Emergency Physician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Dissapointing Experience  |  show details
by Vanessa Smith on May 29th, 2013

I suffer with degenerative disk disease and arthritis in my low back. For the most part, im able to keep it under control, i've had this for about 7 years. Every couple of years or so, i do something stupid (this particular time, i went on a cleaning spree which includes sweeping, mopping & vacuuming, all in the same morning); i did these things on Saturday & by Monday i was in a lot of pain getting up and down & by tuesday i could barely walk. I decided to get my sister to take me to the ER in Alma Ga. hoping to get enough relief that i could get some rest, as i was literally in tears everytime i moved. I will review the hospital ER department in a different review, as i know this area is for Dr. London. First of all, when he came into the room he was not very compassionate to my situation, i guess when you treat sick people all the time, maybe you become desensitized or something, i don't know, but as far as im concerned, its unacceptable. He stated he would order a steroid & some pain meds, that was okay with me, my other two trips to the ER over the last seven years resulted in similar medication. I waited about 30 mins, the pain level had dropped from about a 9, to about a 7. The nurse came in an asked if i was feeling any relief, i said just a little, she said on a scale of 1-10, i said about a 7, she walked out. She came back in about 2 minutes later with discharge papers....i was somewhat shocked, i was really hoping to be relieved enough that i could go back home & get a little bit of rest. I pretty much said this to the nurse, & she said she could get the Dr. & let me speak with him, my response, yes please! Dr. London came in & i explained again that i knew what was wrong with my back, but i was really hoping to get enough relief to go home & get some rest. Dr. London very rudely explained to me that there was no medicine that he could give me to make the pain go away, i would just have to deal with it......& went on to further explain that he suffers occasionally from back pain & thats what he has to do, he just has to deal with it. My thought was Really? At this point i was so emotionally drained from the pain, i couldnt tell him what i really wanted to. The difference with this trip to the ER, at least the other two made SURE my pain level was a 3 or less before they sent me on my way. To tell me that you cant give me any medicine to make the pain any better then what you already have, is a complete croc of bull. I would NOT recommend Dr. London to anyone that i care about. Maybe he should specialize in treating patients that abuse tge system, or visit the ER regularly for the sole purpose of getting pain meds.