to schedule an appointment within the week. I am a 33 year old patient that was in need of an eye doctor. I was having trouble seeing due to blunt trauma accident. Dr. Hadley Phillips helped me tremendously. I have went to a total of 5 doctors for several opinions and no one was really helpful. Everyone told me that I would loose my eye sight as time progress. Dr. Phillips was the only doctor that gave me hope. I had my surgery with Dr. Phillips and I was able to regain my eye sight. The employees at Phillips eye center was very courteous, the technicians were very helpful. They were very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I recommended Dr. Phillips to everyone that I know. I give Dr. Phillips 10 stars. River Drive Surgery Center staff is fabulous. The check-in progress was quick and swift. Customer service at the front desk was astonishing. 10 star goes to the surgery center as well.

August 27th, 2015
Stay away
I totally agree with two reviews dated in 2013 on this page. This facility run by Mr. Phillips is a money making mill. He messed up both of my eyes. Just find another specialist, this one is highly NOT recommended

A great experience
The entire team and staff, from my inital visit for evaluation all the way through to after the follow up was great. I feel like a completely different person. Dr. Phillips certainly knows what he is doing.

Wonderful office
I was so delighted with the outcome of my cataract surgery. I'm able to see again clearly out of both eyes. The staff is also very comforting, kind, and friendly.

The best!
Thank you for the blessing of my sight! I never saw so beautifully. Dr. Phillips is the best there is!

April 29th, 2013
Money-making mill
Phillips eye center is a well organized, smoothly run operation. I had an urgent situation and got an appointment within a week. The reception staff at the front desk were very pleasant. My technician was nice and well-trained. She did various types of vision testing, including what my optometrist typically does. She explained the anatomy of the eye and what surgery would be like, and patiently answered my questions. She essentially did all of the explanation that an opthamologist might have done in years past prior to becoming a human factory. Another technician gave me a diagnosis, grading the cataract on a scale of 1-4. I hope Dr. Phillips pays his staff well because they definitely deserve good pay for doing essentially what optometrist's do. I was feeling really good about this medical practice until the very end, when I met the salesman and finally Dr Phillips, who both gave me a bad gut feeling. The salesman was giving his sales pitch before the doctor even saw me. How would he know what is best medically? To me the salesman should come after the doctor. Dr. Phillips has a lot of experience and very well may be an excellent surgeon from what I hear, but his bedside manner totally turned me off. After all that testing, it didn't seem like he even looked at my chart before entering the room! He didn't attend to my questions or answer them in a way that would make me feel confident about the outcome. He recommended the more expensive out of pocket options and it seemed like he was more in it for the money making venture than for the caring aspect of medicine. His recommendations could very well be the right options for me, but I didn't feel like I could trust him as putting my best interests before the money. It sounded like if I might need further corrective surgery down the road if I didn't like the outcome. At such high prices, and no payment plan, who can afford that? I was hoping to make an appointment for surgery with Dr Phillips, but I just don't feel comfortable and will look for someone else.