Dr. Haramandeep Singh MD Patient Reviews

• Sleep Medicine San Ramon, CA

• Good
  • Bad

November 3rd, 2015
Dr. Singh is either the best or one of the best sleep medicine specialists in the Bay Area. Because of his combined psychiatric/neurological training before becoming a sleep specialist gives him an edge that many other sleep specialists do not have. Because he is super analytical, quick, and a bit introverted some patients may not like his personality. However, these are the personality strengths that make him a top notch sleep specialist.

October 6th, 2015
After struggling with day time sleepiness for a long time I had finally decided to do something about it. So, I was referred to Dr Singh by my doctor. One year since that fateful day - after 5 visits to Dr Singh, after sleep tests worth about $10K, after many frustrated and angry conversations with Mr. Singh's staff - my symptoms showed no improvement. In fact they had worsened. Out of frustration and anger I decided to consult another doctor. In one 30 minute session, this new doctor diagnosed that my sleepiness was due to an inflamed nerve (C5 and C6) running from my neck to my back. It was due to this nerve malfunction that I was experiencing sleepiness and other symptoms such as anxiety and occasional sensations in my head. And now, 4 chiropractic sessions later, seems as if I am on my way to no day time sleepiness at alll !!!! Simply put, Dr. Singh is an incompetent doctor. And I am willing to stand trial for my opinion. All he is capable of and interested in getting you to sign up for one or more sleep studies in his clinic. The study - and not Mr. Singh - will then tell you if you have sleep apnea or not and whether you need to use a mask while sleeping or not. That is it ! Dr. Singh does not know any thing else. No wonder then, that while you are talking to him explaining your symptoms to him, he is busy typing some message on instant chat with either his staff or god knows who. I am not exaggerating this. I swear to the truth of my experience. Conversation with him during my last visit (I can testify about the truth of this) Mr. Singh (angrily) : "I am getting frustrated with you Chetan. Why aren't you get one more test that I am asking you to get done?" Me: "Will the result of this test help you cure my condition" Dr. Singh : "No. Your condition does not have any cure. This test will only help me understand it better" Me: "So will you change this medicine - Nuvigil - that you have prescribed for me" Dr Singh (with anger): "No. Medication will not change" Me: "So why are you asking me to get the test done?" Dr. Singh : "Coz you dont seem satisfied with what I am telling you. That there is no cure for what you have" Save yourself some trouble. Do not go to this apology of a doctor. Please.

May 20th, 2016