Dr. Hamid Kamran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

no change

January 12th, 2016
Will NEVER see this dr again. He never made eye contact with me during my follow up visit after my colonoscopy (which is a story in itself). He told me that I had a pre-cancerous polyp. I asked him to explain, because I had been treated for breast cancer the previous year. His explanation was that I would need to come back in 5 years rather than 10. My husband had seen him for a c & an EGD. The dr wanted him to do a pill cam. We said ok (this was before my follow up appt). They said it would take about 3 weeks for it to approve through insurance. 2 months later they finally called to schedule it. Later that same day, they called him back and told him that they didn't have any of the cameras and would have to reschedule it when they came in. It's now 2 months after that and they still haven't called. We have now found a new dr.

October 10th, 2015
If it hadn't been for my husband's appt, I would have never met the dr. before my procedure. He never came to my bedside prior to my being taken back to the procedure room. The procedure was about 1 1/2 hours behind schedule. He stopped at the person's bed beside mine and told her that they would be taking her back in about 20 minutes and apologized for the delay. They took her back about and hour later. When I went in for my follow up, he never even made eye contact. He told me I had a pre-cancerous polyp and that I needed to follow up in 5 years, I tried to get a further explanation. My response was you just said pre-cancerous to someone who had cancer last year...what does that mean? He didn't give a very good answer and again never even looked at me. He looked at the computer the whole time. When I questioned why he never came to my bedside prior to the procedure, he said that he NEVER goes to a patients bedside prior to a procedure to protect HIPPA. I told him that he went to the bed of the person beside me and that he came to my husband's bed prior to his procedure. He just kept denying it. I will find a new physician to do my exam in 5 years. I will not go back to someone who does not respect me as a patient.

August 14th, 2015
Unhappy
I have been seing Dr. Kamran for several months. I have always had to wait a hour or more to see him after my scheduled appointment time. The visit this week I had to wait almost two hours to see him. He did not acknowledge the excessive wait time. I have witnessed patients very upset, yelling, and walking out due to the excessive wait times. He bedside manner is uncaring and aloof. He rather look at his laptop than you and answer your questions about your care. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

May 15th, 2013
very good doctor
Dr. Kamran is a good doctor and has staff is very helpful a good experience for a doctor appt. Tthey fit me in the same day I called for the appt.

August 5th, 2009
Worst doctor I have ever been to
Not only did I have to wait 2.5 hrs after my appt time to see the doctor, but when I did, he was rude and belittling. After the procedure, after telling me that he had no idea what was wrong with me, he told me to come back in six weeks when he got back from vacation. And now I can't get anyone to call me back about getting copies of my medical records!

January 17th, 2009
Dr. Kamran
Dr. Kamran has superb credential and exhibits a caring professional manner. I would recommend him to all patients that need gastrointestinal screening, diagnostics and treatment.