Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Shouldn't be a doctor  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2014

Worst doctor (?) I've ever seen. He's rude,non caring and didn't help me at all. I'd never recommend him to anyone and would caution going to him.

|  BAD BAD BAD  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2013

A UNCARING AND ARROGANT PERSON. THE WORST i HAVE EVER KNOWN.

|  MR  |  show details
by joe on Aug 16th, 2013

TERRIBLE DOCTOR AND AN ARROGANT PERSON. dR. kHER IS THERE ONLY FOR YOUR MONEY, HE DOES NOT CARE NOT ONE BIT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT $$$$ HE IS FOOLING PEOPLE INTO THINKING HE CARES, HE DOESN'T.

|  My psychiatrist, my friend  |  show details
by Sandra P. on Jul 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Kher every 4 to 6 weeks for the last five years. He has become a trusted doctor and I leave his office feeling uplifted. He is gentle, kind and compassionate. I would not hesitate to recommend him to a family member or friend. He helped me reduce medication prescribed by others, that I did not wish to continue taking. I appreciate the good advice and suggestions that he offers, and I find it very special when we laugh together. There often is a bit of "wait" time, but perhaps someone else needs his attention more than I do. I am thankful to be his patient!

by F. J on Jul 15th, 2013

Very professional ,genuinely interested in your wellbeing. Great psychiatrist .I moved to this area recently and needed help for my self and my children. I am glad my friend who is a teacher recommended Dr. Kher to me.

|  Excellent psychiatrist  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2013

I was recommended Dr. Kher by a friend. I have two children who the teachers wanted to be evaluated for ADHD. He spent time to evaluate them. As part of their eval. he talked with me alone also. I knew I had some issues but was never able to talk about. After talking with Dr. Kher I started seeing him as well. Not only my children are doing so well , I am myself feeling so much better. He is great doctor. I called my friend to thank her for recommending Dr. Kher.

|  Great psychiatrist  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2013

Very knowledgeable ,thorough psychiatrist ,compassionate human being .Highly regarded and respected in the community.

|  great experience  |  show details
by meemee on Jun 19th, 2013

I have been going to dr since 10-12 and he has helped me greatly seem that i had been on the wrong meds, i am so glad that i found him .

Jun 18th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Kher for 7 years now, and I am very happy with his care. He did change my Meds around several times, once I was diagnosed, but that was to find a treatment plan to better suit my needs. I have had to wait at times, but I know that sometimes it was me making him late, due to something that was bothering me and he talked me through the problem. Once I had no money and I had an appointment and I told him, I need to come but I have no money, and he told me to pay when I could, and I did. He is compassionate and I disagree with the bad reviews.

|  Disturbing!  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2013

Our young teenager saw him when in inpatient treatment for anorexia and bulimia at a local behavioral center. Both my husband and I were very upset when we walked out of his office, where we talked with him in the presence of our daughter. He cut us off several times, told me her problem was me - she won't communicate because I don't allow her to talk, practically yelled at her because she kept saying she didn't know when he asked her questions, accused her of not wanting to get better because she wouldn't talk.....I actually told her therapist the next day we did not want our daughter to see him anymore! We are thankful that he is not her regular psychiatrist and that we will never have to see him again!

|  Avoid  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2013

I will just say I have never been so unimpressed with anyone in the medical field. I work at a hospital and if this Dr. was treating someone in my life, I would absolutely recommend they switch to someone who's qualified to treat people.

|  not recommended  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

My love one saw this doctor for over a year. He constantly switch medicines on him. I understand you have to find the right mix but something wasn't right in how often he changed the prescription. I do not recommend this doctor. There are many more qualify and caring psychiatrists in the Daytona area. Good luck.

|  GREAT DR.  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER DR. AND DR KHER IS THE ONLY ONE DIAG.ME WITH THE CORRECT DIAGNOSE.I AM DOING VERY WELL AND I HAD HEARD FROM OTHER DRS.THAT HE IS THE BEST DR. IN TOWN.SOME PATIENTS DON'T LIKE TO HEAR WHEN THEY ARE WRONG AND HE IS RIGHT.IT'S NOT HE DR IT'S THE PATIENTS PROBLEM.

|  He knows all  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Dr. Kher believes he knows all and what you say does not matter.

|  Not Happy  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

I chose to take my child to see Dr. Kher for a diagnosis before school starts. We have a strong family background of ADD, depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. All of my child's symptoms are very obvious to me and I knew that it was time to have a professional diagnosis . When we arrived the office staff was very pleasant and of course took my co-pay as soon as I checked in. When sat with the doctor for about 45 minutes discussing my child's symptoms. Every time I would speak to explain something he would cut me off and go onto another question. I felt like he was distracted with something else and wasn't really listening to what we were saying. At the end of the session he diagnosed my child with ADD. It was quiet as he wrote some notes in my child's chart. I began to ask how we were going to treat my child he said that I needed to have the school fill out this form but it was summer and there might not be someone there to do it. I explained that I wanted to get my child some assistance before the school year started so that my child does not starting having issues the first day of school. He said well have them fill out the forms and we will see you back in 3 weeks. I said " ok, well what do we do until then?" He said that there was nothing. I was very upset at this point and walked out of the office. I will never go there again. I left there in tears. What did I just pay all that money for? I do not recommend this doctor to anyone

Jun 25th, 2010

I'm a caregiver for a friend with schizoaffective d/o who was undergoing a severe manic episode and required hospitalization, under the care of Harish Kher at Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach. Dr. Kher decided to release him while his symptoms were still acute and when I expressed my concerns about discharging him so early, he told my friend that "I didn't want him to come home." This was a very unprofessional thing to do, in my opinion.

|  Anorixia  |  show details
by Amy Pelletier on Oct 12th, 2008

This doc took care of me in 1985-1986 for anorexia. I am fully recovered with 4 beautiful kids working as an RN in OB/GYN. I'm so fortunate to be alive! Amy Bouffard/Pelletier