Internal Medicine

Menlo Medical Clinic, Stanford University Hospital and Clinics
1300 Crane St
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-498-7436
Locations and availability (1)

|  My doctor's the bomb!!  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Matles since I was 18. He had just joined the clinic so it was easy to get in. Man am I lucky. I never had any issues with my health until two years ago and then started having GI problems. One day they were so severe I was going to go to the ER but his nurse, Mary, got me in right away. Dr Matles had a game plan and got me an appointment in two days to have both the upper and lower scopes (YUCK!!). We figured it out in less than one week and now I am seeing a great specialist (Tu Nguyen in GI) and I am feeling back to normal. I agree with everyone else, Dr Matles is great...but I think he is the bomb!!!Alicia S.

|  The best  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

I was recommended to Dr Matles (Harley I recently found out is what the people that know him call him) by my mom. Because I was the daughter of one of his patients, I was able to get in. His practice, I am told, has been closed for years. I don't have much wrong with me in general but he has really helped me out with my chronic sinus issues. He sent me to a sinus person and even that doctor said that Dr Matles could treat me as well has he could (except can not do surgery).Dr Matles looks young but his smarts are wicked and obvious. He is also really cute and easy on the eyes. He reminds me of a young George Clooney. All in all, he really is as good as everyone says. So glad he is my doctor!JS

|  Love my doctor  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Matles for the last 4 years. My dad sees him and that is how I got in as his practice is closed. My dad always said he was the best physician he had ever had and i have to agree. He seems like a regular guy and I feel comfortable with him because of that. Dr Matles always explains things in easy to understand terms. And once when I was throwing up and could not eat, he saved me an ER visit and gave me some IV fluids in his office...he even put the IV in himself. All in all, he is GREAT!

|  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

The best primary care doctor experience ever. Dr Matles gave me a handout at the end of my physical with all the issues we discussed and man was it detailed. It seems like he remembers everything. I have a 'weird' disorder that most doctors have even heard of let alone know anything about it. But Dr Matles seemed like he knew all the details about my ailment. It made me feel like he was up to date and I trusted his judement even more. BEST DOCTOR EVER!!

|  best doctor ever  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I have seen Dr Matles for 3 years and he is the best doctor I have ever had. I had a problem going on for years and he figured out the issue after our first visit and few fancy blood tests. I am now seeing Dr Riker at the same clinic (also great) for rheumatology specialty that Dr Matles referred me to. I LOVE DR MATLES for figuring my problem out and saving my life. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!

|  Superb care  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2010

I have been at the Menlo Clinic seeing a specialist for 2 years. My original primary care doctor moved away (PAMF) and so I wanted to switch to the Menlo Clinic to keep my care all in one place. I had to 'beg' to get into Dr Matles's practice (actually a doctor friend of mine had to ask), but man was it worth it. He really is as good as all the people say. He is super smart, yet very down to earth and easy to talk to. He updated a number of things that were not done by my PCP that should have been a no brainer in the past. I am so pleased and happy with my care there and especially Dr Matles!!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
May 28th, 2010

Dr Matles is the best doctor I have ever had in my entire life. He is smart, caring, and goes the extra mile. His staff is also great. Two thumbs up for sure!!

|  Terrific!  |  show details
by Loel Stein on Jun 29th, 2009

Terrific Dr and an incredibly helpful staff. They are all caring, receptive to patient needs, friendly, and simply wonderful to work with. I was a patient for 5 years but sadly had to move out of the Bay Area- I've been to many Dr's since the move and none come close.