Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
STOP THIS MD show details STOP THIS MD
by #STEPOFFAITH on May 1st, 2016

This provider is out of control & dangerous. He put his hands on me inappropriately! Attn: FEMALE PATIENTS IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, EMAIL STOPNMD1@GMAIL.COM W/UR STORY LEGAL ACTION IN PLACE! STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IS 3 YRS HE'S ON HIS WAY TO PRISON! WE CAN HELP YOU BC I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY FEMALE....I'M NOT A VICTIM I'M A SURVIVOR!

The Best! show details The Best!
by Well Pleased on Apr 25th, 2016

Dr. Hansen is one of the nicest and caring physicians I have ever been treated by. He is very professional and knowledgeable and takes great care of his patient. I have recommended him to family, friends and complete strangers. He is the best/

by MW on Apr 1st, 2016

one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. He is mean and does not care for the best for his patients. My PCP pulled me from Dr. Hansen's care because of the way Hansen was treating me.

UNHAPPYCAMPER2 show details UNHAPPYCAMPER2
Mar 29th, 2016

"Unhappy Camper 2" This MD is dangerous! The exact same thing happened to me that happened to "UNHAPPYCAMPER "....SURELY SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE NOTICE HERE! I'm not sure where to begin. (IF you don't see the "UNHAPPYCAMPER" #1, These posts tend to disappear but strangely the one from his OWN employee, how unprofessional is that, was left up....just saying!

Not Happy show details Not Happy
Feb 26th, 2016

I have never in my life felt robbed or like a criminal. I have not a record or nor a speeding ticket at the age of 55. I came there taking several medicines and left barley taking one. It`s not working and I am in the worst pain ever. My daughter and I have written sever letters to several different people for help for all of the reviews we have read. My daughter works in the Medical field also. This Karen Self women says she does not like to give out these certain meds, well I`m sorry, these are the meds that has helped me over the years and I`m in pain. I just want them to have my best interest in heart, feel my pain!!! But they can`t!!! Just believe me when I tell you that I`m in pain. I can`t bend down to wash the bottom of my feet. Really? Now how bad is that? So bad, I haven`t slept in a bed in months. Is that fair? Do you just that that away because you feel that I don`t need it, but I know that it helps me? Do you really have my best interest at heart? I`m not judging your staff ( Dr. Hensen), I can care less, as long as I`m being treated fair and I`m not. I don`t think insurance would want to hear such things if everyone would complain. Would I get my meds if I was to show my behind, well never mind. I`m going to give it a few more tries with the help of the letters I have written and see where this leads me and others. There is help on the way!!!! The wait time is terrible......

Feb 8th, 2016

My mother had been seen by many doctors for her back pain, no other doctor was able to help her, or would listen. Dr Hansen correctly diagnosed her problem and prescribed medication for her, (NOT PAIN MED) and she is now able to get out, see friends, go to church, be NORMAL...

PLEASE DO NOT WRITE A REVIEW IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS!!!! show details PLEASE DO NOT WRITE A REVIEW IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS!!!!
by Happy Employee on Jan 29th, 2016

I have been a faithful employee of Dr. Hansen for a while. Let me please address some of the issues and bad reviews. First in regards to the harassment lawsuit..... If you weren't there or involved then you DO NOT know the facts so do yourself a favor and stop looking like an uneducated person and stop commenting. Do you always believe everything you read in the media? Second, the care Dr. Hansen, his other providers and nurses give our patients is ALWAYS in the best interest and safety of the patient. If you are like one of these people leaving nasty reviews that think you're going to come in and dictate to him what medication you're going to get then you will be at the wrong clinic. You can probably find a pain doctor who will give you 4-5 Percocet per day plus muscle relaxers plus whatever else you ask for but I promise you, the only thing you'll actually be getting is addicted. We as a staff at all of our locations genuinely care about our patient's pain, safety and quality of life. So again, let me reiterate, if you want a high, dozens of pills, a physician who doesn't care or a lifetime of addiction then DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT OR SELF DISCHARGE FROM OUR OFFICE AND GO SOMEPLACE ELSE SO WE CAN TREAT THOSE WHO TRULY WANT HELP!!!!!

Finally! Relief... show details Finally! Relief...
by Amy D. on Jan 27th, 2016

I have chronic lower back pain, have for almost a decade. Dr. Hansen & his fine staff have treated me now for almost a year. It was my goal to escape the opiate fog everyone else I would see insisted on keeping me in. Thanks to Dr. Hansen & Pain Relief Clinic, I have achieved both relief from my pain & left the opiates behind.

Jan 26th, 2016

P.A. is undermining everything he has done with me and others by making faces(seriously) when you ask about treatments to telling you Dr Hansen has been treating you incorrectly for a year and a half. Also tells patient that surgeries done by other Drs were not correct either. This was the first time meeting the P.A. if I must see her again I will go elsewhere. If he wants employees who treat patients badly and undermines his word and his patients then he has succeeded.

