A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Halward Blegen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Halward Blegen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Blegen graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Blegen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Jordan Hospital Inc
- Boston Medical Center
- Rehabilitation Hospital of the Cape & Islands
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Blegen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans