Dr. Hannah Brooks MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Middletown, NY

• Good
  • Bad

January 9th, 2017
Dr, Brooks is the best. She listens to you, answer your questions and is very professional. I recommend her to all my friends and family.

January 25th, 2016
Not only is Dr. Brooks extremely smart, she is also deeply caring and compassionate. She treats her patients as individuals (not statistics), and is truly thoughtful in her advice and analysis. Receiving a diagnosis of breast cancer is terrifying. Dr. Brooks helped me to put that diagnosis into good perspective and to understand in depth what the results meant, what the treatment options were and both context and good reasons for each choice. She is truly gifted at what she does.

August 1st, 2015
A TALE OF HORROR
I WENT TO DR.BROOKS FOR A BIOPSY OF MY BREAST.I WAS NERVOUS AND SCARED,I ENTERED THE ROOM LAID BACK ON TABLE WAS GIVEN NUMBING MEDICATION AND BEFORE IT TOOK ,DR.BROOKS STARTED THE BIOPSY.SHE HAD TROUBLE AND HIT A BLOOD VESSEL AND I BLEED ALL OVER,SHE WAS IN A RUSH TO GET TO HER NEXT JOB IN CORNWALL,NY.AFTER IT WAS OVER I CAME HOME AND THE TAPE THAT I TOLD HER ON MY FORMS THAT I WAS ALLERGIC TO IS WHAT SHE PUT ON ME.I HAD TO RETURN THAT DAY TO HAVE ALL BANDAGES REMOVED AND REDONE.IN A FEW DAYS I WAS CALLED AND SHE TOLD ME I DID "NOT" HAVE CANCER,SHE EVEN SHOWED ME THE REPORT,SHE SHOWED ME WHERE THE CLIP WAS PLACED AND THAT IT ALL WAS OK.SHE WOULD SEE ME IN 6MONS.I FELT SO HAPPY ,NO CANCER.IN A FEW DAYS SHE CALLED AGAIN TO SAY ,I NEEDED A DIFFERENT KIND OF BIOPSY THAT SHE DON'T DO SO I NEEDED TO GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.I WENT TO DYSON CANCER CENTER ,WHERE THEY TOLD ME DR.BROOKS HAD DONE A BIOPSY IN THE WRONG PART OF MY BREAST AND AFTER THEY DID THE BIOPSY AGAIN FOUND OUT I "DID " HAVE CANCER.I WAS ALSO TOLD I NEEDED ANOTHER BIOPSY ON MY OTHER BREAST THAT I MIGHT ALSO HAVE CANCER THERE AS WELL,AFTER A THIRD BIOPSY FOUND OUT THAT SIDE WAS CANCER FREE,SO I HAD TO HAVE BREAST CANCER SURGERY .IF I DIDN'T GO TO DYSON CANCER CENTER WOULD HAVE NEVER FOUND OUT THAT I EVEN HAD CANCER.DR.BROOKS WAS UNCARING AND EVEN HAD A ARGUMENT WITH THE NURSE IN THE ROOM THE DAY OF MY BIOPSY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND MY DAUGHTER WHO WAS WITH ME.THEY WANTED TO GET TO CORNWALL HOSPITAL AND WERE RUNNING LATE.IT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.I ALSO SPOKE TO SEVERAL OTHER PATIENT'S OF HER AND THEY ALSO TOLD ME SOME BAD AND PAINFUL THINGS THAT HAPPENED TO THEM WHILE IN HER CARE.I AM WRITING THIS IN HOPES THAT EVEN IF I CAN SAVE ONE WOMAN FROM GOING THROUGH THE PAINFUL TIME I HAD WITH USING DR.BROOKS IT WILL BE WORTH IT .IF YOU DO GO TO HER AND SHE SAYS AND EVEN SHOWS YOU THAT YOU ARE CANCER FREE PLEASE GET ANOTHER OPINION.

February 21st, 2017