Worse Doctor Ever. show details Worse Doctor Ever.
by Doesn't matter. on Dec 15th, 2015

You do know that this Doctor, lost his lawsuit. Look up Dr.Hans Hansen. This doctor will take you off your Medicine if he sees that it's working. I'm thinking about a lawsuit he put me on a medicine that I can't take. Unless you're willing to strip down so he can see you Butt to get you an injection, you will be taken off of your medicine. This doctor impedes his patients from getting better. He's having to pay those women he sexually assaulted. He was just found guilty. He writes medicines, that he can make money off of. He could careless if you can take the medicine or not. It says first do no harm he harmed me when he wrote a medicine, I told him i couldn't take.

Really bad doctor show details Really bad doctor
by Stopping rude doctors on Oct 10th, 2015

I when here for 5 months what a nightmare! The worst place I have everever been to. I was told to cut off my TV or eat less so I could do injections thatni might add after having 11of them they are dangerous. I have met 4 different people that had these of yrs and now have permanent problems like braking down the joints in the hips rennal falute. Spinal cord degeneration. Just to name a few watch the YouTube about doctor oz and injections mills. The place that make the. Steroids does not approve the steroid to be place any where but in the mussle not near the spine. The fda does not approve these injection s unless it's in the mussle. If they work for u fine but do at least some research on them. Thank goodness I found a good place now to go too. It's an hour away anything to never have to deal with a injection mill rude uncaronh onwy Gruber like this place

by Jeri Davis on Sep 30th, 2015

He has been very nice and I've had excellent treatment.

by BA on Aug 10th, 2015

Have seen Dr. Hanson on and off over 15 years for several different issues and have complete confidence in his abilities - staff is great to work with.

Know why their are so many turnovers in this horriable clinic show details Know why their are so many turnovers in this horriable clinic
by Prior pt on Aug 7th, 2015

This place treats it's pts. Horriable, they do not care about their pts. And they don't care what meds work, they will push the newest, and latest medication to make that money. All about the patient ha not. They can not keep help and rhis is probally due to the sexual harassment lawsuit against the owner, dr. Hanson. You can sigh your self out, and have your family dr, send you to another pain center, make sure it's not ran and owned by dr. Hanson. Listen to your pat. If a med works for them, don't change it, just to make your wallet fatter, AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO AT DR.HANSON PAIN CENTERS. They can't keep drs, or nurses. See a problem? Absolutely

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
by mew on Aug 5th, 2015

This dr office is terrible. They do not listen to the patient. They only want to prescribe expensive medications. If you ask for a medication that is generic they say you are a drug seeker

by Pat Boyd on Jul 19th, 2015

Love him. Has a great attitude. Shows concern for his patients. Staff is very friendly

Jun 13th, 2015

somewhere exists the worst doctor ever ,hans c. hansen is that doctor !

by Tina k on Apr 1st, 2015

Been going to pain relief center 4 about 2 years......never had a problem w/service!......Great care!!! Have lot of problemsw/my health.....ty

I highly recommend Dr. Hansen show details I highly recommend Dr. Hansen
Dec 12th, 2014

I have been receiving treatment from Dr. Hansen for approximately 14 years for fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease and migraines. I have had two doctors who I felt really cared about the patient, and Dr. Hansen is one of them. He does whatever he can, within the guidelines of my insurance company, to relieve my pain. I also see his PA, Penny Mitchell, who has always been very gracious and concerned for my condition. The receptionist is always very pleasant. I have never seen anyone dressed "goth," as one reviewer said. I have never had anyone be rude or even abrupt with me. These are very concerned, professional people who give the best care I have received. My pain is managed as well as possible. If any of the negative comments have happened, I have never seen them in my 14 years as a patient there. I would recommend them to anyone experiencing chronic pain.

Pain Control show details Pain Control
Jun 10th, 2014

Very, busy physician although still has time to spend with you. I would recommend him to anyone. He has helped me.His's nurses are great, and office staff is very courtious, and helpful.

Sadist show details Sadist
May 30th, 2014

I was given no choice in going to "Dr" Hansen's pain clinic because I am a workers comp client. I have severe pain that ranges from 6 to 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Since the beginning of my visits at his clinic his only goal has been to get me off all medications. I'm sure the case manager and the insurance company had knowledge of what his ethics were prior to sending me to this sadist. From my personal experience he treats his patients like junkies and strips them of any personal dignity they have. Before my injury, I had an excellent career and an outstanding work record. At one point I was being seen by doctors that had me on the road back to a normal active life, but all that changed when I was made to go to this pain clinic. My quality of life and general health and well being have decreased dramatically. Anyone reading this take warning, if you have any choice in you doctors do not go to Dr. Hansen's clinics. He does not care about his patients and is in business to make money and is there to serve the insurance companies, not the patient. He is one of the most unethical and unprofessional "doctors" I have ever dealt with.

