Dr. Hao Fang MD Patient Reviews

• 10 reviews

October 12th, 2015
If you value your life & family - Go to Dr. Fang. He recently performed minimally invasive open heart surgery to replace my mitral valve & did an absolutely excellent job! Wouldn't go to anyone else in the area (& innumerable other Drs. suggested him to me, saying simply, "He's the best!"

August 30th, 2015
Excellent Doctor, He did AVR for me and I couldn't ask for better care!! I recommend him very high. He goes the extra mile for sure!!!!

May 19th, 2015
New Hope
Found Dr. Fang to be exceptional. I was supposed to have bypass surgery several months previous to my coronary bypass with Dr. Fang. The previous (highly rated) surgeon took me in for surgery and after a lengthy period of time came out and told my family my heart was too bad and that he could not operate. He explained that in his opinion I had only a 50% chance of making off the surgery table, and even if I did, that my outlook was pretty hopeless. I thank God that we eventually were guided to Dr. Fang who definitely gave me hope and performed a successful cardiac bypass. Dr. Fang was very pleasant, spent a significant amount of time (over 1 hour) thoroughly explaining options to me and my family. While hospitalized, he visited twice a day despite his very busy surgery schedule, and his nurse practitioner or PA stopped by as well. Schedule a follow-up after surgery quickly. My family and I are ever so grateful for Dr. Fang's expertise and compassion.

March 9th, 2015
outstanding
excellent in every respect

July 22nd, 2013
This little man's ego trumps anyone he's trying to be!
This man performed a surgery on me, and left me in the worst pain ever! He would not control my pain at all. His office staff had me go to their office, in the horrible condition that I was in; I could feel every bump on the road and was in excruciating pain! I could not sleep in my bed for weeks, because my bed was too high. This man is so obsessed with himself, that I would never recommend anyone to him! He also had an involuntary tick, which I wish I would have known before. I was in horrible condition when he came to operate on me, and he never followed-up with me! I had one of the most serious surgeries too. I wish I would've discovered his reputation prior, but unfortunately I found out about his reputation afterwards.

November 12th, 2012
Horrible Bed Side Manner
I had to be in the hospital within the hour, or I would die, the doctor told me. With no success after the insertion of lung tubes, I was told that I would need lung surgery. Dr. Fang was the surgeon that came to my bed. My friends neglected to tell me that he has a noticeable tick. He performed the surgery, which was VERY painful! I was given morphine for an extended period of time, only to find out afterwards that I am allergic to morphine. My pain was not managed at all! After calling Dr. Fang's office, he finally called me back from his car and gave me complete attitude! If one looks up the surgery I had, it is classified as one of the most painful! He did not manage my pain at all. Also, upon waking up from the surgery, I told the staff that I had diminished hearing in my ear. They ignored my complaints, as did Dr. Fang, only for me to find out that I also have a brain tumor! His bed-side manner and ego are not worth putting any patient through! This man exudes many narcissistic behaviors. This was an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life!!

November 18th, 2011
Great surgeon
Dr. Fang gave me my life back! I had two previous heart surgeries from a different surgeon that did not help with my a-fib. I would, without question, recommend Dr. Fang to anyone who really wants their a-fib cured because previous ablations did not work.

June 1st, 2010
Perhaps the reason there is a longer wait past the appointment time is that Dr.Fang is extremely thorough. I never feel rushed or like he is anxious to get on to the next patient. I very much appreciate that. He takes time to explain things in layman's terms, and answers every question taking time to be certain he has answered everything for you. His office staff is one of the best I have seen in any Dr.s office. They do what they say they are going to do and always call back when they say they will. I trust my life to him.

July 4th, 2009
Waited over a week for office to call me back with time and date of surgery.Appointment time is always 45 mins.- one hour later than scheduled.

May 23rd, 2009
Doctor needs an attitude adjustment
agree with the other comment of not a very good experience with this doctor. would not recommend him to anyone.