A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hal Shimazu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hal Shimazu is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hal Shimazu, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cholesterol Management
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Lipid Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shimazu graduated from University of California at Davis. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shimazu has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph Hospital - Orange
- Western Medical Center - Santa Ana
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shimazu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 6 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 95 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 8 plans
- CaIOPTIMA - 6 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 15 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Hal Shimazu practice?
Dr. Hal Shimazu practices Family Medicine near Orange, CA.
See Orange Family Physicians.