Dr. Hala Saleem MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 22nd, 2016
Her practice should be shut down

September 19th, 2015
Dr. Saleem is the best physciatrist. She is very understanding and listens to what works best for you. She treats you like a person not just a patient. She notices when you are getting well and she makes you comfortable to talk to her. She even gives you her cellphone. I recommend her highly if you have PTSD. She is experienced and diagnoses you properly. I have not been able to find a Dr. like her since I moved.

April 21st, 2015
Facilitator
I have been with Dr. Saleem for several years, she is an excellent compassionate Doctor. I am shocked at some of the reviews. Unbelievable comments, doctor Saleem is THE Best Doctor I have visited in Canada. Whatever I have read negative makes me feel they are talking about a different Doctor. If you have concerns ask her, but believe me you won't find easily a caring doctor in the GTA

February 13th, 2015
Everyone is commenting on my change, my happiness and return...
She is wonderful. My first visit was a matter of fact appointment. It was an in and out appointment. To me I took it as a gathering information appointment. The next visit was an evaluation appointment and drug evaluation appointment. She immediately took me off certain medicines and put me on new medicines. I understand that there is a curve in finding the right medicines. I had been to several doctors trying to figure things out. They also had me loopy but my Medical Doctors that you have to go through an adjustment period before you become acclimated to them. I can say that Dr Saleem has gotten to know me and has me on the road of recovery. After suffering depression most of my life, being diagnosed with anxiety by two other doctors and suffering PTSD, also diagnosed from another doctor. Dr Saleem has done wonders for me. Today I am writing a book and I never dreamed I would be able go back to reading and writing. In the last four months I have read about 50 books. Thank you Dr, Saleem.

December 30th, 2013
Go to another dr
I took my son to this dr twice, without talking to him or asking questions she "thought" she had a diagnoses ready with medications. I expressed my concerns, it didn't matter so I never returned nor paid, she wasted both of our time.

July 15th, 2012
Excellent Psychiatrist
We had pretty much exhausted care options and even went to the Bipolar Clinic at Stanford when I met Dr. Saleem. She almost immediately recognized the source of my problems and prescribed appropriate medication. Her treatment made me feel as if I got my life back. She is compassionate, empathetic and encouraging. It may be difficult to find an appointment, but if you walk in she will see you, even if it means skipping her lunch hour. She is well respected in the mental health community, with good reason. I have highly recommended her and will continue to do so.

April 13th, 2012
She always rushed through my daughter's appt. She interrupted every time she tried to speak. We never felt she cared.

June 13th, 2011
Thief
Hala Saleem takes monetary advantage of insurance and the patient. No Rx are prescribed for more than 30 days, you "MUST" make an appt (and pay $400) to get a 30 day refill. No matter what level the dosage is (can be very low dosage) and diagnosis is stable and unmoving. Plus her policy is to have ALL her new patients take drug tests - UNBEKNOWNST to them - that can cost patient out of pocket expense$$$$ AND insurance costs. My recommendation is to RUN FAR AWAY.

April 2nd, 2011
Do NOT go to this Doctor!!
My daughter saw Dr Saleem for about a year. She was over prescribed medications, and would often complain of side effects. Dr Saleem would then prescribe another prescription to counter act the side effects of the previous medications. In all my daughter was on 6 different medications, all on the full doses. She was a zombie, and could no longer drive, go to school, work or function. She expressed her concerns to Dr Saleem, but did not get the help she needed. She decided to end her life by swallowing all the medications Dr Saleem prescribed to her. One of her last phone calls was to Dr Saleem, but she did not bother to call my daughter back. When she was hospitalized, I tried reaching her as well. She did not respond to my call either, even after her death. My advise, do NOT see Dr Saleem!!!!

