inactive

Hamilton R Fish MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 31st, 2016
The best endochrinogist in the area
My wife and I both see Dr Fish and what impressed us most is how he was able to convince us that taking care of our diabetes is our responsibility. A simple thing but often overlooked by people who think that as long as they are under the doctors care they can eat whatever they want and make no effort to take an active part in their glucose control. My wife has been able to get completely off of oral medication and now controls her diabetes by diet alone. I think that's remarkable yet so simple. One of our neighbors is a type 1 diabetic since her teens. She told us years ago when we were diagnosed that we should never go to a general practitioner for diabetes treatment. She referred us to her endocrinologist and we have been going to one ever since. If you want someone to pat you on the head, tell you what you want to hear and waste your money then look elsewhere. If you really want to manage your glucose and get control of your life then you need to see an endocrinologist. We would highly recommend Dr Fish. He also doesn't does not believe in wasting your money (including your health insurance) on unnecessary treatment. So if you want your A1C checked once a week, there again look elsewhere. We both can't say enough good things about him. He is brutally honest as the expression goes. I've seen two dieticians over the years and I once asked Dr Fish if maybe it was time to see a dietician again. He looked me in the eye and said...and what is a dietician going to tell you that you don't already know. I love this guy and the people in the office are great.

July 10th, 2015
A+
Very happy with my experience with this Dr. and office staff. Very professional and knowledgeable! I would highly recommend Dr. Fish to anyone who has diabetes.

September 10th, 2013
Dr. Fish is knowledgeable and proficient. A very scary procedure was almost painless in his skilled hands. His office staff is efficient and very caring.

July 30th, 2013
Professional
Other than a long drive which was actually very nice I felt Dr. Fish was thorough in looking over my records and pinpointing what we need to look further into regarding what he felt was of most importance at this time concerning my particular and specific condition. I appreciated his professionalism and that he took time to read through records and ask specific questions regarding my health and also provide an exam as well. Pam up front was very informative, friendly, helpful and professional. Following up with a current MRI that will show him in more detail regarding an important issue concerning my health. Would recommend and thankful my Dr. Had given me a referral so to address certain endocrine issues.

May 1st, 2013
Excellent endocrinologist
I had a neighbor in PA who is a juvenile diabetic. She told me that I should always go to an endocrinologist after I was diagnosed with diabetes. When I did, he immediately took me off of oral medication that had been prescribed by my family doctor after one blood test. I was then instructed on how to maintain glucose levels through healthy and smart eating. When I moved to Florida 10 years ago I was fortunate to find Dr Fish. I look for excellence in a physician. Many diabetics look for doctors who tell them what they want to hear. You can take all the bedside manner in the world and what good does it do if your doctor is mediocre at best and incompetent at worst regarding diabetes. I don't care whether a Dr pats me on the head and tells me what I want to hear. I want the very best physician available and when it comes to diabetes, Dr Fish is the best.

November 13th, 2012
Very rude, condensding, unapprocable,
did not greet the patients in a friendly manner, was very rude, did not allow any questions. very very rude i can't believe it. Lacks manners and personal awerness. no eye contact no respect.

July 10th, 2012
So thankful for good medicine
You will love the office. I did! The service I give a rating of 10 out of 10. Tell others as there are countless of medical students that graduate every year and they sure would be lucky to shadow Dr. Fish!

February 17th, 2012
diabetic spec.
THE BEST THEIR IS.

May 17th, 2011
nancy
my only complain is that I have to give myself almost two hour's to get to his office otherwise I am very happy with his services and his staff. thank you all. I'm happy with dr.fish.

June 29th, 2010
Dr. is very impatient. He would not explain things and seemed like he was always in a rush and not willing to listen about my concerns.