Cardiothoracic, Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Recommend Dr Shnnib very highly.  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

My husband and I came to Dr Shennib with his difficult health issues, the doctor understood and began working on the problem right away. It has been long and complicated but Dr Shennib has hung with us and worked with us and we feel very confident under his care. He spends time with us and truely cares about his patients and the out come of their procedures. My husband sees many doctors and Dr Shennib is one of the very best!

|  Excellent !!!!  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr. Shennib was borrowed from heart institute to perform my surgery (quadruple bypass heart surgery), I felt quite privileged that he accepted to do this. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone needing heart surgery! He is personable,compassionate, caring and very thorough.

|  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

On Feb. 16, 2012 Dr. Shennib performed a heart valve replacement and bi-pass, then later a pace maker, on my father at Mountain Vista Hospital in Mesa, AZ. While going into surgery, my father went into full cardiac arrest. Had it not been for Dr. Shennib's quick action and abilities, my father would not have survived. Dr. Shennib was able to successfully complete the operation through the use of modern medical procedures (ie: balloon pump, external pace maker, respirator, etc.). My father was in intensive care for 19 days. Dr. Shennib's bedside manner and follow-up was excellent. He checked on my father daily and took the time to answer all of our questions, explaining things in a way that we could understand. He truely showed compassion and concern for my father and our family. My father is recovering and thanks to Dr. Shennib, we will have the joy of spending more precious time with my father. Our entire family would like to express our gratitude to Dr. Shennib. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing heart surgery!

|  Poor Patient Care and Follow Up  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

I have been in the medical field 17yrs and never have come across someone so arrogant and selfish MD.My father-n-law had an Arteriovenous Shunt placed by MD at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. The MD stated it would be less than hour if no complications exsisted. After 3 hrs I didn't recieve any update regarding post care from MD. This lack of professional courtesy is a demostration of lack of care of his patients. The follow up visit, by my father-n-law was more of a nightmare at his office. The wait time was over 1hr late in office with no concern for offices tardiness. As patients, we all have rights and are obligated to state when we are treated with lack of utmost concern. I would never refer or recommend a patient to this MD, his years of expierence should compliment how to provide better patient care.

|  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

He performed triple bypass surgery on me in 2009. Since one of the grafts was not done correctly, I needed to have three stents put in December 2010.

|  Fantastic Surgeon  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr. Shennib has vast experience with surgeries of the chest. I had a rare condition that required surgery of the esophagus and stomach, and it is difficult to find a surgeon with enough experience in these surgeries. Dr. Shennib had done over a hundred of them, and I felt very comfortable with him performing my surgery. The most important thing to me is the result and quality of the surgery. I strongly recommend Dr. Shennib. My condition is reversed and I am extremely satisfied with how I feel and function. My referring physician told me that he would trust Dr. Shennib to do his surgery if he required one. Coming from a fellow doctor, I felt this was very reassuring. I would say the same thing to anyone who needs an operation in the delicate area of the chest. You can trust that Dr. Shennib will do a fantastic job and treat you well and take comfort that he has done these surgeries many many times with great results.