Dr. Haleem Chaudhary Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Haleem Chaudhary?

This guy cost me my right leg

Posted on October 12th, 2017

My name is Tim Hopkins and I am 47 years old. I went in for total right knee revision in December 2015. My knee cap was not right after the surgery. The knee cap eventually snapped in half in February 2016. I required another surgery in May 2016. My knee got infected during the surgery performed by Haleem Chaudhary at Christ Hospital bone and spine institute. My knee was never right after the May surgery. I had 6-7 follow up appointments with Chaudhary from June thru October 2016. My wife and I asked him in each appointment why is my knee was so swollen, why am I in so much pain, was my knee infected, was it going thru graph rejection. His answer every time was, “your knee is fine, it just needs to cook, it is not infected, it is not infected”. But my knee was infected and the knee became more infected. Little did I know that I had this large mass of infection living off me. It was embedded in my bone, muscle, ligaments and all tissue. On October 19, 2016, I went to see Chaudhary. I could not walk, was in excruciating pain, leg looked like a red python, had sores on it, could not bend it and was warm to touch. All signs of a deep joint infection. Chaudhary flipped out, I have never been around a physician that acted so unprofessional. I made him drain my knee and asked that he collect himself. His PA drained my knee and took the fluid to him. He came back in the room and said, “good news Tim, your knee is not infected”, “come back in a week and we will have a plan”, “I don’t have time to deal with this today”. I asked him how he knew my knee was not infected, he said, “I just can tell from looking at it”. I made him send the fluid to a lab to get tested, otherwise he would not have done that. The next day I collapsed in my home of Sepsis. I was rushed to UC West Chester in life threatening condition. The ER MD at UC Hospital West Chester said, “you have sepsis levels that we see in deceased people”, “had you done what Chaudhary said you would be dead”. The surgeons at UC tried to save my leg doing two procedures. On October 25th I was advised that my leg needed amputated above the knee or I would die. On October 28th I underwent an above the knee amputation on right leg. I spent 16 days in Hospital and 60 days in wheel chair. My life is forever changed. I was hospitalized in June 2016 because infection returned, required more of my leg amputated in August 2017 and a total left hip replacement in September 2017. Both directly related to Chaudhary’s negligence. I have endured 6 surgical procedures since May 2016, 4 Hospital stays totaling 25 days, required over 100 additional healthcare appointments, have incurred over $400,000 in expenses, it has ruined my healthcare consulting business and I suffer from debilitating depression, anxiety and phantom limb pain. I require 8 medications just to function. The sad thing is Chaudhary knew about what happened to me in October 2016 and did nothing, could not even call me. He offered no assistance to UC Hospital, essentially abandoned me. Beacon and its top Executives know what happened to me and nothing. Chaudhary abandoned me and treated me like a piece of trash. The irony is, he said in October 2015, “I am the best surgeon, I will fix your leg”. Well I no longer have a leg by October 2016. If you want to hear more about my story, please reach out tjhopkins70@aol.com.

Extremely disappointed

Posted on September 26th, 2017

This Dr did a knee replacement on my sister in law today. To begin with he was late, all staff and family had to wait until he arrived. Regardless, his post surgery consultation which is suppose to give family comfort, explanations of how surgery went and post op advise etc. This Dr gave us approximately 40 seconds and was condescending and rude to say the least. He actually walked away from us while we were still asking questions.

No reason to see him again or the practice

Posted on July 2nd, 2017

I found him to be arrogant and for a person whose purpose is to heal or give hope to someone hurting he lacks compassion and the ability to understand another human beings place in life. He needs to remember the saying walk a mile in someone else's shoes before passing judgement. His assistant however was the opposite kind and understanding he could learn from her.

Uni-compartment knee replacement is the best!

Posted on April 13th, 2017

Instead of a total knee replacement as recommended by my general doctor, Dr. Chaudhary recommended a single-sided knee replacement (like a half replacement basically). It worked wonders! The pain was gone immediately after surgery and (I don't think) the recovery was as bad as it would have been with a full replacement.

Total Knee Replacement

Posted on March 24th, 2017

I am ten weeks into total knee replacement. Still have excessive swelling and knee cap pain. I also started experiencing a lot of hip and back pain. After a visit to my chiropractor I discovered that the leg with the new knee is now one and one half inches longer than other leg. I am trying to use a lift in shoe to alleviate pain. Fixed one problem only to create another.

Dr. C: Where cincinnati gets new joints

Posted on December 16th, 2016

seriously, why would you waste your time with someone else? Dr. Chaudhary has done both of my hips, and if I had a third hip, he'd replace that one, too. He is articulate and took the time to educate me on my options and allowed me to choose the best approach to my hip replacements. I knew what was going to happen every step of the process, and both times I was doing PT less than 20-hours after surgery. Also, thanks to the surgical rooms, I spent one night at Beacon for each surgery whereas a friend of mine spent two days in a hospital for her hip replacement and then wound up getting an infection. I cannot laud enough accolades on Dr. C he did outstanding work both times. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

knee replacement

Posted on November 16th, 2016

hes a rock star surgeon to be sure. replaced both of my knees and i am feeling great. i dont think i had any cartilage left on either side and after suffering from severe pain for years i finally decided to get my knees replaced. if you are getting surgery why go to someone other than the very best? i am so thankful that i chose chaudhary.

GOOD SURGEON, BUT TERRIBLE WITH POST SURGERY CARE

Posted on September 27th, 2016

Posted on July 23rd, 2016

Glad I had this doctor.

I'm free from hip pains now!!

Posted on February 5th, 2016

Very professional. Top notch doc. I went to another practice and was told there was basically nothing they could do. I got sick of living in constant shooting hip pain. I couldn't sleep at night or really drive my truck because pain was so bad. Chaudhary knew what the problem was from the MRI and recommended surgery. I went under in Nov after we met our deductable and I am now sleeping through the night and free from hip pains.

Doctor Chaudhary Undid 32-years of Karate damage. Amazing!

Posted on January 5th, 2016

Three decades of karate wore my hips out. Dr Chaudhary performed both of the procedures and I am amazed at how great I feel! I'm slowly getting back into martial arts and I can tell that my hip surgeries have made a huge difference. There is no more pain, inflammation, or difficulty standing.

Knee replacement

Posted on January 4th, 2016

Knee replacement by Dr Chaudhary in late 2014. Everything was great. He is a class act.