Urologists

125 Paterson St
Suite 4100
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-235-7774
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Educated, to the point, but too quick and impersonal  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2013

When I scheduled with this practice, I wanted to see another doctor, but he was unavailable, so I was scheduled to see Dr. T. When I saw him, he actually planned to do a CT after the cystoscopy. I luckily saw another doctor for a second opinion, who ordered the CT first, which ruled out the need for a cystoscopy. I think this was a big miss for this doctor, and it indicates to me that he is using a playbook rather than thinking through the problem to determine possible diagnoses and courses of action. Dr. T seems educated, but doesn't seem to focus on the patient enough (he is a bit impersonal). When I asked about the procedure and possible diagnoses, he didn't provide very much insight, and I did not feel like he was able to set my mind at ease. I felt rushed when I was there, and I felt the doctor was multi-tasking at the end, handling other patients' paperwork while also doing mine. (I was worried that they would mix up the paperwork.) When leaving, I asked the staff for further information on the cystoscopy procedure, but they couldn't produce a pamphlet or guide for me, though they claimed to have some literature. Also, when they scheduled me for the cystoscopy, I found out later that they had actually scheduled me with the wrong doctor. Luckily I ended up cancelling before my scheduled appointment. Overall, Dr. T seems like an educated doctor, but I would not recommend him to a friend, and I would not recommend this practice either.