2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Almost died show details Almost died
May 3rd, 2016

i was a patient for several years; he would always tell me that I am doing fine. He had done stress test; he told me the results were good. I went to see my primary care doctor for a physical and she questions is my cardiologist had talked to me about my results. I said that he had; I had seen him recently. She persisted, you need to have him explain your test results. Her facial expression let me know that something was not right. I immediately rushed to his office and insisted that I see Dr. L. I questioned him about my results; he thumbed through the papers and responded, oh yeah. Well we will just watch your heart for now. I say, no you are not going to watch my heart. I made an e appointment with another cardiologist in another city and he treated my heart aggressively and my heart is doing so much better. I would not every recommend Dr.L to anyone. He seems to be in this for the money.

Misinterpretation of Stress Test results/ Diagnosis show details Misinterpretation of Stress Test results/ Diagnosis
Jan 24th, 2013

Started by explaining my stress test was normal, i completed the 5 minutes without difficulty, I'm young and my heart is very healthy. And he told me the scans were normal. What this MD didn't expect was that I asked for a copy of the Cardiolte Stress Test that he dictated and his diagnosis on that copy were totally different than what he told me at my appt. When I explained I had read the results already and asked why he wasn't telling the result information that he dictated on the stress test, he re-opened the chart and re-stated I only was able to complete 2minutes of the test due to high hear rate and shortness of breath. Even during the test he stated I had a lot of arrthymias. And in the results he also stated I had an old MI and left ventricular hypertrophy. I asked why he was not telling me about these things if they were important enough to document and he back-tracked again and re-phrased himself to say they were "borderline." The results do not say borderline. He kept telling me to trust him. But if I had never gotten that copy of the results, I would've never known what he actually "never" said. I'm ver disappointed at this MD for withholding this very important information from me. What if I had another heart attack and didn't have this info to give to the treating MDs. Very unprofessional.

Poor Communication show details Poor Communication
Apr 3rd, 2012

Although he seems like a nice man, Dr. H. Lakireddy says things like, "You have had a heart attack, but your heart is okay," and then refuses to explain the statement. He says, "I did not tell you you had a heart attack? I am sorry." (The test had been done 4 months prior.)When I asked him to explain the tests and results, he says, "Your heart is alright. That is all we say. We don't say any more than that."