January 26th, 2011
Caution!
This Doctor, though pleasant-mannered, is the worst physician I've encountered. (And I have an extensive medical history, not to mention am involved professionally with numerous MDs and medical professionals).I saw her for one condition/she mis-diagnosed me with two other more serious problems-despite my previous MDs diagnosis and the fact that I had no related symptoms!She convinced me I needed about 5 different medications-which were constantly changed and increased despite my pleas to decrease them as they were making me emotionally worse and physically ill. My cholesterol tripled, my hair fell out, and my family told me I sounded drunk all the time. I lost over 3 yrs of my life as a vegetable under her direction-lost my business,lost my money, lost my friends (the meds made me agoraphobic/anxious and attempted suicide twice). Her solution? Not enough meds! So, she increased! And I got worse! Finally, I got the strength to change docs and do more research. I found out that I am on a dangerously high dose (more than 3 times average) of one med (for yrs) that you shouldn't take for more than a few weeks. And, was on two meds you can't take at the same time! I've hospitalized myself twice to detox off of these, getting very ill in the process. But, within one month, my cholesterol dropped a bunch, I lost 10 lbs (of the quickly gained 100) and am starting to be able to think again. Yay!In terms of medical office visits-they were always stressful. Nothing I asked for or said was ever considered, the phone always rang, even before saying "How are you today?" it was always-"Let me collect your copay"! Or, since I'm a Medical Professional myself, she would always use my appt time to ask my advice on how to improve HER practice! My husband sat in the Pleasanton and Tracy offices and was shocked at her staff was violating HIPPA regulations and constantly harping to everyone for money-in person, on the phone. He was shocked. Please-dont let her ruin your life and health too!!!! I've a long way to go to get healthy again,(hopefully heart damage will repair itself!) and am looking forward to finding my old self again too. I feel mean saying this; but, to save other people what I went through, here goes: Her license should be pulled!

November 22nd, 2010
I have been seeing dr Saleem for two years now.after having a serious suicidal attempt that landed me in the ICU.I had made few unsuccessful attempts prior to that.But after I was refferred to dr saleem She changed my life.I have a desire to live now and I feel joy in life again.She helped me not only through managing my medication but did councelling as well.She is very easily approachable and remembers you even before looking at your chart.She makes you feel important not just a patient.She really cares.

October 29th, 2010
She is superb especially when it come to diagnosis and treatmet of Bipolar disorder
She has been very good to me.I dont know why somebody felt she is rude and does not listen and talks over you.May be you were not listening to her and saying nonsense so she had to interrupt.When I saw her initially I was manic and was talking incessantly so she had to interrupt.I got vey annoyed but that is how you are when you are manic.Irritable and feel entitled and do not respect authority.I realized that after I got stable.She helped me develop insight into my illness.She is very kind and caring and listens to you.She is very genuinely caring she recommends the traetment that she thinks is best for you even if it is at the cost of loosing the patient.I have been to psychiatrist who do not have thier own opinion they will give the patient whatever they want even it lands them in rehab or the hospital.I ended up in rehab due to irresposible prescribing and then started seeing Dr Saleem afterwards.She disgnosed me correctly and gave me the right medication and addressed my subtance abuse issue.I am out of rehab and have been sober for 4 years.Also I have read a lot about bipolar since she diagnosed me with it.There is a story by some patient on this site who was 16 when she saw dr saleeem and she diagnosed her with Bipolar.The patient claims that dr Saleem prescibed medication for bipolar and that caused her to become bipolar.From what I know from my knowlege it is usually anti depressants and stimulants which cause people to have psychotic and manic episodes.You definitely had side effects from the medicine she prescibed but if you would have continued it you would never have had the manic episode.I bet after you changed the psychiatrist they took you off of the mood stabilizer on your request and gave you an anti depressant which caused you to become manic and go to the hospital. I am sure if you stayed with her and told her that side effects of sleepiness are not going away after 2 months she would have changed you to another mood stabilizer but you would have never ended up in the hospital or would have a psychotic or manic episode.She was right about your diagnosis of Bipolar disorder in my opinion.