Feb 20th, 2015

We went to Dr Tuten in October 2014 looking for a 2nd opinion. We really wanted to have my daughter’s surgery in Richmond instead of Charlottesville and having read so many good reviews of Dr Tuten we were hopeful. I had x-rays of my daughter’s scoliosis from 2 months prior and he had her take new x-rays that day. When he came in to see us he said, yes, she has scoliosis and we could wait until the summer 2015 for surgery. I knew it was a fast growing scoliosis and said this to him. He asked to see my x-rays again to compare to his and left for about 5 min. When he came back in he said I was right and we should schedule surgery before the end of year. I then told him my youngest daughter was born with heart problems and has had several surgeries (something he should have known if he had reviewed the form I had to fill out in the waiting room) and shouldn't my daughter have a heart test prior to surgery. He again said yes and said he would order an echo for her. Dr Tuten did not do his job that day. He should have thoroughly looked at the 2 x-rays before making a diagnosis and if he wasn't going to read the medical history form that I was required to fill out then he should have asked questions to determine my daughter’s needs. I recently called his office to let them know about my experience and was told Dr Tuten remembered my daughter and thought the appointment went very well. I would not agree. If I had gone in not knowing the seriousness of my daughter’s situation then we would be waiting till summer and she would have had severe complications due to how quickly her scoliosis was progressing. I have had many, many dealings with doctors with both my daughters’ health issues, some I liked, some I didn't, but this is the first time I have been compelled to post a review. Dr Tuten could have caused life threatening issues for my daughter had we taken his advice to wait 8 months for surgery. My daughter had surgery in Charlottesville in December 2014 and is doing well. I encourage everyone to get second opinions and don't put too much faith in a few good reviews online.

knee surgery show details knee surgery
by Martha on Mar 9th, 2014

My daughter has hemyhypertrophy and her previous orthopedist for 7 years was just making x-rays without any projection. Dr. Tuten immediately knew what to do and told me the right time for my daughter to have the surgery. She had it a month ago and she is in the process of recuperation. Thank you Dr. Tuten we know we are in good hands.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Tuten is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome doctor show details awesome doctor
Jul 18th, 2012

best doctor my daughter has ever had.

Jan 2nd, 2012

I am 14, my family went to 3 doctors after I broke my ankle waiting for someone to tell me what was really wrong. Dr. Tuten was the only person that could help me with that. He found that I had hyperextended ankles and loose ligaments, and lesions in both ankles. He has currently performed one of my surgery and I am waiting to have me second one. -THANK YOU Dr. Tuten

Trust him Completely show details Trust him Completely
Jun 21st, 2011

Dr. Tuten and his staff have been caring for my daughter for almost 10 years - his care, expertise and true love for what he does has literally saved my daughters life! His nurse Kathleen is bar none the most amazing nurse you can ask for. We see so many specialist for my daughter so this compliment is not given carelessly or without knowledge of what an excellent physician is.