inactive

Hakim K Said MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 13th, 2016
DIEP
Very talented surgeon, but also busy expect to see student doctors for routine checking up. I am very pleased with my DIEP results.

August 21st, 2015
He is very busy took 3 months to get an appt. He is very good and very personable

August 10th, 2015
This is the kindest doctor very professional but he has a pleasant attitude he is a great doctor but he seems to be a good human being and he is helpful with healthier options when they are available. I really trust this doctor.

August 31st, 2012
Arrogant & ridiculiously late....!!
Had to wait over an hour in the office to see his "team" I left as in the dark as when I arrived. Only to be told I would be emailed details of cost later. Which never happened and was given the runaround after traveling over 800 miles to see him. The was charged more than quoted for appointment. No follow up... :(

June 13th, 2012
Overall quite satisfied
I am thrilled with my results and found Dr. Said to be very easy to talk to. He spent a good deal of time listening to what I needed, and tailoring the surgery to that end.My only complaint has more to do with the overall UW hospital experience. As an attending, Dr. Said allows his PA, residents, and nurses handle many of the post surgical appointments and care. While I have found all of his staff to be very considerate and professional, I have recieved some mixed advice and the lack of effective communication between team members left me with a sense of discontinuity regarding my post surgical care.It is truly my belief that this is caused by the large hospital setting versus a smaller private surgical clinic set up to offer more personalized service.I am very happy with my surgical results however and would be happy to recommend Dr. Said to family or friends(along with the above warning).

May 11th, 2012
Felt violated after seeing Dr. Hakim Said
I felt violated after seeing Dr. Hakim Said. He showed no respect for me at all. When I showed that I felt embarrassed about the damage to my body he didn't care. When I expressed to him the physical pain that I was feeling he showed no signs of caring. He just shrugged it off and said that the ruptured implant was simply rubbing against me. It is so tender there and I can't even sleep on that side or I feel a sharp pain, but he didn't seem to care at all and gave me no solutions. When I told him that I would need to be on a payment plan (which the financial office at UW already confirmed is available), he told me it was not available to me since I was paying out of pocket and continued to tell me (in a disgusted tone) that I could just walk around like this for 6 months or so until I "decided" (in other words could afford) the surgery. Unbelievable! He actually suggested I walk around like this with a ruptured implant inside of me which causes me physical pain, as well as humiliation, until I could afford it when the financial aid office clearly already told me that payment plans are offered to patients after surgery. I have never been treatedlike this by a doctor before. He was so direspectful and had no compassion whatsoever. He could care less. I was just a number to him.

March 6th, 2012
Dr. Said is an excellent surgeon with a very caring bedside manner. I have had surgery with him twice now and and my sister also had a series of surgeries with him. We are both very grateful to have found him and for the care and concern he shows his patients.

November 1st, 2011
Amazing!
Dr. Said performed a breast reduction on me mid October. The procedure was scheduled to take 4 hours. Dr. Said spent 6 hours in surgery ensuring results that I think are truly amazing. Not only did he do what he said he would but he took the time to understand what my expectations were, explaining options etc.During surgery he checked in twice with my family letting them know things were going as planned. He also took the time to call my home upon release to follow up with me to see if I had any questions/concerns. My family also thinks he is fantastic!I would recommend Dr. Said to anyone considering a reduction. The results far exceeded my expectations.

November 9th, 2010
Wonderful Dr.
Although I have waited a long time for him in the past but, the time he spent with me was well worth the wait. He did a 17 hour surgery for me. 15 hours at first and then another 3 hours because he didn't like the way it looked. The doctors that work under him are very conscientious and were very attentive. I highly recommend Dr. Said. If you are looking for someone to spend time with you and make you feel comfortable thru your procedures he is the man for the job. (Breast reconstruction after mastectomy)

June 29th, 2010
Waited 1.5 hours in the exam room after waiting 4 months to get an appointment. Dr. Said may have great technical skills but he could learn some patient communication skills from other surgeons in this practice. Would not recommend.