Internists, Critical Care Specialist
3300 Providence Dr
Ste 114
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-770-6200
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  extremely satisfied patient  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

I am very satisfied with the care provided by Dr. Makin. He was extremely thorough and professional. I felt the tests he offered in office were necessary and convenient for me when I was in a lot of pain. He quickly referred me to another great physician for gall bladder surgery. The EKG done in his office saved me the time and expense of a pre-op hospital visit. He offered to provide a "doctor's note" when I had to cancel a vacation, which saved us hundreds of dollars in cancellation fees due to the medical emergency.

Aug 21st, 2011

This drs staff is very friendly

|  excellent  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Excellent diagnostic skills, easy to talk to, listens and is caring. Staff is very friendly. In house lab and billing eases pain of illness. Easy to get appointments for established patients

May 21st, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Makin for about 10 years now and in my opinion, he is the best internist in AK. He is very thorough. Like other users had said, he'll run some expensive tests, like he did with me, but I am positive everything was necessary. I had talked to him about all my symptoms and he had accurately diagnosed me, as the tests have proved. I do recommend him to my friends and family and anyone else who may have health issues. This guy will take care of you!

Apr 19th, 2011

Unless you have something minor, sinus infection, strep, something easily diagnosed or fixable with perscription, dont bother seeing this doctor. I agree with other user posts, runs lots of expensive tests and cant find anything wrong and I tried serveral medications that made me feel worse. Also they cant keep their billing correct. Always over charging me after insurance paid and myself paying my copay. Mw coworker dropped them for this reason as well. Also on long term meds likes blood pressure or sleep meds, wont write you a scrip for several months, thats the hook to keep you coming back. Go to lower 48 and see a real doctor if you have something major or neurological.

Mar 12th, 2011

Dr. Makin is a very knowledgeable physician. I do think he has correctly diagnosed my health issues but I don't feel that the various medications I've been prescribed are entirely appropriate.

Mar 4th, 2010

I was not happy with how this doctor handled my visit. I was having some frightening health issues and went to see him. It was my first visit with him and after only 15 minutes of talking with me I was given 2 major prescriptions and scheduled for several expensive tests. I have no doubts that if he had taken time to really talk to me I would have saved thousands of dollars. The prescriptions turned out to be unneeded and I was able to resolve the issues without any of the input given by this doctor.

|  The best Internist/Dr. in all Alaska  |  show details
by Shawn Pierre on Feb 15th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Makin for several years, and he is by far the best Dr. I have ever been to, and I have been to many!