Hans Coester Is this you?

Have you seen Hans Coester?

March 9th, 2016

Awesome doctor

Dr Couster and his staff do everything possible to make you feel at ease and well informed

February 15th, 2016

Highly Recommended

I was referred to Dr. Coester for a diagnosis about growing pain in both legs which had begun to seriously limit my activities; climbing stairs had become quite difficult. When he showed me a portion of the MRI scan in my lower back that identified the problem, it was shocking to see how small the spinal cord appeared; it was barely visible, compared to views at normal vertebra. He explained that the two adjoining vertebrae (lumbar L4 and L5) had become misaligned and were compressing the nerves causing the pain in my legs. A cyst extruded from the region. He proposed a lumbar fusion to realign the two vertebras and anchor them together using titanium screws. At the same time, he would remove the cyst and decompress the nerves. The surgery took place at Medical Center of the Rockies and the procedure took about two hours. It is clear from his notes of the operation that I was very fortunate to have such a highly skilled neurosurgeon who “tediously dissected the synovial cyst…” and “…thoroughly decompressed the traversing nerve roots.” The knowledge and experience required to carry out such a delicate procedure are immense and I am so grateful that Dr. Coester had those skills. I can happily report that recovery of the fusion is proceeding well; all the leg pain has disappeared and I am regaining use of forgotten leg muscles. Dr. Coester was charming and informative at all times, answering questions fully, illustrating the procedure with 3-dimensional models. This is a superior doctor who is highly skilled at what he does. I would enthusiastically recommend him to anyone needing his services.

December 9th, 2013

I have meant to write a review for Dr. Coester. years ago. Seven yrs ago I found out that I had Degenerative Disc Disease in my neck. I was in severe pain, the nerves in my shoulders, arms and it also effected my legs and ability to walk. After Dr. Coester performed and replaced and fixed 4 disc. within one and a half weeks I found that I was able to walk and walk faster around the lake. To get dressed. No PAIN. As for the bedside manner a little lacking, but I believe his expertise on what he does as a surgeon is very well worth it. I would recommend him to anyone.

November 1st, 2013

Dr. Coester performed successful surgery on me 12 years ago. Recently in an auto accident, I requested a follow up visit and MRI to ensure no adverse impact. The visit was smooth with very brief actual Dr. time slot. The MRI was performed and I waited. I actually picked up the CD and report before I heard back from the Dr.Office. I had to CALL the Doctor MYSELF. I was not allowed to talk to the Dr. and was not offered a follow up appointment to discuss the results. I had to request what results were. I was told I would be referred to TWO doctors for some kind of test and NEVER heard from those DRs. I decided to see an expert in Denver where they COMMUNICATE with Patients.

April 5th, 2013

back

August 28th, 2012

Avoid at all cost!

One of thee most unprofessional doctor that I have ever come across.Bedside manner, does not lead to trust with this guy. With only 57% satisfaction rating on Health Grades I don't understand why this man still has job dealing with patients. Maybe he is technically proficient, but he should not have interactions with patients.

March 16th, 2012

Physical Therapist

Dr. Hans Coester, MD performed meticulous surgery on my back nearly 10 years ago. I had 4 bulging discs and one completely herniated (extruded) disc compressing a nerve in my back. I was in excruciating pain with nerve damage. Everything healed beautifully, and to this day (with effective physical therapy) I am 100%! After all these years I still remember how gentle and caring he was prior to and after my surgery. I chose him because I had worked with patients, one whom he had performed delicate brain surgery on who had done remarkably well. Re diagnosing the problem: several years ago my daughter had some testing done and when we met with him informed us that the radiologist had read her MRI report inaccurately. In the end she did not have any abnormality and is just fine. He apologized for the inconvenience and also waved any charges for our visit. I can not speak highly enough of Dr. Coester, MD.

April 21st, 2017