Dr. Halima Ghafoor MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Trinity, FL

2.9

November 10th, 2016
Should not be a Doctor
This woman should not be a Doctor. She can't get anything right.Her help is as dumb as a box of rocks.

October 14th, 2016
First Time Patient waited 3 weeks to get my first visit. I really Like this Dr. Allot different than others. Has a since of Humor !!!!!! If you dont like her comments go to another Doctor :)

August 19th, 2016
I agree with all the negative reviews!!!!

July 12th, 2016
WORST SO CALLED DOCTOR I HAVE EVER TALKED TO
My husband was referred to this so called doctor by the hospital. The hospital diagnosed him with hyperthyroidism, prehypertension, and possible thyroid cancer. The hospital wanted him to be seen within 2 days. They would not give him an appointment for 9 days because he was a new patient. When we go to the office, I fill out the new patient packet and handed it to the lady at the desk. She laid it down and lost it. Finally find the paperwork, back to get vitals. the nurse put the blood pressure cuff around the middle of his forearm. I made her move it to where the bp is taken, came back exactly as the hospital said prehyprtensive, she said oh its fine. To a room then. we tell her he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, she inputs hypo. I correct her. the so called doctor came in said, who is your insurance company, I said I don't have insurance, I will be paying cash for everything. she shut his file and said what do you want me to do then. I explain to her what the hospital said. she said the hospital are idiots and don't know what they are talking about. she said my husband was obviously and alcoholic, HE DOESNT EVEN DRINK. I told her he was drinking juice when the thyroid swelled, she said no hes an alcoholic. then she said I told her he had a fever so it must be an infection. I told her I never said he had a fever and the hospital checked for infection and it was not infected. she said well you should let just take him to the hospital and let them deal with his problem. she said I can look at him and tell it isn't cancerous and he doesn't have a thyroid issue. she said I don't care what the hospital blood work says. do you even have enough money to pay for blood work when I prescribe them? she asked what he was on for the bp. I said the hospital said you would give him something. she said eh his bp is fine. she told me again to take him to the hospital. she changed his diagnosis to hypothyroidism because his mother has it. she said that's what she wants it to be and doesn't want to lose her license for a misdiagnosis. she is a jerk. I have never been treated this horribly. I will never go to her again. if I have to choose between her and the dog, I will talk to the dog about my medical condition.

November 23rd, 2015
Most ins. co's have dropped her!
This woman is an animal for money! NO regard for the patients, and she complains more than examines. Limit of 2 minutes with her. She even advertises in the flyer, the rag that they throw in your driveway. I have seen her staff schedule at least 6 patients for the same time. Wait is 2 hours sometimes, but don't stay in the examine room for more than 2 minutes, she gets NASTY!

October 16th, 2015
THIS WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR. SHE IS SO RUDE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. SHE HAS NO COMPASSION AND IS OUT FOR THE MONEY ONLY. I WOULD NOT LET HER TAKE MY CAT.

October 14th, 2015
patient
This woman is a all about working the system for money. Lazy and rude staff. Books 7 or more people for 10:00 appointments, but you don't get seen until about 3-4 hours after your appointment time, EVERYTIME she has had an emergency, if she bothers to apologize. 2 minutes is all you get to explain your symptoms, and God forbid that you have any questions!!! She throws a fit and walks out saying that she should never have gone into private practice! (She is right too) You wait for hours in the waiting room with the other patients only to find out that nobody like her! Leave a comment if you have seen this arrogant freak. She advertises that she takes all of these insurances, but the fact is that the insurance companies stopped taking HER, since she is irresponsible and causes more trouble and money for them.

August 25th, 2015
Loser
Don't go to this loser. She loses patience and then dismisses you. I am glad she did, because I was ready to fire her. Very unintelligent and don't waste your time or money with this self pity Dr. that just wants to take the easy way out. She's a witch.

May 5th, 2014
Great doctor, excellent experience
Dr. Ghafoor has been wonderful to me and my family over the years. Everyone I know I refer to her. Dr. Ghafoor has been taking care of us since she moved to Florida. Being a fellow New Yorker it was great to meet a doctor from the areas in NYC that I was familiar with. She's helpful, professional and most importantly she's real. She'll tell it like it is. I've read some negative reviews and all I have to say is, wait times are the norm, I've never waited more than 15 minutes longer than my scheduled appointment time. And a full lobby/a lot of people waiting to see her must mean a good thing. For those that are unhappy, simply find another doctor, better for my wife, older children (30's and 40's) and myself.

February 12th, 2014
the worst doctor!
This lady is crazy! I've left her office in tears multiple times. I have a rare brain malformation and a rare spine disorder she doesn't even know how to pronounce either conditions. I'm in pain constantly my spine is being torn apart from the inside out I recently had brain surgery to stop progression of my chiari malformation which is basically my brain slipping into my spinal cord. A few weeks after my surgery I was having a hard time my home life was falling apart i was sick and in pain and during my surgery my surgeon forgot to tape my eyes and i was blinded i went to ghafoor seeking help and she told me to get over my self. I was confiding in my doctor and she treated me terribly my husband was furious with how this doctor treated me! She won't listen to a thing you have to say she outs down anything you say. She schedules appointments for follow ups and asks you why your there rudely. She's the worst! I have so many horror stories with this woman she's extremely unprofessional and rude. Also its always a 3 hour wait just to be seen. I've never been treated so horribly from a doctor. Please beeare of this doctor. If you want quality health care RUN FROM THIS CRAZY LADY!

January 30th, 2014
can not believe the way I was treated. I left this office with rising blood pressure no answers and mis diagnosis never again!!!!!!1

June 4th, 2013
Terrible Doctor to me and my father in law
She started out ok and then as my condition kept persisting she got tired of me. She complained about how people down here are drug seekers and she then turned around and gave me two prescriptions for narcotics which I did not want. I had gone back to her a few times because my pain would not stop and I felt that I needed further tests done. She said to me that she did not know what to do for me anymore. She never once sent me for any blood work to try and work towards finding out what was wrong with me and she would not write me referrals to see specialists. She was done with me and she made that very clear. I wound up changing doctors. My new doctor wound up sending me for test and referred me to specialists and it turns out I might have Lupus. Dr Ghafoor was dismissing me thinking I was a hypochondriac and that there was nothing wrong with me, when in fact there is a problem and she refused to believe it. I regret recommending her to my father in law. Now on to that subject. He has been seeing her for a couple of years. He recently landed in the hospital for a bad head injury from a fall. My husband being understandably upset and concerned wanted to talk to her about what was going on. The first thing she says to my husband when she gets on the phone is that my father in laws insurance doesnt want to pay her for his last visit to her. Really?! This is what you say to someone who has a parent in the hospital in serious condition? She gave my husband a hard time and she did not want to be bothered. She got annoyed because my father in law got an operation done because she didnt agree with the other doctors. Now that my father in law is in the rehab she has not bothered to go see him, and she has told my husband that once he is out of the rehab she is dropping him as a patient. I wonder when she was going to inform us of this. She has no grounds to drop him as a patient. My mother in law even used her briefly and every time I have gone to see Ghafoor she has complained to me about her and tells me what she did for her which I believe is a violation of HIPAA laws.I have already recommended my new primary doctor to my husband and I am going to recommend him to my father in law as well. As far as the office staff goes, there has been maybe one or two people that have been there for the past few years otherwise she has constantly had new people. There is only one nice girl that works there otherwise the rest usually have attitudes and cannot be bothered. Must be something in the air at that office. Stay away from this doctor. She cannot be trusted to give you proper care and she cannot be trusted to not tell anyone what you tell her or with what services she provides for you.