Dr. Hanspaul Makkar MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Farmington, CT

October 21st, 2016
A caring doctor!
Dr. Makkar performed Moh's surgery on my side for squamous cell carcinoma. I was very anxious since this was my first experience with surgery and the outcome would be uncertain. The medical assistant who prepared me for the surgery was amazing, very pleasant and comforting and so gentle with the needle to numb the area. I was extremely impressed with the entire procedure, it was nearly painless! She set the stage for a comforting and caring demeanor and Dr. Makkar reinforced that with the same from the moment he walked in. He informed me every step along the way as he performed the surgery, keeping me calm and comforted. I was so pleased to hear from him personally within the week advising that he "got it all" and then asked "how are you doing?" He was so sincere and I just can't say enough about the positive experience I had with Dr. Makkar and John Dempsey Hospital's Department of Dermatolgy!

November 25th, 2015
Dr Makkar and his staff were uniformly superb in every way . We couldn't be more laudatory in out praise .

June 22nd, 2015
He's a great doctor.

July 23rd, 2012
The care was great but the caring nature of the staff was even greater. The personal call from the doctor the day after my surgery was surprising-he genuinely wanted to know how I was doing and if I had any questions.

March 9th, 2012
By far one of the most intelligent & caring physicians I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He surgically removed an odd and suspicious mole from a very sensitive area on my two year old son. Melanoma was a possibility. Dr. Makkar sent samples of the mole he removed to thought leaders to get an precise diagnosis. He was extremely comforting before and after the surgery. His bedside manner was unbelievable and he personally followed up with telephone calls with such a caring demeanor. His education and training is extremely impressive. My son is now 6 years old and has been told he no longer needs follow up. It was touching to hear my son say after our last visit with Dr. Makkar that he missed him and was sad he wouldn't be seeing him again. Dr. Makkar is the entire package!!

April 28th, 2011
Truly excellent doctor
Dr. Makkar is exceedingly professional, very skilled and intelligent. It was obvious to me that he sincerely cares about his patients. My consultation was not rushed, we discussed everything completely. He described the procedure carefully (slow Mohs on my cheek for melanoma) and took care to calm my nerves both before and during surgery. I never had a single moment of pain during or even after surgery, which surprised me (well, except when the nurse administered the local - no getting away from that). He followed up after surgery personally. His staff was also incredibly kind. I really can't stress strongly enough how positive my experience with Dr. Makkar was. I recommend him without reservation. (I'm not that easy to please, either.)

January 2nd, 2011
Awesome
I cannot say enough about Dr. Makkar - he performed a biopsy on my 6 year old and then was tremendous with follow-ups, explaining our options and referring us to another Doctor for further surgery. You cannot go wrong with Dr. Makkar!

September 1st, 2010
Great doctor
Dr Makkar removed a mole from my back. He did a great job stitching it up. There is hardly a scar. He gave me two follow up calls. One the night after the surgery, the other about two weeks later when the results of the biopsy came in. I highly recommend him.

December 19th, 2009
Scar
He left a horrible scar on my cheek. He was rude and defensive which should have given me clues not to let him perform my surgery. I would hate for anyone else to have to experience this very bad physician.

October 23rd, 2009
Great Doctor, Very Professional and Courteous
Dr Makkar, treated my daughter Maddy for a JXG. I cannot say enough good things about the way he conducts himself with professionalism, compassion.

June 26th, 2009
Discoid Lupus
Dr. Makkar daignosed me after more than a year of other doctors and facilities not being able to do so. He went on to prescribe the correct meds for my condition and I now live a normal life. Dr. Makkar is that best.