Mark as Helpful  | 23 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Needs Lisences Revoked show details Needs Lisences Revoked
by Boo on Oct 20th, 2013

This guy needs to give up pain treatment or maybe he has never been in severe pain, He has no compassion, very very rude, has that "god complex" and I would not send my dog to him. Maybe he and other pain management doctors along with the FDA, DEA who makes these laws that prohibit them "or so they say" need to be subjected to severe pain on an 8-10 scale for at least 24 hrs so they know how it feels, then maybe they would understand COMPASSION! Look it up! I found out that the steroid injection are not even FDA approved for your spine, they re for your hip and knee. Its a money racket like everything else.

Mark as Helpful  | 22 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Nicest most down to earth doctor ever!!! show details Nicest most down to earth doctor ever!!!
by Danielle barrier on Jul 27th, 2013

I was refer to him for CRPS from a work related injury. After my second injection I had some swelling that freaked me out and made it a little hard to swallow. This happened om a Friday and come Saturday I had really began to worry so I called the on call service. Dr Hansen called me back in 5 mins listen to my complaints and asked meet him in his office to check me out. This was on a Saturday at 6 in the evening. He did a full exam and gave me some stuff for the swelling. He also have me his personal cell phone in case I needed him. Anyone that is on here and states he doesn't care about his patients are crazy! I would recommend him to anyone. He is all about getting your quality of life better not masking it with pain pills that make you think you are better. He is a great man and a great doctor. All of his Staff have treated me with kindness and respect! Thanks to all of them!

Not a pain management doctor show details Not a pain management doctor
Aug 29th, 2012

I was forced to go there by my "case management" nurse, and found out that this is where most are sent on a worker's comp case. I soon found out why. The doctor first acted like he was concerned about my pain, but soon all he wanted to do was get me back to work. He got me on a management routine, then started cutting back on my pain medicine. He said this was to wean me off it, to see how i did with the pain. He rated me as if I was healing, though I was in constant pain, ever increasing because of the lack of medicine. THIS DOCTOR HAS NO BUSINESS TREATING PEOPLE, as he is only an anestheologist, not a neurosurgeon or real doctor !!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 18 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dr. Hansen is a good Doctor However.... show details Dr. Hansen is a good Doctor However....
Aug 10th, 2012

His associate Dr Amara ISN"T!!! if you can't get transportation to their statesville office, you will get treated like crap and refused refills on meds. Dr. Hansen was understanding in my transportation problems, However Dr. Amara was not! he talked down to me and treated me very badly and with held my meds. I am now in the process of changing drs to one that will not be an issue of having transporation to.

workmans comp patient show details workmans comp patient
Jun 27th, 2012

Every appointment I've had with him his first question is have you got a job yet. He starts me out with high doses of narcotics, then takes me off them without warning so I have bad withdrawal. Then starts treating me with drugs the pharmacist says hasn't been used in years or is no longer made. Then says well I'm not prescribing narcotics anymore after which he tries what pharmacist says can be bought over the counter for several months. After complaining that nothing he gives does any good he then proceeds to put me on narcotics in a patch form. I'm soon going to another doctor that my primary Dr. says is very good. I trust him. So I'll be done with this quack that Workmans comp uses and Novant health got rid of, (makes you wonder why) possibly the sexual harassment case in court now.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
best all around down to earth doctor,pleasure to be a patient show details best all around down to earth doctor,pleasure to be a patient
Mar 28th, 2012

I have been a patient for atleast 10 years i work hard and when i have gotten down he has always came through with getting going again.he has in the past even personally called me to see how i was,..cant get any better than that. He is great at injections that others in the past have not been succesful at. If it was not for him im sure i would not be working every day without pain. I dont take pain medicine and he has made that possible for the last 10 years.best all around person,parent and doctor. I would rate him number 1 at everything. A pleasure to talk to and all around good guy. He puts his patients first. Thanks Dr.Hanson

FIND A REAL PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR show details FIND A REAL PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR
Jan 11th, 2012

HANSON IS ARROGANT AND RUDE,AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT REDUCING ANYONE'S PAIN.WHEN IT COMES TO PAIN MANAGEMENT,HE REFERS YOU TO ONE OF HIS NURSE PRACTICIONERS, LIKE PENNY MITCHELL,AND HE WORKS THROUGH THEM TO GET RID OF PEOPLE NEEDING MEDICATION PAIN MANAGEMENT,AND HE SPENDS HIS TIME FORCING YOU TO UNDERGO $1500.00 LESI STEROID INJECTIONS,WHERE HE CAN RACK UP ON THE CASH AND SEND THE PATIENTS PACKING WHEN YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE CORTISONE INJECTIONS THAT DO NOTHING MORE THAN DRAIN YOUR WALLET,MAKE HIM RICHER,AND SEND YOU OUT THE DOOR IN PAIN AND MISERY,THE SAME WAY YOU CAME IN,EXCEPT WITH FEWER DOLLARS IN YOUR POCKET.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Total Creep show details Total Creep
Dec 31st, 2011

