Dr. Hany Fam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hany Fam?

September 22nd, 2015

Ignorant

Took my daughter to see him yesterday to have a wart frozen. He froze way to big of an area she was crying in pain for hours. Now there is a huge water blister. I hope she doesn't have long lasting scarring. My son had the same thing done by another doc and it was not at all like my daughters. He was also rude and seemed ignorant.

February 2nd, 2013

If your child has special needs, you need to seriously consider whether or not this doctor understands your child's disability. We found out the hard way that Dr. Fam knows close to nothing about children with Down syndrome. Approximately 505 of children with Ds have heart issues and require a referral to a cardiologist for accurate diagnosis, as many heart problems cannot be detected by using a stethoscope only. Dr. Fam informed my husband and I that our newborn did not need a referral to a cardiologist. He said that we would see one at the Down syndrome clinic when our son turned six months old. He did say that if we noticed our son turning BLUE we should call the office and a referral could be made to a cardiologist sooner. After leaving the office and calling back to have our records sent to a new pediatrician, the nurse contacted us to apologize and ask if we would consider staying with the practice and meeting with one of the other doctors who was had more experience in working with children with Down syndrome. We politely declined.

January 17th, 2012

Not to be recommended

We use his practice and our child is less than 1 month. He was running a low grade fever on a Friday night and my wife called the after hours # and we were transferred to Dr. Fam as he was on call. My child's temp was 100.2 and Fam instructed us to go directly to the ER. After 5 hours of waiting, we were admitted and forced to stay for 2 days. They ran a battery of tests even though our child showed no fever after arriving at ER...he even wanted to do a spinal tap. Another Dr. then saw us before being discharged and told us Fam should have never told us to come to the ER. So thankfully our child is well, but no thanks to Fam and he also cost us a few thousand dollars too. Do not use him as he is abrupt, non-caring and rude.

November 18th, 2011

Great Dr.!

While I have read the ratings, I must say that this doctor is awesome. My child was taken Grand Strand Pediatrics after a two year nightmare at anothers doctor office in Horry County. My child had acid reflux when younger and RAD, baby asthma, and still does. This doctor worked very hard to help care for her and see that she received the correct pediatric care. Needless to say, my child is finally healthy thanks to Dr. Famm. She has made leaps and bounds as far as growth, in the health sense, since we finally found a practice that actually cares about their patients and listens to their parents concerns. My hats off to GSPA and Dr. Famm for an awesome job!

April 8th, 2011

Not A Doc for children with irregular health

I would not take my child to him if they have anything other than the common cold. He does not seem to pay attention to what the parents have to say.He treats you like you are ignorant and does not take the parents wishes into consideration at all!!

August 10th, 2017