Overall Review

3.2

July 1st, 2014
Excellent Physician
I had been going to Dr. Stawowy for years and I was very pleased with the care and medical treatment I received from her. I moved out of the area 4 years ago but still visit, so that I made an appointment to see her for my routine check-up. Dr. Stawowy is professional, well-versed, and direct. As a previous commenter said, she is not there to baby you. If she says something about your weight, thank God she cares enough to do so. Her recommendations have been spot on.

February 19th, 2014
Professional, current, well skilled
Dr. Stawowy has received some negative reviews online. I decided to write this review because I felt they were unfair. My experience with her as my gyn doc has been great. Upfront, she's direct and doesn't coddle you. That's what my family is for, coddling and emotional support, not my doctor. I want a physician that's well spoken, direct, current and skilled. After seeing her for a couple of years, I developed a precancerous condition. Once diagnosed, I verified her treatment recommendations by reading studies/articles from Mayo Clinic, etc. She was spot on! Now, I'm cancer risk free thanks to her prompt skilled treatment. Great patient education, too! Patients should be assertive and proactive, not passive victims of healthcare. Dr. Stawowy is a skilled professional.

January 6th, 2014
Review of HANIA W. STAWOWY
I have been a patient at her practice for years. I decided last year to switch to her despite the previous comment about her hurting her patients. I just wanted to see someone with good credentials and thought "I've been going getting exams for YEARS, how could it be painful?" Well, she hurt me very bad during the exam, but the pain was even more unbearable when I got home. I spotted blood from her rough exam and was doubled over in pain for about 2 days!!! I have never experienced this before, this was supposed to be a routing checkup. I don't understand how someone like this could still be practicing. My advise is to use a different physician and save yourself the pain.

January 21st, 2013
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Stawowy. She's absolutely wonderful at what she does. She's very direct and to the point, is always thorough, and always listens to whatever questions or concerns I may have. The only problem I have is with the office itself. The staff are not always the nicest, are horrible when it comes to returning phone calls, and more often than not seem to do more standing and sitting around rather than actual work.

April 1st, 2012
Extremely painful exam
I have been a patient at that practice for more years than I can remember. Dr. Kimble delivered my last child. However, after my last regular annual exam I am done with that practice. Dr. Stawowy hurt me so bad during a normal pelvic exam that I was in pain for two days afterward. While I was on the exam table, she also did a surprise rectal exam without any warning. It hurt so much that I cried. She was cold, uncaring and I have never had such a painful experience. She also didn't fail to mention the little bit of weight I gained. She was more concerned by a few extra pounds than her bedside manner. It was a horrible experience and I am currently looking for another practice. I actually am now afraid to get a pelvic exam.Avoid her at all costs!!

September 21st, 2011
Cold, dismissive and questionable
She was incredibly cold, things that should have been recorded as unknown were recorded as a no, dismissive, and overall lacking. Wish the NA was the doctor.Went in for pain in my abdomen and annual exam.

February 17th, 2011
A caring and knowledgable physician
After several appointments with another physician for a chronic problem I have been having, I was referred by my friend to see Dr. Stawowy. She spent a great deal of time with me and with medical therapy was able to help me with my problem.

August 11th, 2010
I'm finding a new doctor
I went to Dr Stawowy for about 8 years and am now finding a new doctor. I feel like a piece of meat at that office. The last straw was when she performed a procedure on me that was quite painful, although she didn't warn me it would be painful and actually made it sound like it would be no problem. Then I was left sitting out in the waiting area, in pain, for about an hour until the ultrasound person could see me. And my GP says the procedure wasn't necessary after all.

September 29th, 2009
I would not recommend Dr Stawowy to anyone. She is extremely painful and does not do her work with any care. She doesn't make her patient feel comfortable or see if they have any questions. Overall she's very cold and does her work without being gentle.

February 19th, 2009
First and last visit
You think that if you go to a female doctor that she will be more sensitive. My visit with Dr. Stawowy was a very painful experience. She insulted me during my exam and when she discovered that St. Peter's did not take my insurance she practically kicked me out of her office. Avoid her at all costs.