This doctor is a jerk. Has no bedside manner and doesn't listen to you. He is too busy talking to the nurses to care what you have going on.Not to mention, the news that was just released. His integrity is gone. He is being sued by 3 former employees, which you can search for yourselves, for sexual misconduct. The actual filing of the lawsuit has all of the information which is public knowledge. He is creepy and I can't have a doctor like that.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dec 15th, 2011

I went to see this man when I first got hurt he was very rude to me hit me in the back with a mallet then told me my problem was my weight... Now I am 30 yrs old and have spinal spurs from t6 through s1 getting larger as they go down, osteoarthritis,degenerative disc disese, 2 buldging disc at t6-t7, and depression who wouldnt. I would not let my dying dog see this man. He also accused me of taking medicine I wasnt prescribed.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dec 5th, 2011

I was referred to this doctor by Workers Comp. He was a very rude and inconsiderate person. Insisted I was using drugs he had not prescribed. That was not true but he would not share the drug screen results with me! I would not reccomend him to anyone.

Nov 1st, 2011

I would never recommend him to anyone.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Oct 20th, 2011

Great at diagnosing, compassionate, great bed side manner, pleasant helpful staff. Has really improved my quality of life.

this is a scam artist show details this is a scam artist
Aug 31st, 2011

everyone was rude and unprofessional. Was only seen for 2 minutes to be told they could not help me and would refund my money

by electric shock survivor on Jun 25th, 2011

spent more time flerting with my workers comp nurse.He's more interested in getting people back to work than there health.I went to him with problems. he treated me with pain meds.Than blamed all the problems on the medication.He tried to pull me off the meds quick to get me back to work.I had awfull withdrawls and he wouldn't help.I got off meds by myself where he wanted me to check into a rehab.I was miserable .I had no meds for quite a while and could barely function.Felt like my life was over.I finaly met a doctor that has me on the right medications.I can be honest with him and he takes good care of me.He gave me my life back.I know i can't be like i was before i got hurt but i can live a better life without him.When i first went to him he said few doctors knew what results happen from electrical shock'even him.He told me a year later he told me he was an expert and wrote many papers on the subject.He's full of crap

Excellant Staff show details Excellant Staff
Dec 3rd, 2010

Excellant staff, Dr very knowledgable

Oct 8th, 2010

Dr. Hansen does not listen to his patient. He is very cold and self-centered. He has recommended over a dozen different pain medication for me over a period of months. He is an experimental pain doctor. He really does not have the knowledge base you expect from a pain manangment specialist.

would not fill out my return to work form competely show details would not fill out my return to work form competely
by A good father and husband on Jan 30th, 2010

I am a hard working father and husband and went to see hansen with a very bad back pain.I was given an injection told to go back to work. Well I needed a return to work form filled out. His staff gave me the runaround about filling the form after waiting 1 hour and being treated hatefully by his staff he only filled out 3 things and left it incomplete. My HR dept would not take the form incomplete so I called back spent 5 hours tring to work with his office manager to get this form filled out. This staff person was one of the most hateful persons I have dealed with in my life and made me feel white trash. I was told that he filled out all he was going to and that was that. So I fired them all and now have a real dr office and very good people not some dr like Hans Hansen who floats over 6 diff offices that he just rent a room from.

Thanks show details Thanks
by Gina Settlemyre on Oct 7th, 2008

Dr. Hansen is very knowledgeable !!! He has very good bedside manners.He is a excellent physician and person. Thanks to you and your staff they are great !!!

by Betty R.atcliff on Jul 5th, 2008

Dr. Hansen is an excellent, extremely competent, and caring doctor-with a very good staff----this is part of my first commment that was left out and i feel he deserves to be recognized for his abilities and i am sure 99.9 of his patients feel the same as i do

Excellent doctor----- extremely competent and caring show details Excellent doctor----- extremely competent and caring
by Betty Ratcliff on Jun 30th, 2008

i had resigned myself to the fact that i would have to live with pain for the rest of my life, when i was referred to Dr. Hansen from neurological specialists for Facet Joint Injections it was the first time in nine {9} years i was free of pain and it is a great feeling----i am very thankful for the excellent care i received /receiving from Dr. Hansen and all the staff are outstanding and friendly----because of Dr. Hansen i can enjoy my life alot more now and it is good to know if the pain returns, he will be there for me ----