Dr. Hailu Demissachew MD Patient Reviews

• Nephrology Rome, GA

2.6

May 1st, 2017
Rude and VERY unwilling to listen or answer questions.
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Demissachew to anyone and I am totally surprised that Harbin has him in their Clinic. He was very rude to a family member when they asked him a question and I felt that he was not listening to me and really did not care! I am asking my referring Physician to refer me to a different Neurologist outside of the Harbin group. I hope to never have to see a doctor with his attitude and lack of medical professionalism again! I must say his nurse Jolee was very professional and friendly as was the rest of his staff that I talked with.

August 9th, 2012
Dr. Demissachew is the rudest physician I have ever been to. He does not address issues or questions the patient might have.He shows no compassion. I would never recommend this physician to anyone.

March 1st, 2011
He tends to not see me as a person or be willing to explain things to me. He has the attitude that since he is the doctor and I am not, I will not be smart enough to understand what is going on with me.

September 16th, 2008
Typical Doctor Looking Out for the Best Interests of the $$$ in his Wallet
I am a dialysis patient. My regular nephrologist that I see is 60 miles from where I live. I have chosen this doctor, #1 in part because I work near his office, #2 he is very genuine and cares about your health. I am pretty educated about my care and know what I need to do when symptoms arise. One morning I had woke up with significant fluid overload. I didn't feel like driving to Atlanta, so I went to the emergency room in my hometown. I knew I needed a dialysis treatment to get the excess fluid removed. The first words out of Dr. Demissachew's mouth was, "why hadn't I gone to Atlanta." My answer was, "If I had felt like going to Atlanta, I would have. He didn't want to treat me because he was not over my primary care, in short, he wasn't making any money one me. My primary care physician in town, who is also affiliated with the same clinic, told the Dr. Demissachew he, "better do the right thing." Anyway, I got the treatment, I was fine afterwards and happy ever after. He was very rude, inconsiderate and basically tried to call me a liar in the emergency room. Anyway, we took this up further with the Harbin Clinic board of directors in which in went into further review. I would "never" recommend this doctor to anyone. I feel really sorry for the people in Rome, GA who are kidney patients who are limited to this quality of health care.