Hamid R Djalilian MD Patient Reviews

October 26th, 2016
Great Knowledge and Insight, but Some Concerns
I visited Dr. Djalilian for a very strange cluster of inner ear and nervous system problems. Dr. Djalilian was quick to identify my problem as being an otic migraine. I did not have additional tests done, most likely because I had most of the necessary ones done beforehand. But it was still a little strange that nothing, aside from an overview of symptoms, was performed. In any case he knew the condition in depth, and seemed to know how to treat it well, and said that my symptoms were a textbook example of an otic migrane. I was placed on a migraine diet and a medication. Over the next couple of months my condition deteriorated and my 'migraines' became more severe, even when placed on a second medication. I was referred elsewhere and told that Dr. Djalilian could not provide more insight. So unfortunately, it is not known if the diagnosis was correct. My main concern with Dr. Djalilian was not the diagnosis (which was respectable given what evidence was available) but his handling of prescription meds. I was placed on a migraine med known to be dangerous and one which had a lot of FDA warnings surrounding it. None of these warnings were communicated to me, and I became much sicker as a result of the drug, and had to wait (too long) to taper. While I know Dr. Djalilian meant well, I believe patients should use discretion before starting on a med. prescribed, especially any kind of migraine med.

July 8th, 2016
Great acoustic neuroma surgeon
I had an acoustic neuroma removed by Dr. Djalilian and his team last week. My tumor was more than 3 cm (like 1 1/4inch) and my facial nerve is completely normal. I was so worried about it and lost sleep for days thinking about it. He did an awesome job!

October 20th, 2015
The Best
Phenomenal surgeon who was the perfect 'revision revisionist' for botched tympanoplasties.

October 12th, 2015
I am so thankful I found this doctor. He took the time to look at all my symptoms and he listened to me. I was misdiagnosed several times and could not find a treatment or relief. If you are experiencing chronic dizziness, I highly recommend him!

October 28th, 2014
This Doctor refuses to listen to his patients.
Refuses to listen to his patients, and has his diagnosis ready before even looking or listening to his patient.

December 3rd, 2013
Rushed and dismissed
I'll start off with genuinely saying that I had high hopes due to many positive reviews. He is definitely not the caring doctor I hoped and prayed for. He is quite dismissive and very quick to pigeon hole a "migraine" diagnosis. He did not listen to me and my symptoms, rather he went of the scans and *a few* of my symptoms - not the whole picture - namely, what I was saying, what I was suffering with and experiencing.

November 16th, 2013
Surfers ear
I'am an avid surfer and was dreading being out of the water for more than a few weeks, but dr hamid got me back surfing in 3 weeks. Very little pain, and I did both ears. He goes straight in, no cutting off your ears...

July 31st, 2013
Cochlear Implant Specialist
We had an amazing experience with Dr Djillian and the team at UCI Medical Center. This was our first experience there and we had several appointments with various departments, all were very very good. Today our daughter was implanted and a mere few hours later we are home with our very happy 3 year old!! It's truly a miracle! Thank you Dr for your skills and consultation, we are eternally greatfull!

September 29th, 2011
Dr Djilillian is simply the best.

May 31st, 2011
Came from Las Vegas - well worth it.
I came to see Dr. Djalilian from Las Vegas. I am old and was told by the doctors in Las Vegas that there was nothing I could do with my hearing loss and that I had to use hearing aids. One of them told me that I needed a cochlear implant. I went to Dr. Djalilian at University of California in Irvine. He took one look at my ears and said that I had scar tissue that had closed off my ear canal. He said he can open it and help me. I came back for the surgery a few weeks later. He used skin from the back of my ear and some silicone pieces to open the ear canal. Six weeks later, I could hear without my hearing aid - it was amazing! I am so glad I made the trip.

August 8th, 2010
I saw Dr. Djalilian after having seen 6 other ear specialists in other states and in Southern California. He looked at my CAT scan thoroughly and saw what was causing my problem. It was a tiny defect in the bone which was the culprit, which had been missed by the other doctors. After another test, he confirmed his diagnosis and did my surgery. I am finally free of the pulsing sound I heard in my ear that was driving me crazy.

February 3rd, 2010
best ear surgeon in orange county
We saw Dr. Djalilian after seeing multiple other surgeons. He spent time with us and explained the anatomy and the procedure in detail and made sure we understood everything. We had absolute confidence in him and were very happy with the results. He is definitely the best ear doctor in orange county, and probably Southern California.