Pediatricians, Nephrologist (kidney)

2243 Mowry Ave
Ste F
Fremont, CA 94538
510-797-7766
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Hari is such a wonderful person and Doctor. I have seen him since birth. I am now 22 and have moved on from pediatricians. While the wait time is usually long it didnt bother me as long as I was seeing Dr. Hari. He takes the time to listen to you and doesnt rush you. I know from my mom telling me that he was just as great when I was a baby. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a pediatrician!

|  A wonderful, caring, competent doctor in the old time tradition  |  show details
by MM on Feb 1st, 2011

Dr. Hari Puri is an excellent doctor who is very caring, gentle and extremely knowledgeable. My son has received great care from him for the last 18 years, sometimes with more critical illnesses such as pneumonia. He is just wonderful.

|  How can Veena and Hari call themselves Doctors?  |  show details
by Omkar on Jun 29th, 2010

I have always looked upon certain professions such as Law Enforcement, Physicians, Firefighters, Teachers, and Small Family Farmers with the highest of regard, respect, and standards. I respect every hard working person, regardless of their profession, but these are some of the professions where we entrust total strangers with various aspects of our lives and empower them to provide the society with the best possible services. My understanding is that people who choose to go into these professions must be very passionate and responsible about what they are doing. But to my dismay that was not the case with Puri Pediatrics of Fremont CA. Unfortunately; physicians who lack the passion and responsibility for Medicine are merely are in it for monetary values. I conveyed my concerns to Dr. Hari and the front desk staff after the long waits and negligence over the prescription for our child. After that Dr. Veena Puri spoke to me on two different occasions. I was surprised when I heard from Dr. Veena and not Dr. Hari, because Dr. Hari was the attending physician to my child. During her first contact, Dr. Veena gave me a bag full of petty excuses and promised a better experience on my next appointment and I fell for it, and what a big mistake that was. The disparaging manner in which Dr. Veena spoke to me on the second occasion was utterly abominable and grounds for legal action against her. I was appalled at Dr. Veenas reaction and myopic approaches she utilized to mitigate the situation. Her tone and choice of words were obvious indicators of her poor mannerism and upbringing. I would strongly recommend her to enroll herself in some anger management program and get a hold of her senses. Also, enroll her staff into some much needed customer service training. Dr. Hari rushes out of the examination room with in 1-2 minutes. With Dr. Hari, I also felt as if he is just out of energy. Perhaps, he is so embedded in the routine, that he has forgotten he is dealing with actual living beings and is unable to view them more than just an another appointment. The office and exam rooms are outdated. The weight scale in one of the exam room in the hall way is incorrectly calibrated and is off by three ounces, as one of the nurse indicated to us. The receipts for co-pays are hand written, and not computer printed, I wonder why? The co-pays receipts are only issued, if you ask for one. This is simply wrong, as it leaves room for error and I can guarantee you the error will not be in favor of the patient. The weighting periods are just dreadfully long and exhaustive. Puri Pediatrics ought to be ashamed of themselves for making the new mothers wait for long period of times, especially when they are very well aware that new mothers are in recovering stages from their recent deliveries. The front desk staff and the nurses are not organized and have no concept of time management. The office staff will only ape the behavior of their masters and which is the case with this practice. The sheer dearth of passion, ethics, professionalism, courtesy, and efficiency were the deciding factors for me to stop seeing Puri Pediatrics. To be fair, I did give Puri Pediatrics two chances for improvements, but all in vain. Perhaps, one day Puris will gather some moral courage to do much needed introspection and make some genuine efforts to attend to the children and new mothers. I am thankful to all the parents who have taken the time to share their HONEST experiences.

|  show details
Mar 9th, 2010

I wil recommend this doctor...He is experienced and pays full attention to ur quaries.. my son was having urine reflux problem n we were searching for an experienced doctor and we are fortunate that we found Dr. Hari Puri

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE  |  show details
by Concerned Parent on Dec 20th, 2009

Puri Pediatric was an HORRIBLE experience. The waiting period was between 45-60 mins with an appointment. The staff members were unprofessional and inconsiderate. It is a shame that both Dr. Veena and Hari Puri have failed to see their appointments on time. Shouldn't Puri Pediatric have to pay a fine/penalty to the folks waiting in the lobby for 45-60mins and then again wait 15-30mins in the exam room with their child? I would not recommend this place to anyone. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

|  great pediatric office  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2009

we love the doctors and staff in this office, everyone is so professional and caring. very good about same day appointments .